Question regarding the Ezbeth Jungle

Orinks

Sep 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

So I have explored the Ezbeth jungle, and haven't found a Zil. Even in the place where I thought I may have found one, the flowers, I didn't. Is it totally random where they show up?

Some enemies don't appear to be random. I found a Cunt Snake, and lost to it, lost to a Navine as well, but I was exploring and found Dane, losing to him as well. That pistol you get at the beginning of the game is quite crap. Does Easy Mode make enemies easier, or just give hints like that level up message when you take the southern path in the jungle?

After this, I went back to my ship, finding that New Texas is unlocked. I started a new game, because I wasn't sure if losing to Dane effects anything. Someone did give me hints to level a bit, but I wanted to see what I was up against.

Now because I started a new game, I have to wait until Xenotech opens. I suppose I should get that gun from Carl. Following the northern path in the Jungle, I notice that the "You should level up a bit" message never appeared. Besides grinding and trying to level up, are there any quests I can do until Xenotech?

Thanks everyone. I'll try to use the wiki whenever possible, though I do like to try and figure stuff out as well.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Various sections of the jungle contain different sets of enemies.

The path to the east from where you enter the jungle is primarily zil and cuntsnakes with the occasional kerokeras.  Cuntsnakes are immune to all forms of attack except melee combat, while zil and kerokeras are most easily defeated by using teases.  Ass teases seem to be particularly effective.  Deeper in you'll encounter venus pitchers, who aren't a combat encounter but rather a Willpower test.  You should stay near the entrance on this path until you're level 2, or level 3 if you're particularly having trouble.  Go back to the ship and Sleep whenever your experience gauge is full.

The path to the south is primarily naleen and sometimes mimbranes.  Naleen are best defeated by using chest teases, while mimbranes must be defeated by shooting them.

As you follow the south path you'll come upon a side area exclusively populated by the vanae.  Teasing is, again, the way to go.  Inside this area is the Atma Armor, the first equippable armor you can find, and the vanae carry spears that are considerably more powerful than your starting melee weapon.

Talk to Crazy Carl to learn about the robot, then head down the southern path and head all the way southwest to fight the machina boss.  Use the skill you learned at level 2 to defeat it.  The ZK Rifle you receive upon returning to Carl is much stronger than the starting gun and should give you enough power to defeat Dane, though you may have to reload a few times if you're still having trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The ZK Rifle you receive upon returning to Carl is much stronger than the starting gun and should give you enough power to defeat Dane, though you may have to reload a few times if you're still having trouble.
Or you can just let him bum you. It's not *that* big of a deal.