Question regarding JS vs Legacy versions and new content moving forward.

May 12, 2016
I understand that the JS version is a port that's been rapidly catching up to where the legacy flash version was as far as content. When the two are finally caught up, is new development going to continue on both or will it solely be the JS version? I like the legacy version because I know it's compatible and easy to use with TiTsEd, but when I finally hit the end of content, am I going to have to figure out how to transfer a save file over, or if that's impossible, start over from scratch?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I understand that the JS version is a port that's been rapidly catching up to where the legacy flash version was as far as content. When the two are finally caught up, is new development going to continue on both or will it solely be the JS version?
JavaScript is the only version in development. The only updates Flash will receive are to fix bugs in the save conversion functions. Even that's in question.
I like the legacy version because I know it's compatible and easy to use with TiTsEd, but when I finally hit the end of content, am I going to have to figure out how to transfer a save file over, or if that's impossible, start over from scratch?
Can you run CoC 2? If so, you can run the TiTS JS version.
There is someone working on a JS Save Editor. In the meantime, it's actually surprisingly easy to use console commands to directly modify most things.
The Flash version has 'Export' and 'Convert File' buttons on the Save/Load screen that will convert your saves to a format that can be read by JS. There are a handful of bugs (that I know of), however:
1. It ignores your equipped Accessory, effectively deleting it.
2. There seems to be a problem with lip mod.
3. Genitailia revert to Pink Human (might be a general bug with tail genetails, rather than a conversion issue).

May 12, 2016
JavaScript is the only version in development. The only updates Flash will receive are to fix bugs in the save conversion functions. Even that's in question.

Can you run CoC 2? If so, you can run the TiTS JS version.
There is someone working on a JS Save Editor. In the meantime, it's actually surprisingly easy to use console commands to directly modify most things.
The Flash version has 'Export' and 'Convert File' buttons on the Save/Load screen that will convert your saves to a format that can be read by JS. There are a handful of bugs (that I know of), however:
1. It ignores your equipped Accessory, effectively deleting it.
2. There seems to be a problem with lip mod.
3. Genitailia revert to Pink Human (might be a general bug with tail genetails, rather than a conversion issue).
I can definitely run it, I was just worried about the ability to preserve my save file when jumping over. Didn't know you could just export and convert the flash version into something readable by JS or how reliable that process is. It sounds like nothing is going to be severely broken in the process.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I can definitely run it, I was just worried about the ability to preserve my save file when jumping over. Didn't know you could just export and convert the flash version into something readable by JS or how reliable that process is. It sounds like nothing is going to be severely broken in the process.
It's amazing how many people still don't know about the conversion functions. They've been in for a long time now.