Question about handling bug reports (and also an apology)

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
So, all of my posting on here nowadays is in the bug reports. And recently (well, "recently". Its been almost a month since ive checked here or even played TiTS. But regardless...) Ive kinda had a few instances where some of the staff have asked me to not put, quote "disparate issues into one thread".

First of all, I want to formally apologize to the staff for any and all inconvenience, frustration, irritation, grievances, etc that the aforementioned issue may have caused, and I hope this wont make my bug posts exasperating or anything in the future. And i also want to apologize for taking so long to adress this issue. I only just found out about it, cuz like i said before, i havent checked the forums in a while. So sorry for letting this sit for so long.

Now, with that out of the way, ive decided to nip this in the bud right here and now before I go onto my next nitpick spree.

How should I handle submitting large amounts of potentially varied issues/nitpick/revisions/etc in the future?

Should I make individual threads for each and every one? Should I split them up by category/type of issue? Where is the line drawn between grammatical/spelling/sentence structure edits and what is officially considered a bug/glitch?

Also, do you want me to stop pasting screenshots of the issues I find? Imo, using screenshots is better as it allows me to show precisely what is wrong no matter what kind of issue it may be. Its also a lot faster than the method described in the bug posting guidelines (which I only just found out existed. again, sorry), which is quite handy when i discover an issue whilst in the heat of the moment and want to get back to the action asap (sorry if that was a bit tmi, lol). If you want, I can start putting the images into spoilers so they dont make so much clutter.

And thats all the questions I have on the subject at the moment! Again, my most sincere apologies for any frustrations I may have caused (and any tmi), and please let me know how i should handle my bug posting from now on!

Last edited:
Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
For typos, personal rule of thumb is that if there's not many for an individual encounter/character but you've stockpiled up a lot of minor ones, throw 'em in a single thread and properly segment them out with exact location and which encounter they occur in..

If you're doing character/scene/encounter actual bugs/glitches/parser problems, then separate them even if it's just one or two problems. If a mod/admin wants to combine them to reduce thread clutter they'll do that at their own discretion and make note (from personal experience).

Instead of screenshots, just do a ctrl+a (select all) for full page errors or copy the 3 or so words before and after a typo or parser issue. Typos: Simply highlight, copy, paste into thread, slap ellipses at either end, and properly denote what the actual issue is, generally with an underline or bolding and a note to the side. Personally I use | (ctrl+backslash) for segmenting off where my notes start.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Where is the line drawn between grammatical/spelling/sentence structure edits and what is officially considered a bug/glitch?
Seriously? o_O

Also, this couldn't have been handled via private messaging?

Reactions: OofS and Kesil

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
For typos, personal rule of thumb is that if there's not many for an individual encounter/character but you've stockpiled up a lot of minor ones, throw 'em in a single thread and properly segment them out with exact location and which encounter they occur in..

If you're doing character/scene/encounter actual bugs/glitches/parser problems, then separate them even if it's just one or two problems. If a mod/admin wants to combine them to reduce thread clutter they'll do that at their own discretion and make note (from personal experience).

Instead of screenshots, just do a ctrl+a (select all) for full page errors or copy the 3 or so words before and after a typo or parser issue. Typos: Simply highlight, copy, paste into thread, slap ellipses at either end, and properly denote what the actual issue is, generally with an underline or bolding and a note to the side. Personally I use | (ctrl+backslash) for segmenting off where my notes start.
Thank you very much!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Seriously? o_O

Also, this couldn't have been handled via private messaging?
I just wanted to cover all the bases from the get go so theres as little chance of any issues in the future and making it so i had to do this again and myself look like an even bigger shmuck.

Also, I figured this would be more effective, as well as being less intrusive. Though now that ypuve brought it up, im having second thoughts.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: QualityCuntrol

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
First I want to say that we appreciate the bug reports. I think not only me but the entire Fen crew appreciates the effort. If the bugs are just typos, it is ok to group them together into one thread as all it takes is changing a word or two to fix them. However, pretty much everything else should have its own thread as most other bugs are more involved. It can take hours to track down a bug, fix it, and then test it. It is best to be able close one of those out as they are resolved.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
First I want to say that we appreciate the bug reports. I think not only me but the entire Fen crew appreciates the effort. If the bugs are just typos, it is ok to group them together into one thread as all it takes is changing a word or two to fix them. However, pretty much everything else should have its own thread as most other bugs are more involved. It can take hours to track down a bug, fix it, and then test it. It is best to be able close one of those out as they are resolved.
Why thank you! To be honest, i was getting a bit paranoid that i was starting to become a nuisance. But its reassuring and means a lot to know that im not, and even more so to know that im being helpful and doing some good work!

I love this game to bits, and i just wanna help out and contribute to it however i can, in spite of not being able to support on patreon.

Anyway, ill be doing my best to separate things better from this point forward.

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
Also, do you want me to stop pasting screenshots of the issues I find? Imo, using screenshots is better as it allows me to show precisely what is wrong no matter what kind of issue it may be. Its also a lot faster than the method described in the bug posting guidelines (which I only just found out existed. again, sorry), which is quite handy when i discover an issue whilst in the heat of the moment and want to get back to the action asap (sorry if that was a bit tmi, lol). If you want, I can start putting the images into spoilers so they dont make so much clutter.

Really? People told you to sop using screenshots years ago. :negativeman:

As much as posting screenshots is easy for you, it makes finding the instances soooo much more annoying than it needs to be, being able to search the text saves quite a lot of time in the long run.

Personally, I just have a text document laying around. If I find a bug, I copy the paragraph into the doc an add a short description about it (ie what is the problem and where does the scene appear). Once the doc has 5 or so entries, I make a bug report about it.

Reactions: OofS and Paradox01

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Really? People told you to sop using screenshots years ago. :negativeman:

As much as posting screenshots is easy for you, it makes finding the instances soooo much more annoying than it needs to be, being able to search the text saves quite a lot of time in the long run.

Personally, I just have a text document laying around. If I find a bug, I copy the paragraph into the doc an add a short description about it (ie what is the problem and where does the scene appear). Once the doc has 5 or so entries, I make a bug report about it.
I legitimately do not recall being asked to stop. Though that might just be me being a dumbass.

Again, my most sincere apologies.

But no longer! I assure you!