Quest Directions in CoC2

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but I have an issue with understanding the directions the firrst few quests (Cat call, etc.) give me.

Like: "In the forest past the old bridge."

I then walk around Hawkethorn, looking for a description passing a bridge. So far, I also haven't noticed a brodge in the three main areas. So basically I am confused to what area I am supposed to go for a quest.

Does anybody have a similar issue, or can tell me how I am misunderstanding the descriptions?

Koshka

Oct 2, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not sure what quest you're talking about (haven't played the game for some time), but there ARE bridge in the forest, no? A big one that spans for a several "location points" (right past the Alraune), leading to the castle ruins, where you can find Etheryn. And past these ruins is another forest.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Simple solution is to read the tile description each block has one. If you're still stuck the journal should point you in the right direction, also it should be noted not all quests are able to be completed yet.

Reactions: OofS

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
Simple solution is to read the tile description each block has one.

Yes, I did that. I am confused because I not sure if I am looking in the right area. Like, there is an area east, south and north of hawkathorn that I can access from the start. I went east to search for the old bridge (which should be in the old forest if I remember correctly), I am just not sure if east is the old forest.

I just cannot figure out if east is where the old bridge should be. But that may just me.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
Does no one actually read the room descriptions I spent so much time on?

I do, I just misread them to confuse myself even more. I misread 'the crossroad bridges the gap...' as 'the crossroads bridge'.

Yay for me and my brain

E: Just one thing, I carefully read the exit and entry description for any hint if it is the old forest or not. It was a nice description, but I didn't get what zone I was entering

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
North is the forest. East is the Foothills. South is Harvest Valley.

Note that the region you're currently in is displayed right over the map.

Reactions: cool.alexia