Pregnancy Stage Parsers

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
I am just making sure that [pregStage] parsers are tiered.
For hypothetical example, if a character (PC) has Pregnancy Stages 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 (not pregnant/pregnant but not showing/visible baby bump/gravid/ and gonna-blow, massively-gravid; respectively),
a sentence like, 'He wraps his arms around your [pc.pregStage 0 2 4|taut|rounded|massively-gravid] stomach.'
will return 'taut' if PC is at PregStage 0 or 1, 'rounded' if they are at 2 or 3, and 'massively-gravid' at 4?

Is this correct?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Your understanding is correct, yeah. Altho when doing belly size for pregnancy specifically there is also the bellyPregRange parser which is technically more accurate as it actually checks how much belly score you're getting from the current pregnancy. There are some pregnancies that give very little belly score even when near full term and some that give a lot of belly score immediately (like large eggnancies) so the pregStage parsers may not reflect this.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Your understanding is correct, yeah. Altho when doing belly size for pregnancy specifically there is also the bellyPregRange parser which is technically more accurate as it actually checks how much belly score you're getting from the current pregnancy. There are some pregnancies that give very little belly score even when near full term and some that give a lot of belly score immediately (like large eggnancies) so the pregStage parsers may not reflect this.
Thank you for the reply. I was curious while reading over a potential submission for Clementine being done by OreoLuma. There's only the [pregStage] parser listed in the parser doc for her (obviously she doesn't have many), so I believe that's what they went with.