PSA: Wiki possibly invaded by malware.

KidRodent

Sep 29, 2016
Went to the general wiki for Fenoxo & Co, and I got a warning that the site I was going to may have been “impersonating” the original Wiki. I feel it’s important to clarify that it took me to the warning right away, no massive redirecting as spamware usually does. I went back thinking it might have been really good spamware, but it did the same thing, an immediate redirection to a warning about impersonation, followed by a link to go back to the previous page and a link to continue. The go back link also worked as advertised and did not redirect me.

K

Krynh

Basically the certificate for the website expired and it's not secure anymore.

braincoral

Jul 27, 2017
It looks like they use LetsEncrypt. Those certificates are only valid for 90 days and are supposed to be auto-renewed by a script. I'd guess that the script either wasn't setup or didn't work properly.

The wiki should be perfectly fine to keep using if you bypass the error. There isn't a security risk to using it since the only thing wrong is the expiration date. I'm sure someone at FenCo will fix it later.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
tfw you're too lazy to get a new certificate and put up with the security warning until someone complains

It's like I'm at work. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wallpaper