Question! Could Etheryn magic cage be considered excessive punishment?

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
When I passed the ice dungeon and Etheryn's situation was mentioned, I thought about the possibility that it would become an item object so that I could use it against some character.

the two characters that come to mind first is Kasyrra, could be a pacifist way to defeat her although I have doubts if it would work in her.
then this Hirrud, what is she currently doing? It could be a danger kidnapping more kittens maybe the magic cage could demotivate him.

In either case, you are depriving an individual's freedom even if it is a good reason. So if there was an option, would your corruption increase or decrease?

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
To answer the question in the title: it is a pretty harsh punishment, but it is sexual in nature, isn't gory and doesn't feature any of the no-go fetishes, so I don't see why scenes or even a mini-questline for such interactions can't be written if any author will feel like or were to be commissioned.

In my understanding the Corruption increases are reserved for the cases where the player either gets directly influenced by demonic magic (e.g. fucking dem cultists and demons) or gives in to their urges that would strengthen and sustain the influence of said magic (e.g. sexually bullying Ryn). For the latter I imagine having some seed of corruption already within you is a prerequisite, else almost every orc NPC we meet would be corrupt as fuck.

Actions that are simply assholish or harsh in nature but don't meet the aforementioned criteria don't corrupt you. That's why I think that your idea can go either way depending on whether or not putting the cage on someone would be written as PC being self-righteous or a pervert who wants some orgasm denial dominant sexy times.

What I am curious about is whether or not the coders will be adamantly against the idea of wearable PC magic chestity that isn't contained in specific scenes.

ISOÆTE

Sep 12, 2020
You can already kind of do that with Jaelyn by using her +5 Ring of Floppy Peen on herself. Not quite as restrictive as a chastity cage but it's effectively the same thing.
The problem with having a system like that is tone. Any sexual scenario the player's personally involved in is always somewhat consensual. There are no scenarios where you're genuinely sadistically doing something the other party absolutely does not want. Except you know, killing imps and centaurs, the latter of which is super jarring especially after the centaur village dungeon.
Maybe Kass wouldn't mind having one on. I think. Probably. I totally don't have a head canon of her training up the champion as her ideal dom for herself. But in the case of Hirrud or anyone else you might wanna force one on, the writers either won't do it, or they will and it's super weird like killing centaurs.

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
Kasyrra seems a bit too jumbo-sized and perennially erect for something like that.

Hirrud is apparently getting turned into a woman soon, so I don't think he'll be involved in that unless it gets written as alternative side content.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Sticking people you don't like (Hirrud comes to mind immediately) in an Etheryn-like cage would be a funny and fitting punishment, yes. If somebody wanted to write that as an endstate for some douchey NPC I wouldn't be opposed at all.

Unfortunately, as Kas herself tempts Ryn with, demons can shapeshift and just free themselves from it, so it wouldn't work on Kas or any future bedicked fiends.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
Unfortunately, as Kas herself tempts Ryn with, demons can shapeshift and just free themselves from it, so it wouldn't work on Kas or any future bedicked fiends.
Correct me if I'm wrong. If I read that part but I understood that when people turn into demons the body transforms for the first time as if it were treating a metamorphosis, isn't it something that they control whenever, they want, if that's the case all demons are shapeshifters?
I mean can you add inches to your dong freely, that could stop a demon from growing twenty meters and turning into godzilla

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong. If I read that part but I understood that when people turn into demons the body transforms for the first time as if it were treating a metamorphosis, isn't it something that they control whenever, they want, if that's the case all demons are shapeshifters?
I mean can you add inches to your dong freely, that could stop a demon from growing twenty meters and turning into godzilla

Square cube law. :^)

Reactions: Firangi and Salomon

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015

I thought that wasn't possible because of the cage's magic? It counteracted all attempts to magically remove Ryn's peen, but does that just not apply to creatures that can innately remove their own peen? Also the reason it was super effective at locking down Ryn's business is because it was locked down with Alissa's soul, meaning to make one of equal power it would also cost us a soul.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I thought that wasn't possible because of the cage's magic? It counteracted all attempts to magically remove Ryn's peen, but does that just not apply to creatures that can innately remove their own peen? Also the reason it was super effective at locking down Ryn's business is because it was locked down with Alissa's soul, meaning to make one of equal power it would also cost us a soul.
If asked about Ryn's cage in the Palace of Ice, Kas says that a demon could shapeshift out of it easily. While I suppose she could've been lying, most people discussing the situation since the WC have taken her statement at face value.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Out of curiosity, is there any chance there might be a Bad End in the future where Ryn takes her up on the offer?

There's art in the game but not currently used showing Alissa after her initial transformation with some new... equipment. I think it's safe to take both Kas and her creator at their words here that the ability to shapeshift isn't limited to when they first become a demon. Kas' design doc even mentions that her transformations were a gradual process.

Now, with demons being able to shapeshift I do wonder why demon!Jael'yn can't transform her way out of her magic collar or cock ring but I'll just assume the answer is 'Magic, bitches'. Or she secretly likes it and hasn't actually thought about the fact that she could remove them any time she likes...

Reactions: Burnerbro

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Low Confidence Ryn sure seemed tempted...
So you're saying there's a chance... good thing I have a low Confidence Ryn in one of my Champion runs just in case then. xD
Oh right I forgot about Jaelyn but it seems to me that she is a demon, or is she just contaminated?
Depends on where you send her. Frost Hound!Jael'yn is corrupted but not a demon while Wayfort!Jael'yn has gone full demon in your absence. In the latter case depending on whether you spared the Alraune or not, Jael'yn either loses her soul from fucking PlantMILF or Farrah. 'Oops'.

Last edited:

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
Now, with demons being able to shapeshift I do wonder why demon!Jael'yn can't transform her way out of her magic collar or cock ring but I'll just assume the answer is 'Magic, bitches'. Or she secretly likes it and hasn't actually thought about the fact that she could remove them any time she likes...

The color itself has powerful binding and mind-altering magic cast onto it. It's designed to make the wearer semi-permanently obey the one who placed the collar on them, even on people at "risk" of becoming full demons (she used it on her own corrupted subordinates on a regular basis). Jaelyn wants to get the collar off, but is unable to do anything to remove it herself.

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
Demonized companion Ryn would be pretty cool as a corruption path, but Savin has already shoved 3 hotdogs in his mouth by creating the "low confidence - high confidence - high libido" system. I don't know if he is tempted to try shoving another weiner in with the rest, but if it means Demon-Ryn becomes jacked he would be tempted...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Uhhh, you do know that the problem with the cage is that it can't be unlocked by anyone other than Alissa, right?

Also, because of how the code handles things, chastity devices cause the game to pitch a fit. This is why Ryn has a special tag that removes her from random sexings and why it's never going to be a general mechanic.

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
considering that Hirrud is Kelt's minotaur version in this world, I see no problem with him having the same end! For that reason, at least Kelt had a use as a guard on the farm, but absolutely no one would miss Hirrud!

Elf

Sep 23, 2018
Uhhh, you do know that the problem with the cage is that it can't be unlocked by anyone other than Alissa, right?

Also, because of how the code handles things, chastity devices cause the game to pitch a fit. This is why Ryn has a special tag that removes her from random sexings and why it's never going to be a general mechanic.
I hope the next game, after CoC2 and TiTS will have chastity as a game mechanic with the possibility of permanent player chastity (both male and female).

Reactions: Salomon

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I hope the next game, after CoC2 and TiTS will have chastity as a game mechanic with the possibility of permanent player chastity (both male and female).

as an option and challenge, it would be nice, but as a standard mechanic, even if it is not impossible, it would be unlikely!

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

It suuuuper won't. Ditto wearing buttplugs around when/where you want. Or basically anything that would dick over every writer just trying to hammer out sex scenes.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The Man has already spoken, but let me suggest that if this is something you like, give Tales of Androgyny a try if you haven't already. It has a chastity mechanic and even a class option that starts with it. It's designed around the possibility that you won't ever be using your dick (because devs fetishes) and thus can handle chastity while none of these games are and attempting chastity devices breaks them.

Or if you really want to see that content in these games, try writing it yourself. One-off scenes that won't cause the code to tear itself to bits should pass muster as long as they otherwise meet the submission standards.

Salomon

Jun 17, 2019
Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I fucking love that game, blew so god damn many loads on my first day playing, i highly recommend it to those with a sissy anal-princess kink.
I took a look at the game page and the wiki, and I'm downloading the game right now as I write this. And if the game is half what it seems to be, I will make use of the phrase "Destroy Your Dick December"!

As soon as the download is complete, I will start playing, and if everything goes as expected, by the new year I will be a few pounds lighter!

Reactions: Malidica

ThunderOwl

Mar 14, 2021
considering that Hirrud is Kelt's minotaur version in this world, I see no problem with him having the same end!
Khor´minos is going to be great. Big cocks and milky titties as far as the eye can see. Also, is Alyssa going to be there, because I think that her face needs a pounding

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Also, is Alyssa going to be there, because I think that her face needs a pounding
Alissa with an I. If people start talking about how much they hate Aly I get sad.

As for whether she'll be in Khor'minos: :iiam:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, we know that Alissa is somewhere in the general vicinity of Khor'minos since that's the direction she was last seen heading, and Ryn has some thoughts on where she's likely to be found and why if you talk to her.

That said, I won't be surprised in the slightest if she doesn't actually show up in whatever location she's ultimately planned to appear in for quite some time and that at most we get a tile with some teasing text that hints at what will happen there whenever she does get implemented.