Questions of hugs content.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
On his forum it was said to contact @Night Trap I understand hugs is leaving for his own good, but I wonder how should his content be expanded upon by other writers? Are there any guidelines to be followed? He also said. "I do plan on finishing a couple projects for TiTS hopefully in the near future, but after that, I think my days of writing for TiTS will be done." Which projects does he plan to finish?

Sorry to bother you this has just been bugging me since hugs post.

This is one of those things that simply falls under unknown. I.e. Jim Thermic punched out in deep space to never be heard from again. At least from a plain consumer like myself.

However; a deep reverence is held for his work. Almost superstitious actually, as those that attempted to expand on his work have barely measured up to his socks.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you'll need to have intimate, inside info and motivation from a previously made/written character to carry any torch. You'll have to tap the mind of the author to really grokk it in full.

That said, why not pursue a personal or original NPC of your own? Make it enticing and juicy to your tastes, then toss against a wall to see what sticks!

Unfortunately, there simply isn't a fast, cheap, easily accessed way to peer into an author's mind. Doubly so I'd wager if they have decided to move along and grow away from TiTS/FenCo.

EDIT: For great speilling and grahmattical cracker enjoyment. ^.^

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
On his forum it was said to contact @Night TrapI wonder how should his content be expanded upon by other writers?

The question isn't how to do it, but should you. And the answer is "probably not." There's nothing of Hugs' that really needs expansion anyway. Just leave it alone.

Reactions: Night Trap

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
On his forum it was said to contact @Night Trap I understand hugs is leaving for his own good, but I wonder how should his content be expanded upon by other writers? Are there any guidelines to be followed? Which projects does he plan to finish?

Sorry to bother you this has just been bugging me since hugs post.
Well the first step would be to DM me instead of @ing me in a new thread. :p

But Savin said it better than anyone really could have:
The question isn't how to do it, but should you. And the answer is "probably not." There's nothing of Hugs' that really needs expansion anyway. Just leave it alone.

None of Hugs' characters need anything more than they already have, and it'd much better for him if they were just left alone. Dealing with people he doesn't know really well causes him a lot of anxiety, which is why he's pulling back and filtering people through me in the first place. None of it needs to be finished. It's all complete already and can all stand on its own just fine. Even stuff that has any room to be expanded upon, like Erra, has already been handed off to other writers that Hugs trusts.

However, if you have an idea for an individual scene or a few small scenes rather than a whole expack, then DMing me to tell me about it is the first step. From there I will reach out to Hugs through other means and talk to him about it and find out if he's cool with it. If he is, we'll work with you on it to make sure it fits the character(s) in question.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Thank you for your answers I do not plan on expanding upon any of hugs content. I was just curious about the post when he said future projects. But if he handed them off to fellow writers that's great.
P.S sorry I did not see your forum.