Project Cappuccino - Development Complete!

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
Hey guys, Vanis here. I'm the programmer for Tentakero and I wanted to share with you guys our current game in development. Project Cappuccino.

tumblr_p21mg8jKEY1wssj79o1_1280.png

Some of you may have seen our demo on websites like NewGrounds and GameJolt but we have a downloadable version for you to try that's a lot nicer looking. (You can blow it up full screen ;P)

Download available here!

About the Game

You've landed a job at the Resting Bean Cafe & Inn! Friendly coworkers, great pay, a cute uniform-- It's like a dream come true! However, appearances can sometimes be deceiving...

You quickly discover that the Resting Bean has it's share of secrets. Teamed up with Sophie, you decide to investigate the mysterious happenings in the cafe, but it will prove to be a harder task when your carnal desires seem to distract you at every turn. Just what will you discover?

Game Play

The general story content can be played through in VN fashion, proceeding through chapters. During the work day, you assign tasks to your maids, earning you money which you will then be able to use in our shop system, once it is in place. The shop will allow you to buy new toys to use in NSFW game scenes with the girls.

Screenshots

tumblr_oz99vuZQ2r1uesqo0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oz99vuZQ2r1uesqo0o5_1280.png

tumblr_p1zs049TN61wssj79o1_1280.png

tumblr_oz99vuZQ2r1uesqo0o4_1280.png

Characters

tumblr_p1ym1rR7wK1wssj79o2_1280.png

Sophie moved to the city from a small rural town. Her initial goal was to find a part time job while she studied, however, she fell in love with working at the Resting Bean Cafe and decided to devote full time to her job. She now dreams of owning her own cafe or restaurant one day.
Sophie practiced Jiu-Jitsu back in her hometown and has recently become a black belt. A true social butterfly who loves meeting new people and making new friends.

tumblr_p1ym1rR7wK1wssj79o1_1280.png

The present manager of the Resting Bean Cafe. Mira tends to be secretive about her past. To date, no one has learned much about her. She can be stern at times but seems friendly during most interactions. Some would call her a perfectionist with expensive tastes. Sophie has noticed that she’s rather lazy when it comes to manual work and would prefer to offload her responsibilities on others.

tumblr_p1yllh6hGR1wssj79o1_1280.png

The original owner and manager of the Resting Bean Cafe. She claims that her puppet like appearance is the result of a curse placed on her, however, Colette has been secretive about how it happened and refuses to give any details. Her mannerisms can be cold and distant, making her true feelings difficult to read. From what you can tell, her relationship with Mira is a strained one. What is she hiding?

NSFW ENCOUNTERS

tumblr_p2deq3EgyY1wssj79o1_1280.jpg

The NSFW encounters are toy based and there are 5 stages of arousal. Certain toys will not be able to be used if a girl isn't turned on enough. (This doesn't apply in Free Play Mode).

Some of the toys have a dynamic cut in camera if you use it when it's requested by the girl. Basically giving them what they want.

tumblr_p2dedjwPzy1wssj79o2_1280.jpg

Successfully clearing these encounters will lower a maid's stress level and allow you to earn more money the next work day.

At the moment, there is only 1 room implemented in game, though we have a total of 3 planned, as well as 3 maids.

From here on out we're planning on adding a shop system to put the money that the player earns to good use, as well as the NSFW encounter with Colette. The primary fetish that will be included in this game is BDSM, in a few different ways. There are some others on the drawing board but we haven't decided on them at this point.

Social Media

If you would like to keep up with ongoing development of the game, you can follow us basically anywhere:
http://patreon.com/tentakero

http://twitter.com/tentakero

http://tentakero.tumblr.com

One of our patrons did a playthrough as well. It's long and highlights some of the present bugs but gives you a decent idea of what we've got in store!

We'll be updating this thread periodically with new content that has been added, primarily when a new public build is released.

We appreciate any feedback/questions as we are constantly trying to improve any issues people may come across. Especially bugs!

Thanks! - Vanis

Last edited:

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
No, the download ends at the same point as the new grounds build but looks and runs smoother. We'll likely have a new demo when the shop system and Colette's encounter are in place.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Thanks! We're trying to keep the management aspect of it simple to avoid it becoming more management sim than anything else.

Does the download version go farther than the Newgrounds version?

The management is really simple, and a pretty minor part of the game since most of the time spent playing is pretty typical of a VN.

Good to know, thanks.

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
We've got a look at a new feature that we're working on!

tumblr_p389ktEF7N1wssj79o1_1280.png

We've been messing with the idea of letting the players undress characters before diving into the NSFW scenes. You'd be able to select a piece of clothing and then view the corresponding CG of the character undressing before returning to the scene pictured above. Minus the selected piece of clothing of course. This would continue until the character is completely undressed or may be skipped if the player wishes.

Some more info about what's in the works can be seen here.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/project-progress-16621008

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Reactions: Vanis

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
March's Patron Voted Art Piece has been completed! As with the previous art pieces, this one will also be included in the games gallery section once we get that implemented.

This month's theme was Lucretia the Shopkeeper in Shibari/Rope Bondage & Boobs Pressed against a Window. There was a tie between the top two themes so we went ahead and combined them. Enjoy!

tumblr_p5sxs7DU3w1wssj79o1_1280.png

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Kaiku

Mar 31, 2016
Just started out, so I can't say much, other that it looks fun and promising and has nice art! One thing has been bugging me straight from the beginning though: the rapid dotting sound effects when someone is talking. It's super annoying and instantly drove me nuts. I suppose I can turn off the SFX (which I will), but then I assume there will be other sound effects that I'll miss, so it doesn't seem like an ideal solution.

Also, there should always be a comma before and after addressing someone. "Nice to meet you, Vanis." and "Vanis, can I talk to you for a second?" It's never there in the game.

Anyway, eager to continue!

Edit:
Just finished the available content, so here's some more feedback. I'm pretty intrigued by the story (more than the 'relief' sessions!), so I hope it'll be deep and expansive.

I think it'd be nice if there was some reason to the work schedule instead of complete randomness. For example, it makes sense that there should always be a waitress around and that the barista is manned (so you should always dedicate at least 1 point to each, otherwise take an income penalty as customers can't get served with no one serving them). Then, dirt could stack up, so you should keep up as each day you don't clean, the shop gets a bit dirtier, with penalties and/or criticism at certain levels, or a bonus and compliments for a neat shop. Cleaning also shouldn't earn you money directly, only indirectly through having a neat shop. Etc...

I think it'd make the management aspect of the game a bit more interesting and fun.

Nice game. I've enjoyed what was available.

Last edited:

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
Just started out, so I can't say much, other that it looks fun and promising and has nice art! One thing has been bugging me straight from the beginning though: the rapid dotting sound effects when someone is talking. It's super annoying and instantly drove me nuts. I suppose I can turn off the SFX (which I will), but then I assume there will be other sound effects that I'll miss, so it doesn't seem like an ideal solution.

Also, there should always be a comma before and after addressing someone. "Nice to meet you, Vanis." and "Vanis, can I talk to you for a second?" It's never there in the game.

Anyway, eager to continue!

Edit:
Just finished the available content, so here's some more feedback. I'm pretty intrigued by the story (more than the 'relief' sessions!), so I hope it'll be deep and expansive.

I think it'd be nice if there was some reason to the work schedule instead of complete randomness. For example, it makes sense that there should always be a waitress around and that the barista is manned (so you should always dedicate at least 1 point to each, otherwise take an income penalty as customers can't get served with no one serving them). Then, dirt could stack up, so you should keep up as each day you don't clean, the shop gets a bit dirtier, with penalties and/or criticism at certain levels, or a bonus and compliments for a neat shop. Cleaning also shouldn't earn you money directly, only indirectly through having a neat shop. Etc...

I think it'd make the management aspect of the game a bit more interesting and fun.

Nice game. I've enjoyed what was available.
Thanks for the feed back! I'll be looking into adding an option of disabling only the talk beeps without it affecting all sound effects.

Also, nice catch on the grammar commas, adding those to our to do list as well.

As for the work day system, we're actually planning a large revamp to it where it will actually require you to perform the work day itself, instead of just assigning points. We're thinking of a top down view of the Cafe where you'll basically be assigning a maid to a station, be it Barista, Cleaning or Waitress and their performance will be impacted by the points that were assigned initially. As well as factors such as stress level and what not. The tasks for each station will vary, for example, cleaning will require moving the character to dirty areas, but if their stress is high they wont move as fast. Setting their work pace high however will grant a boost to their movement while increasing the stress gained during that day.

There's a lot still being planned on that feature but it's definitely something on our plate!

Thanks again for the awesome feedback!

Kaiku

Mar 31, 2016
You're welcome!

Those management revamp plans sound great, much better than the small improvements I had in mind. I actually enjoy the entire coffeeshop setting, as it's calm and relaxing - there are enough battling games already. Good luck with development! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
It's been a while since we've dropped by to give some insight on what's going on with Project Cappuccino. We had an intense month during May and implemented the first look into our next room for private encounters with maids. The player's "Apartment".

DfRviA6WsAAKTPg.jpg:large

There are some key mechanic changes that we're testing out in this new room, the main one being the double character function that allows you to pick and choose two maids to bring in at the same time.

The original pleasure meter has also been scrapped and replaced with the Arousal and Orgasm meters, which allow players to earn a new type of currency as well as reach consecutive orgasms. Our sights are now set on adding Cerise to the game and continuing the story.

Full details of what's new can be seen here.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/project-v1-6-0-19180406

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
We’ve outlined our workload for the coming months in an updated Development Road Map!

Check it out here!

Lots of behind the scenes info for those that wish to see what’s in team Tentakero’s development pipeline!

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
We've got a new public build available!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_0LNv17WtFhv79fLT-5m6qMKTpApYd5qCW_Ci5kCx7M/edit?usp=sharing

There are still some kinks being worked out of the gallery and undressing system so they are not present in this build, however, this version features extended story content and Mira in Room 1. Love tokens earned in story mode are retained in your save file so make sure to not delete your appdata! You'll be able to spend these later. We expect to have the gallery and undressing system fully functioning and presentable by the next public release.

Hope you guys enjoy whats new!

savagesix

Nov 18, 2017
>called Project Cappuchino
>no tan girls
F--

I'm just kidding, but this doesn't actually look like my cup of tea. I might give it a go and possibly be surprised though, who knows.

I wish you luck in your game endeavors!

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
>called Project Cappuchino
>no tan girls
F--

I'm just kidding, but this doesn't actually look like my cup of tea. I might give it a go and possibly be surprised though, who knows.

I wish you luck in your game endeavors!
Was the cup of tea line intended as a pun? In any case, thanks for the kind words!

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
Development has reached the final stretch for Project Cappuccino and we’ve put together one last road map that outlines everything left to do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ih57ny_DUH3mGSbjjvXN35vFRZr8Q0v3mi-BfhuhRg/edit?usp=sharing

The Main Menu work mentioned in that Road Map has already been completed! We’ve given the old menu that was with us since the beginning a massive revamp.

We’ll keep this thread updated as we continue to check things off the list!

Vanis

Jan 9, 2018
Project Cappuccino launches on steam November 15th!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1117380/Project_Cappuccino/

Development is practically wrapped up on the game and we're preparing for launch! The full game will be priced at $14.99 but we still have the option to obtain a copy for $5 by pledging to a Patreon tier before October 25th!

https://www.patreon.com/Tentakero

Our support tiers will be changing after that point to focus on what's coming next for Tentakero. It's been an insane journey from start to finish and we're thankful for the awesome community surrounding lewd games!