Qestion from an Amature prose writer.

Brotherthat

Aug 26, 2015
This is a question for the writers on the forums if you don't mind me asking. Also my apologies if this is not the right form to ask in, but due to the adult content in the prose I am working on I feel too uncomfortable to ask any where else.

So I have been working on a narrative and I want to flesh out some of the character's back story . Originally I thought to do this in the form of a flash back via a conversation, plus a nightmare. But now I'm wondering if it would be better to use an in media res for a first chapter hook, and then follow the character's paths chronologically. Does any one have any recommendations?

The narrative in question can be found here if your wondering. (Warning: drider, spider morphs, futa, absorption/symbiosis, transformation, mind control, female on female, futa on female and vice versa)  Any thoughts or helpful critiques would be appreciated. 

Oct 15, 2015
Well, it completely depends on what kind of story you want to tell. That's the short version.

The long version is a bunch of questions to ask yourself: When is the character's backstory important to know? Will it raise tension to explain it earlier? Is it necessary to understand what happens in the story? If it ties into a later event, then you'll want to space it out a little before the event, but if it's unrelated, I'd space it out over a period of time. If you do want to go the flashback route, I'd stick the flashback at a point of low tension. I personally to find a point when small bits of history are naturally prompted by the narrative (Oh, hey, X person is talking about their lost home town. Let me talk/think about my home town.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brotherthat

Aug 26, 2015
Thank you for your advise CondemnedCitrus. I will definitely keep this in mind once I have free time to write more,

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
This is a question for the writers on the forums if you don't mind me asking. Also my apologies if this is not the right form to ask in, but due to the adult content in the prose I am working on I feel too uncomfortable to ask any where else.

So I have been working on a narrative and I want to flesh out some of the character's back story . Originally I thought to do this in the form of a flash back via a conversation, plus a nightmare. But now I'm wondering if it would be better to use an in media res for a first chapter hook, and then follow the character's paths chronologically. Does any one have any recommendations?

The narrative in question can be found here if your wondering. (Warning: drider, spider morphs, futa, absorption/symbiosis, transformation, mind control, female on female, futa on female and vice versa)  Any thoughts or helpful critiques would be appreciated. 

Why do I get the feeling I have seen something like this... but in picture-form...

Brotherthat

Aug 26, 2015
Why do I get the feeling I have seen something like this... but in picture-form...

Either you saw the Man Eater manga, witch was the original inspiration only the author of that work used parasite centaurs, or you have seen some of Oo_Sebastion_oO's work.  I've had him do some commissions for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Either you saw the Man Eater manga, witch was the original inspiration only the author of that work used parasite centaurs, or you have seen some of Oo_Sebastion_oO's work.  I've had him do some commissions for me.

Fairly certain I've read both the Man Eater manga/doujin/whatever-its-called and and seen the work you commisioned.