Proper In-Game Stat Tutorial

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Do you guys think that it's needed? I certainly do. It's pretty easy get the basic gist of what stat does what, since most stats are quite familiar to anyone who has ever played an RPG. However a lot of interactions, and more importantly the way your stats grow is quite unusual.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
Hmm, I said no just because I think they've already done a pretty good job explaining what each stat does. Granted, like you said, the way the stats grow isn't exactly intuitive but if someone is that curious about how to min/max they could just look it up.

However, I don't think it would be bad or in anyway negative to include such a tutorial. I just think that it's unimportant enough to be the last thing added into the game. So no for now, yes for later.

Chiral

Jan 19, 2016
A little explanation for the *Name*.subDom -100 -> -90 (max: 100) would be nice.
Like +10 Dom,does that mean that you're now better dominate.
or like You'll now dominates.

*cough* i'm not the best in english.
hope you understand what I mean^^

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Do you guys think that it's needed? I certainly do.

Yeah, definitely. FoE's somewhat more mechanically dense than, say, CoC -- would be nice to have some kind of either optional tutorial about that sort of thing, or else an in-game journal entry we could read.

What exactly the stat numbers mean/what all they affect, what my level points do, how many times I have to level up/job EXP up to master abilities, etc. are all kinda arcane. I know they're on the wiki, at least in part, but still. Being in-game and easily referenced would be very nice.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
A little explanation for the *Name*.subDom -100 -> -90 (max: 100) would be nice.
Like +10 Dom,does that mean that you're now better dominate.
or like You'll now dominates.

*cough* i'm not the best in english.
hope you understand what I mean^^

I was mostly talking about providing a detailed explanation for stats that are visible to the player in-game. Things like people's Sub/Dom level or Slut stat (no idea what it's used for, if at all) are hidden if you aren't using Debug mode.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I was mostly talking about providing a detailed explanation for stats that are visible to the player in-game. Things like people's Sub/Dom level or Slut stat (no idea what it's used for, if at all) are hidden if you aren't using Debug mode.

I agree with this, just a basic overview would settle a lot of confusion.