Power Armor, Weapons and Evasion

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Power Armors tend to have Evasion penalties. Which makes sense. They're big and bulky.
Power Armor Weapons tend to have Evasion penalties. Which makes sense. They're big and bulky.
But they stack. Since that increases damage taken, actually using Power Armor with Power Armor weapons is a bad idea. It's possible to get -25% total right now (200%). More, if you use Weapons with higher penalties that aren't flagged as Power Armor.
You're much better off either using Power Armor and using one or both Weapon slots to counter the penalty or Power Armor Weapons and using your Armor slot to counter the penalties.

I propose having the Power Armor Evasion penalty supersede penalty from Weapons, since the whole point is using the 'Power' part to do the lifting for you.
I don't know how practical that is to code, but I think it would make actually using them in tandem a much more attractive prospect.
It would also make adding more Power Armor Melee Weapons reasonable. Right now, any Melee focused character will have 40+ Physique, rendering the Flag irrelevant.

Also, while Evasion bonuses are capped, penalties are not. By stacking everything, it's possible to get -40% (260% damage). Not there's any reason to.

Last edited: