Power level of CoC

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
This might sound stupid but I've always wondered how strong characters in CoC are compared to other medias, In my opinion the power level of CoC would be in the God Of War range and would consider my full upgraded (all be it DeBugged) character would be like Kratos you know crushing giants and ogres with their own weapons and the occasional mountain flip.

What're your thoughts on this?

and i'm apologising now if you find this dumb. it's just a random thought that popped up in ma head.

Reactions: Glassboy

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
My thoughts on this is that it's kinda hard to evaluate the CoC's PC's strength, because the PC ends up in another world where laws of physics may be different than in Ingnam.
Add magic to that, and, well...
The PC could have enough muscle strength to lift the planet Earth and you'd never know because everyone else in Mareth is in the same strength range and gravity is stronger and "magic".

But if we assume that the PC starts out at 5 strength at level 1, with the strength of an average untrained human, and then ends up with a strength of 100, we can reasonably assume that their strength was multiplied by 20. So their strength would be 20 times that of a regular human.

Damn. There must be something in the water, lol.

Actually, thinking on it, it would make sense if corruption/demon magic really did augment people's strength and other attributes. Would explain why they painted the sky red and kept polluting the water (other than because they want a bunch of horny slaves)

Reactions: Glassboy

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
if coc took place in the marvel universe he would be city buster at least during end game

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Honestly I don't think God of War would be the best comparison, because Kratos tends to get stronger or weaker depending on Rule of Cool or how plot relevant it is.

I feel like The Legend of Zelda games would be a better comparison. Both Link and the Champion start out as normal villagers with pretty wimpy stats. They both fight through hoards of enemies and go through dungeons. And they both end up in a final showdown with a god-like magic demon, Ganon/Lethice.
Also the Beautiful Sword heavily mirrors the Master Sword, since you get the Beautiful Sword so early and in such a unique way and it's one of the most potentially powerful weapons in game it's worth pointing out

I'd say at their strongest, they could both be considered demigods, they've both taken down entire armies and beaten up dragons, but not without considerable effort. I don't see them destroying a city without more than a bit of exertion.

Though if we're talking about the Champions real strength then their real power is in their ability to transform and adapt. Because tf items affect humans so much more easily than other races they have a huge advantage. Consider the fact that the Champion could have wings to fly, a prehensile tail to trip enemies, powerful hooves to kick with, 12-inch horns to gouge through flesh, natural armour to protect their skin and a pair of venomous fangs. The Champion could adapt their body to deal with potentially any enemy type. Which also means enemies can't prepare in advance for what the Champion will attack with.

Then the Champion can even disguise themselves as anything. So if there was a legion of imps coming to attack them, the Champion could transform themself into an imp, sneak into their camp and then poison the imps' food while they slept.

TL;DR: Basically I think the Champion could beat anyone in a one-on-one fight, once the opponent wasn't ridiculous, anime levels OP, and they could easily wipe an army of well trained fighters. But with their adaptability, unpredictability and potential strategic advantage the Champion becomes much, much stronger.