Problem with new Nova crew scenes

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
This is a whine thread.

I don't get why the new Nova crew scenes can only happen when she's in the ships inventory and not just hanging around in the crew quarters. Seems like it's a relic of old, if there ever was such a time, when there were no plans for Nova to be "part of the roster".

Was the writer of the new scenes aware that only very few players will see their scene because of how gated they are?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Do you have a save file to test with? I'm looking over the code and it looks like she doesn't need to be in storage. Just either in ship storage or in the crew (on the ship, not equipped as armor).

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
I do have a save and testing having Nova as crew - and the Azra event spawned almost immediately. So it is in fact either storage or crew, which makes a whole lot more sense.

What would be a neat addition to Nova would be the option to have her drop off Steele as soon as Steele enters the ship (basically, moving from airlock to interior), and become crew, and conversely flow over Steele when Steele enters the airlock prior to exiting the ship.

Reactions: Phoenix Aureliana

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Also, minor error in the Azra event I just noticed:
"[...] and Nova in particular is acting real serious, [...]" - should be "really"; really is an adverb, real is an adjective, and the word is modifying an adjective so it needs to be an adverb. (thank you School House Rock!)

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Also, minor error in the Azra event I just noticed:
"[...] and Nova in particular is acting real serious, [...]" - should be "really"; really is an adverb, real is an adjective, and the word is modifying an adjective so it needs to be an adverb. (thank you School House Rock!)
Fixed for the next release.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
It's working now for me with the updated backer version.