Question about the proportions of content;

Status
Not open for further replies.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
It's been awhile since I last tried CoC2 out, but when I did before, I got the sense that it was far straighter than the first CoC or TiTS. To be blunt, I only like M/M content, and literally everything I saw before that had a dick was still a watermelon titbeast. Is that what I should expect to see in the future? Cuz if so, I'll just take a hard pass.

Coincidentally, if the legit m/m content (not dickgirl, not cuntboy, not sissy, not feminization etc. etc. etc.) content is going to be a very very small proportion, that'd be effectively identical to having none at all. Some people might be willing to suffer through hours of things they find gross to experience minutes of something they enjoy, but I'm not one of them.

One final question; will there be options in the menu for ticking on and off particular fetishes/pairings?

Reactions: Semeshotarules

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Doesn't CoC only have like 2 gay dudes you can fuck?
I think he's referring to the design philosophy of it. TiTS and CoC both operate under an omnivorous flag; the idea that top or bottom, the specific configuration of the PC or the waifu/enemy, and even what parts the action involves are all incidental and can be freely mixed and matched.

CoC2 by contrast does have a lot more content that's narrowed down to a straight perspective if not actually gated by it.

Reactions: karunama and Kesil

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I think he's referring to the design philosophy of it. TiTS and CoC both operate under an omnivorous flag; the idea that top or bottom, the specific configuration of the PC or the waifu/enemy, and even what parts the action involves are all incidental and can be freely mixed and matched.

CoC2 by contrast does have a lot more content that's narrowed down to a straight perspective if not actually gated by it.
I think that's only Kiyoko and Garret.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018

Is it still straight with Kiyoko if you’re a girl with a dick though?

Though you’re referred to as “Papa” no matter your gender, lol, but that’s in the sense of you being the sire. No pronouns are used in reference at all to the PC, though Kiyoko’s line whenever you stay for the birth always treats you like you’re a guy, but considering plenty of moms aren’t comfy with even female family watching them, that can be ambiguous too.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Is it still straight with Kiyoko if you’re a girl with a dick though?

Though you’re referred to as “Papa” no matter your gender, lol, but that’s in the sense of you being the sire.

According to OP futas don't count for anything :p

Maybe when all the kitsune stuff's done I can convince Tobs to let us find-replace all the "papa" and "husband" etc. stuff with [pc.mascFem] equivalents.

Koshka

Oct 2, 2015
I got the sense that it was far straighter than the first CoC or TiTS. To be blunt, I only like M/M content, and literally everything I saw before that had a dick was still a watermelon titbeast.
I don't know if you even played this game, but there's already a lot of M/M content. Off the top of my head, here's some characters who have such scenes: Brint, Berwyn, Vaush, Ninian, Orc chief (Arona's bro), Dale, centaurs, crazy horse. Not sure if you even tried to look for it before starting to complain...
Some people might be willing to suffer through hours of things they find gross to experience minutes of something they enjoy, but I'm not one of them.
Again, not sure if you even played this game, but there's no "mandatory" sex scenes in this game.

Reactions: Emerald

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I for one am in a "beggars can't be choosers" situation, as I'm not interested in most sexable males, as they have various degrees of furriness, muscles, overt feminine looks and large assets. Doing a stretch, the only males I'm vaguely interested in are Elaril, Hinata and Dale.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Those two make up a sizable percent of the game's overall word count, though, and considering they were written by one of the game's main writers it's safe to make a couple of assumptions: that most of what he writes going forward will also be done this way and that his writing will continue to make up enough of the game to color the impression it gives off.

And if you go about counting up the manly men that the OP might be interested in The Observer has written a number of them. That cuts his potential interest in the game way down and can easily give him the feeling that the game has this straight bent to it that the others don't.

Reactions: Semeshotarules

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Those two make up a sizable percent of the game's overall word count, though, and considering they were written by one of the game's main writers it's safe to make a couple of assumptions: that most of what he writes going forward will also be done this way and that his writing will continue to make up enough of the game to color the impression it gives off.

And if you go about counting up the manly men that the OP might be interested in The Observer has written a number of them. That cuts his potential interest in the game way down and can easily give him the feeling that the game has this straight bent to it that the others don't.
If that's how he feels then that's how he feels. Complaining that not everyone in the game is bi is still silly.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
He was more asking for confirmation of his initial impression than complaining about it.

It -is- fair to say that CoC2 is going to be a good bit straighter than the others.
No, it isn't. There is fundamentally far more gay stuff CONFIRMED coming now than there were probably 2-3 years into TiTS. You dudes are trippin' because there's hetero-only content that makes you ignore the fact tons of characters will fuck you as a dude.

Just because Observer writes a lot doesn't mean that's changing.

Reactions: Emerald

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Even Savin agreed that this game isn't going to scratch his itch. If he's not interested in futas or traps or anything I'd wager a good bit of that confirmed content isn't going to interest him.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Even Savin agreed that this game isn't going to scratch his itch.

No, I said he shouldn't play the game, because I don't have the time or patience to deal with screeching out of their asses about what percentage of content hits their sexuality.

Neither should you if you're gonna be ignorant about it.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Though you’re referred to as “Papa” no matter your gender, lol, but that’s in the sense of you being the sire.

This is correct; Kinu refers to you by your title. For a similar example, there have been a number of female kings, both historically and in fiction.

Maybe when all the kitsune stuff's done I can convince Tobs to let us find-replace all the "papa" and "husband" etc. stuff with [pc.mascFem] equivalents.

I've talked with people like Merz on this very subject, and while they don't agree they nevertheless understand why it was done and the reasoning that led to it, which was without malice. I'm content with this outcome.

Reactions: Shura
Status
Not open for further replies.