Question about the Ghost Dream

kapuchu

Oct 1, 2015
I was wondering if, perhaps, it was possible for that one to become a permanent part of TiTs?
I think the question of quality answers itself: It's bloody brilliant, by far the sexiest mini event in the game, and I would hate to see it disappear now that Halloween is over.

That aside, what are ya'll's thoughts on it?

Reactions: Slab Bulkhead

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
This is in regards to the scene involving the possessed yoga instructor, correct? While it was indeed a very nice touch, I did not enjoy it all that much. The idea of someone being possessed by a bonafide ghost seemed too out of place in regards to the rest of Trials in Tainted Space to be a permanent event, in my opinion. While I would have no objection to it staying as a permanent event, I would rather have some sort of condition met before it can be accessed during non-halloween times. Either way, you will not find me actively seeking the event out again.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
This is in regards to the scene involving the possessed yoga instructor, correct? While it was indeed a very nice touch, I did not enjoy it all that much. The idea of someone being possessed by a bonafide ghost seemed too out of place in regards to the rest of Trials in Tainted Space to be a permanent event, in my opinion. While I would have no objection to it staying as a permanent event, I would rather have some sort of condition met before it can be accessed during non-halloween times. Either way, you will not find me actively seeking the event out again.

I think he means the dream you can get about a ghost fucking/sucking the cum out of you to turn itself ever more visible, not the Paige ghostly possession one.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
I think he means the dream you can get about a ghost fucking/sucking the cum out of you to turn itself ever more visible, not the Paige ghostly possession one.

Then I don't think I have encountered it. Even so, it still sounds too out of place to have fantasy elements such as ghosts appear in a science-fiction oriented game

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
TiTS is more of a science-fantasy game imo.

Also I've gotten the ghost twice on one character.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Glad you like it. :D Far as I know, all the Halloween stuff shows up in the game around that time of year, every year, like the Kashima Incident. So the ghost dream is a permanent thing in TiTS, but you can only get it around Halloween.

And as for ghosts being out of place in the game, that's why I wrote it as a dream, so I didn't have to worry if it could really happen or not.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Glad you like it. :D Far as I know, all the Halloween stuff shows up in the game around that time of year, every year, like the Kashima Incident. So the ghost dream is a permanent thing in TiTS, but you can only get it around Halloween.

And as for ghosts being out of place in the game, that's why I wrote it as a dream, so I didn't have to worry if it could really happen or not.

Wait, the Kashima Incident only shows up around Halloween? 0.o

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
No, it doesn't only show up around Halloween, it just has a much higher chance of occurring around Halloween.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Well shit... When does Halloween end again? Didn't Fenoxo say it was extended? I need to get the Kashima incident done on a few more characters before it goes...

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Well shit... When does Halloween end again? Didn't Fenoxo say it was extended? I need to get the Kashima incident done on a few more characters before it goes...
I believe that it was three days out from Halloween in either direction. No idea what it is now though. Your best bet would be to just change the date to Halloween on whatever you're playing on.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
The wiki says "Kashima (Distress call: between October 24 to November 7 (real time). Lvl 7+. Travelling to or from Myrellion)", so I was going by that. Sorry for any confusion.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
@Miakoda
So I guess you are one of those people who would hate the thought of ghost ships?
You know, the spooky abandoned space ships that usually have some kind of horror element to them in movies.
Also the whole "It's a Science fiction game" bit is kinda a horrible argument to not having a ghost in the game.
Seeing as their are things like the Frostwyrm that can fly around in harsh blizzards even though that would be impossible.
You know, seeing as unless it fragile as toothpick, its wings would not be able to lift it.
And if it was that fragile it wouldn't be such a tough fight, since you could just using your trusty gun to shoot it once in let's say the arm thus blowing that arm off.
Not to mention the few other creatures and species that would not be able to exist "scientifically" because of biological reasons.

Science-Fantasy-Fiction games are the best aren't they? :D

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I've made my Steele sleep so many days to see this Ghost dream and it still has not appeared. I do have the date set on Halloween too, in case. Gonna keep trying for it. There's no requirements, are there? Like do Steele need to be sleeping without anyone or anything?

But that sounds like a cool idea, if it were to not just be a seasonal thing. Have it randomly occur and after so many times, it becomes an actual being to exist and to interact with on the ship. Nonetheless, excited to eventually read it when I can get it to occur.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I've made my Steele sleep so many days to see this Ghost dream and it still has not appeared. I do have the date set on Halloween too, in case. Gonna keep trying for it. There's no requirements, are there? Like do Steele need to be sleeping without anyone or anything?
You just need to have a dick as far as I know. It triggered while I was sleeping with Reaha.

Reactions: partnerintime

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I didn't give it any requirements, and I wrote it to note if you're sleeping with someone but that doesn't change anything other than a couple lines.
Actually no, that's not correct. I got the dream as a fully female Steele, the ghost just made me grow a temporary ghostly dick and balls that she kept making grow bigger.
I wrote it like that because I like the idea of parts changing size in the act, but that's not something you can do in regular TiTS stuff, and I didn't want to give anyone a dick who didn't want one. So I thought a dream would work best.

Reactions: partnerintime

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I finally got to read the dream after like sleeping 60 days. lol I loved it and I can see why some would want it to be more than just a seasonal thing. Honestly, fantastic writing and idea.

Reactions: Slab Bulkhead

MisoHappe

Jul 5, 2018
I didn't give it any requirements, and I wrote it to note if you're sleeping with someone but that doesn't change anything other than a couple lines.

I wrote it like that because I like the idea of parts changing size in the act, but that's not something you can do in regular TiTS stuff, and I didn't want to give anyone a dick who didn't want one. So I thought a dream would work best.

Just encountered this (I have the cheat enabling all events at any time) but I just thought how cool it would be to get a ghost type crew member/teammate. You could maybe make it cannon with some sort of anti-matter/dark-matter research incident...?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Just encountered this (I have the cheat enabling all events at any time) but I just thought how cool it would be to get a ghost type crew member/teammate. You could maybe make it cannon with some sort of anti-matter/dark-matter research incident...?

Welcome to the forum! If you stick around a bit, please do read the date on the last posted reply so you don't necro threads... This thread was last active in November 2017, and thus has been dead for months

It's much better to make a new thread if you want to restart a topic