QB's Concept Pile

Spikes

Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm. Real quick. just a personal nitpick/idea for the water world duo. For their appearances, if they have hair on their heads it should be braided and/or tied up. Loose hair in the water would be a bad idea. It would block their vision and add drag, thus slowing them down and reducing combat efficacy while submerged. Think more Lara Croft, less Ariel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'll take that to account, Spikes.

Speaking of Moana and Dreya, I want to thank those people who have taken an interest in them. LD himself, deeming them the only idea I haven't failed on before leaving the drawing board, decided to share his opinion and tips, so there is hope for them.

The current plan is to drop any sense of actual criminal/physical rivalry. Instead, each is going to be the captain of her own band of... LD didn't name them, so I just call 'em "salvagers". They're part of the small, elite bands of intrepid souls who people pay to go out into the turbulent water after the latest of the incessant storms and try to salvage something that went missing in the storm. It's very risky work... which makes it very expensive to commission them, so if you're brave to the point of foolhardiness, it's a profitable organization. As bosses, they both handle all the managerial work and accompany their teams to the debris-zones, even diving themselves if there's a need for their expertise.

Appreciate all of the commentary and support for them, so far; I thought it was good manners to let their fans know that there may be a considerable ray of hope for them after all.

A pity I can't say the same for Ashley. I hope to get him to clarify what he means about her having "fundamental issues that you can't get around with a story reworking". Maybe I should dump the "guy to girl" part of her concept, I don't know, we'll see what details I can tease from his maze of thoughts.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
I don't know if this is too impractical but, on the subject of Ashley's (I too think this is a good name choice btw) class, what if her class type was similar to the abomination from darkest dungeon? Where she'd be a plain fighter but would also have the ability to become more ravenous, thus changing her combat abilities. I think this could make her a unique enough melee party member.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I don't know if this is too impractical but, on the subject of Ashley's (I too think this is a good name choice btw) class, what if her class type was similar to the abomination from darkest dungeon? Where she'd be a plain fighter but would also have the ability to become more ravenous, thus changing her combat abilities. I think this could make her a unique enough melee party member.

In that case, his 'normal mode' kit should consist of a limited number of average physical attacks and a few 'weird' abilities granted by his 'passengers'. Also, every party member should suffer a massive Lust increase when he changes into his beastly form. That would, in theory, balance out the increased effectiveness of the new abilities*, and be in-line the nature of Ash's 'affliction'. Sadly, the whole idea goes pretty hard against 'keeping it simple', so it isn't very likely

*if we assume that reduced resistances and other additional debilitating effects of high Lust will make it into the game by that point.

Going from Spike's suggestion on background and modifying it slightly, I think it would make sense for Ash to be an unscrupulous and tenacious asshole in his initial form. He really wanted to be on top and to have all the things that people who 'made it in life' had, so he trained hard and used every dirty trick in the book to get it.

He hunted a hydra down, killed it, performed some sort of ritual and obtained the strength he sought. What the legends failed to mention was the fact that with that strength came not only physical transformations into a morph, but also a remnant of hydras 'self'.

I don't have any particularly strong opinions or good ideas for the gender-bending side of the character. If I had to choose, a mix of karmic retribution and character's own deep desires fueling the sex-change sounds better than faulty reconstructed personality approach.