Question About the Latest Backer Poll

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
What would this hard mode entail?

XP drops (but not level)
Does that mean you get less experience when fighting enemies, and...the level cap isn’t lowered? Or does it mean the enemies won’t have their levels(and probably stats too) raised by the hard mode?
for masturbating
So we gain experience for masturbating as well? That doesn’t seem like a hard mode.
and more stringent HP/energy recovery methods?
So, I’m guessing healing items heal for less, you probably don’t regen your shields after the first step you take out of a square after combat (probably only when you rest somewhere), and full heals only occur by sleeping at your ship.

A

Athena

No, you lose experience if you masturbate. Just not to the point where you "Level down".

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Ah, I read “drops” as it gets dropped for you so you can receive it (like loot drops), not as in it gets reduced/dropped/lowered. So there’s no big difficulty change then? I mean, no stat increases on enemies? I guess I haven’t fought the really tough enemies because I haven’t really had trouble with energy/health/shield management between battles. Is that a huge problem on some of the more challenging enemies?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Lose XP for masturbation? I'm not sure that will have the effect they want. All it really does is make Ice Cold even more optimal. Do Nova or Siegwulfe count as 'masturbating'? If not, there's an easy way around it right there, available on the 2nd planet.

I guess I haven’t fought the really tough enemies because I haven’t really had trouble with energy/health/shield management between battles. Is that a huge problem on some of the more challenging enemies?
What class are you playing (and are you melee or ranged)? What enemies do you consider 'challenging' that you haven't fought? Combat in this game is pretty easy in general, especially if you're willing to abuse Tease or FZR Fire Suppression System + Crushing, but some can be kind of annoying (Kane, Naleen Mating Ball, Amara Faell, Overseer Maike).

Last edited:

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Well, to be fair, I always peter out at about the time I get to Myrellion on my playthroughs. I haven’t even done any of the later-level stuff on Mengha. I haven’t even done any time sensitive missions where resting for even 4 hours could cause you to fail or have an undesirable outcome.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The only time-sensitive missions I know of are
1. Tarkus' Stellar Tether, which in my experience is extremely easy, as long as you get a Hammer Shield from a Sex Bot. Captain Khorgan has a 'Cover' mechanic I've never engaged with because it's irrelevant.
2. Saendra's quest on Tavros. The fights are all very easy. Granted, it's very easy to be over leveled for this. Rescuing Saendra can be difficult if you get the quest as soon as you leave Mhen'ga for Tarkus (tip: if you decline distress calls at the generic 'you receive a distress call' stage, they don't count as failed/ignored), after Tarkus it's easy.
3. Siege of Korg'ii Hold, maybe? Healing items drop pretty frequently (although the Pyrite Stimpen also causes Taint). And you can stock up beforehand in Korg'ii Hold if you corrupt the natives with the concept of Credits. Healing Poultice is still currently the best healing item.

Never tried resting in Kara Quest 2, so I don't know if that causes problems or not, but then, I've never really needed to.
Energy becomes less of a problem to manage once you get your class recovery perk (granted, it takes Smugglers until level 7), and HP is much easier to manage now that Bianca and the Field Surgeon's Kit has been added.

And I say this after playing through as a Melee Drone Tech who maxed Intelligence but never raised Physique and a Melee Merc with Physique 15 on Tarkus and 25 after (I wanted to minimize training at Ten Ton Gym or with Ramis until after I got Augment-Weave armor from Zheng Shi).

Last edited: