Pseudo-Simii TF idea

K

Krynh

How does being resistant to nanomachines work anyway ?(rhetorical question as you can't be)  Embry would have been fine with her backstory of conservative parents on a backwater world and no money without also needing Super strong tf resistance.  

You need a consistent rules in a world setting otherwise it's just an anything goes.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
How does being resistant to nanomachines work anyway ?(rhetorical question as you can't be)  Embry would have been fine with her backstory of conservative parents on a backwater world and no money without also needing Super strong tf resistance.

Well Simii lore was talking about their genome been resistant to mutagenic effect of space radiation so nanomachines are kind of loophole as their should work even if something is just resistant to naturaly casued mutation factors as it's sort of forced active type of rebuilding DNA not something passive happening one.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I personally take issue with Embry due to how her race's unique properties and culture were created strictly to create opposition to Embry's goal and not really because it made them interesting in anyway. Jim basically isolated Embry from the setting, using her race because his vision of Embry didn't fit TITs' narrative. I'm of the belief that the narrative shouldn't be twisted for any character, because then we wind up with a jumbled mess of contradictory rules, confusing plotlines, and characters being isolated from the setting as well as each other. Embry feels out of place in TITs, due to her race having a unique set of rules specifically made to isolate Embry in 1960, so her "issue" can actually be an issue.

That's just my 10 cents though.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Some people have fetishes for strictly defined rules in sex.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
 The critique voiced here is just that Embry, her backstory and race do not feel like they fit the lore as well as Reaha and Kaede do.

I was talking about NS first post in this thread, that argued that the contrivances behind Embry's content were made to enable the drama that served as a fuel/spice to smut, and that they are on par with a lot of other ways in which the lore of TiTS (and the RL logic) get bent in order to enable content that will get people's boners going.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
My kink is kinkshaming though.

Frogapus

Champion Cocksucker
Creator
Feb 21, 2016
Necroposting, but fuck it, I feel like arguing.

Because I think there's an argument to be made for their race being more than just stock reasons to supply plot. If you wanted to do a critical read of the Simii, there's a few points you could connect for some depth.

1. The idea of them just being hyper-advanced earth-monkeys rather than an alien race is a pretty stock sci-fi trope. In fact, it's one of the oldest sci-fi tropes, going all the way back to the 1860's, but still used 150 years later.

2. The initial monkey tests of the 1960's were meant to test the rigors and stress of space on near-human biology. It's a pretty easy step to go from there to "uplifted monkeys meant to test the rigors of space and mutagens."

3. If you want to progress the idea a little further and a little darker, a near-human species with resistance to alien mutagens would make for a perfect colonizing/guinea-pig race for new and unknown planets and environments. Assuming that early humans saw them as having less worth than humans (since they're monkeys AND artificial), it would kind of make the Simii the perfect expendable species for setting up bases in hostile environments for humans to inhabit. (But that's a "dark humanity" read on things. I blame all the Halo novels I consume.)

4. To take the theory a little further, it would be entirely conceivable that the Simii's initial culture (whenever they established themselves as an independent state) would have been heavily influenced by humanity. If they were indeed created as a lab-rat species, they could very much have internalized the structures of bias and worth from their oppressors. Note that advanced apes inheriting humanity's worst qualities is, again, a pretty standard scifi trope. So the idea of the simii having archaic views on gender identity and building xenophobic communities fits the trope pretty well.

But I guess this doesn't really make the argument that the simii fit TiTS, but rather that they fit sci-fi in general. If anything, I'm arguing that their traits aren't two-dimensional plot-props, regardless of the original author's purpose, but that there's some precedence for the concept as a whole in science fiction.

As far as having a TF-resistant race in a game about transformation, I wouldn't really know how to argue against that claim. Or if I'd even have a leg to stand on in that argument. Especially since I'm the one that wrote unfuckable aliens into a game about fucking.