Public Kineticist when?

KurvyKirby

Jan 10, 2023
Don't get me wrong, I get pushing a newer, shinier build to backers first, I'm just wondering when it's available to those unwilling or unable to pay.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Typically, the public patch is a month behind the backer patch. However, considering that they're still working things out with the new class, it might be a bit longer. Best you can do is wait and see.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Don't get me wrong, I get pushing a newer, shinier build to backers first
Also, at this point, it's not "here's a shiny new toy for backers" and instead "here's a semi-public beta test, try it out and tell us what breaks".

There's skills that bug out half the time, others that literally dissappear from the menu for a variety of reasons…

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Also, at this point, it's not "here's a shiny new toy for backers" and instead "here's a semi-public beta test, try it out and tell us what breaks".

There's skills that bug out half the time, others that literally dissappear from the menu for a variety of reasons…
I think I'll wait a month or two before I give it a shot....

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
Now that it’s out, I’m curious what the current meta is for the kineticist.
Well, i'd recommend you Custom Shock Gear and NaN Deconstructor/Hirudo Devourer (if you have trobles with HP) or XTR-8 Peer for teh great damage, nothing new here. Staffs quite useless, Shieldstaff have minor utility. Skills…a little WIP for now based on my feelings. A least combo "Energy Leech (for Deep Freeze status) - melee attack" is working. Didn't test last hotfix, maybe Geothermal Spikes and Acid Cloud finaly working as it was planned.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'd almost recommend Rough Leash over Custom Shock Gear. Stun is great, but Rough Leash has 4 more Crit (Deep Impact), Trip Chance (Geothemral Spike) and is still Crushing (Deep Freeze).

Note: Third Eye Aim only substitutes Intelligence for damage calculations. Stun/Trip/Stagger Chance are still calculated from Physique/Aim.

Psionically Attuned grants +1 Kinetic damage/level, but I think they're only half-implemented. The last is on Myrellion. I'm hoping for one with a good Crit Bonus.

Reactions: TalRasha

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
I'd almost recommend Rough Leash over Custom Shock Gear. Stun is great, but Rough Leash has 4 more Crit (Deep Impact), Trip Chance (Geothemral Spike) and is still Crushing (Deep Freeze).

Note: Third Eye Aim only substitutes Intelligence for damage calculations. Stun/Trip/Stagger Chance are still calculated from Physique/Aim.

Psionically Attuned grants +1 Kinetic damage/level, but I think they're only half-implemented. The last is on Myrellion. I'm hoping for one with a good Crit Bonus.
+1 Kinetic/level? Max lvl for staffs is 4 for now, this is not just useless, this is fcking useles.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Steele's level, not the Staff's level. Shieldwall has 30 base damage at level 12 (18 + 12).
There are only 5 Melee weapons with better base damage, and 4 are quest rewards.
Even at level 7, it's 25 damage, which is ahead of the other weapons you can get on Myrellion.
That said, I'm hoping for a higher Crit Bonus Staff for Deep Impact.

Last edited:

D4rk_Holl0w

Sep 26, 2020
I had my steele as a tech class buut i stopped playing bc i was waiting on the psionic class..... I guess i will keep waiting.