Potential myr shopkeep NPCs

PepsiMaid

Apr 28, 2023
My boyfriend and I are working on a pair of trans male myr, Mica and Neiva, who have managed to get off-world and are currently selling horny hallucinogens (and a few other drugs) out of their ship, The Spire of the Enlightened, which is basically the spaceship version of a van with a wizard mural painted on it. Mica is a gold myr with a modded dick, G-cup tits, and a back-mounted vagina on his abdomen, and Neiva is a red myr with E-cup tits and a relatively normal pussy. Current plans for a base are to write a few dialogue scenes (introduction, interaction that unlocks the shop, some stuff about their ship/why they're not on Myrellion, etc), two or three sex scenes to account for a variety of genitalia, a couple of short post-sex scenes that swap randomly, and content for the three unique items in their shop. It's a lot of work, but we're really enthusiastic about the idea and already have a good chunk done. That being said, we do see some potential pitfalls and would like to run this past others before we get too much written, just in case. I've listed these below:

1. Between the two of us we've put quite a number of hours into TiTS, but due to recent circumstances we haven't played much recently, so we're just getting back into it. Given that, there are some lore questions about the myr and their ability to leave Myrellion that we'll probably post on the forums (mostly boiling down to "why aren't there any myr off Myrellion"-- if it's illegal, that's a little different than most of them not wanting to leave, or not having the money to get a ship, and we just weren't sure). We have a backstory in mind for them, but it's a little involved so I won't be going into it here.

2. Given that they're red and gold myr shopkeeps, there's a little bit of a concern that they might be too similar to Anarrie and Shiare on Myrellion. There are quite a number of differences, of course-- gender, personalities, backstory, items they sell, tone of the interactions, etc. all come to mind-- but the base component sounds very similar on description.

3. We're not sure how how in-depth the associated codex entries with their unique items should be. Should we come up with backstories for those (such as the development stories listed on the codex pages of some of the other drugs), or should we focus mostly on their effects in the descriptions?

4. We'd like to make Mica and Neiva sexually available only to male PCs (including PCs who are outwardly very feminine but use he/him pronouns, as chosen in the menu). My primary question is, would this cut down too much on the potential audience for them given that male NPCs are already generally less in-demand? Or does them actively selling products help with that? Their sex content is currently entirely conceptual, so having other thoughts on this would be helpful. That being said, we are also fine with having a very niche audience; we understand that not every NPC will be for everyone!

Also, is "myr" capitalized or not? Currently we aren't capitalizing it, but since there's some inconsistency we wanted to ask.

Thank you to anyone who might decide to give their thoughts and feedback, we really appreciate it! We're big fans of the game and of the myr in general (especially since my boyfriend is a hymenopterist), so Mica and Neiva have been really fun and rewarding to write!

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
You had me at "G-cup tits". Best of luck with this, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

As for your questions....

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
myr, Mica and Neiva, who have managed to get off-world
This may warrant some explanations, at least concerning the state of Myrellion. Also, there's already a Mica in the game.

selling horny hallucinogens (and a few other drugs) out of their ship,
What would the effects be like, other than "funky scene+Lust raise"?

We're not sure how how in-depth the associated codex entries with their unique items should be. Should we come up with backstories for those (such as the development stories listed on the codex pages of some of the other drugs), or should we focus mostly on their effects in the descriptions?
Keep things simple.

We'd like to make Mica and Neiva sexually available only to male PCs (including PCs who are outwardly very feminine but use he/him pronouns, as chosen in the menu). My primary question is, would this cut down too much on the potential audience for them given that male NPCs are already generally less in-demand?
It'd certainly keep a lot of Steeles out of their sex game, since players tend to favour female herm Steeles. (And, personally, I have zero interest in Huge Breasted Storekeeper #59867.)

Also, is "myr" capitalized or not?
Species names aren't capitalised.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
First things first, keep in mind that I am a dingus of not insignificant stature, so take what I say with that in mind lol. Anyways.....

Between the two of us we've put quite a number of hours into TiTS, but due to recent circumstances we haven't played much recently, so we're just getting back into it. Given that, there are some lore questions about the myr and their ability to leave Myrellion that we'll probably post on the forums (mostly boiling down to "why aren't there any myr off Myrellion"-- if it's illegal, that's a little different than most of them not wanting to leave, or not having the money to get a ship, and we just weren't sure). We have a backstory in mind for them, but it's a little involved so I won't be going into it here.
Given how tense the situation is, honestly if you ask me it would be a bit of a stretch for them to not only be off world but for them to have their own ship. Iirc, the Myr had only just entered their equivalent of our atomic age, so tech like spaceships would be pretty tough to grasp. And the Rush hasnt been going on for very long, not to mention the tenuous situation on the planet, so I'd imagine it would be pretty hard for any myr to get off world.

Maybe instead make them have a shop on the planet instead, or something, or be related to the black market selling red myr venom. Just a thought though.

Given that they're red and gold myr shopkeeps, there's a little bit of a concern that they might be too similar to Anarrie and Shiare on Myrellion. There are quite a number of differences, of course-- gender, personalities, backstory, items they sell, tone of the interactions, etc. all come to mind-- but the base component sounds very similar on description.
This is a bit of a tough one.... tbh I'm kinda worried this may take away a bit from the significance of Anarrie and Shiare, but I'm certain you'd be able to work something out.

Although one thing I do want to note is that I think the name Neiva is a bit too similar to Nevrie, another character already in game, so you may want to tweak that for the sake of avoiding confusion. Also what Kesil said about Mica.

We're not sure how how in-depth the associated codex entries with their unique items should be. Should we come up with backstories for those (such as the development stories listed on the codex pages of some of the other drugs), or should we focus mostly on their effects in the descriptions?
Honestly writing in depth codex backstories for what they sell may be a bit much, especially if it's stuff exclusive to them. Maybe just stick with the item descriptions, that's more than enough in my book.

We'd like to make Mica and Neiva sexually available only to male PCs (including PCs who are outwardly very feminine but use he/him pronouns, as chosen in the menu). My primary question is, would this cut down too much on the potential audience for them given that male NPCs are already generally less in-demand? Or does them actively selling products help with that? Their sex content is currently entirely conceptual, so having other thoughts on this would be helpful. That being said, we are also fine with having a very niche audience; we understand that not every NPC will be for everyone!
:negativeman:
lol jk.

The main draw I see from Fenco games is that fact that it gives regular shmucks like you and me the opportunity to actually apply our own creativity and such into an active medium. The entire point of these games is "If you want it, make it". Well, or throw money at someone to make it for you, but I digress....

Point is, do what you want to do. Take into consideration what others say if you so desire, that's perfectly fine also, but always keep in mind, this is your project.

Sorry if after what I've said earlier all that sounds contradictory or hypocritical. I just thought that you sounded a bit hesitant in this and wanted to give you a bit of a boost, lol. Hope that's all right.

All that said, personally I'd be a bit bummed that's it's limited to male npcs, buts it's nothing I can't live with, nor anything a little save scumming/editing can't solve, lol.

I couldn't figure out how to fully delete this quote box thing so ignore it pls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kesil and PepsiMaid

PepsiMaid

Apr 28, 2023
This may warrant some explanations, at least concerning the state of Myrellion. Also, there's already a Mica in the game.
Oh, right! I'd completely forgotten about the other Mica, that's my mistake. (The thought process when naming him was basically just Formicidae->Mica, lmao.) Currently re-thinking names; I'm going to call him M in the meantime.
What would the effects be like, other than "funky scene+Lust raise"?
Three unique drugs currently planned.

First, working name Trampgrass, doesn't have the hallucinogenic qualities but rather inflicts 12 hours of -10% reflexes but +40% libido (may decrease), potentially with temporary added lubrication/capacity and/or cum quantity.

Second, working name Sillycybin, induces one of a pool of five short, vivid scenes (similar to some of the dreams), followed by an accompanying status effect that causes a small temporary increase in libido + one other trait, and a decrease in a second trait. These may vary based on scene, but that may be too complex. We're also considering a potential overdose effect that applies a different status effect permanently.

Third, working name Slutties, would be mostly short time-triggered descriptors of tactile hallucinations/visual trails/etc., accompanied by a medium increase to libido and a small flat increase to tease damage.

We tried to make each have potential benefits/drawbacks and effects that were mostly unique, something that would still draw some players even if they weren't interested in our characters. Admittedly, this will be a lot of work and it may need balancing or restructuring as it's a sort of writing/design we're not previously familiar with, but these are the blueprints we have so far.
Keep things simple.
Given how complex the above will be, I'm thinking that you're right here. Codex entries should probably be the last thing on the list for now, and kept short.
It'd certainly keep a lot of Steeles out of their sex game, since players tend to favour female herm Steeles. (And, personally, I have zero interest in Huge Breasted Storekeeper #59867.)
That's true and entirely fair. We'll discuss it amongst ourselves, but like I said, we don't really have a problem with the sex scenes being niche.
Species names aren't capitalised.
Thank you! We figured, as the style doc mentioned that + they're mostly referred to in lowercase, but there were a couple of sources (e.g. the Myrellion wiki page) that used caps.

Really appreciated your commentary!

PepsiMaid

Apr 28, 2023
Given how tense the situation is, honestly if you ask me it would be a bit of a stretch for them to not only be off world but for them to have their own ship. Iirc, the Myr had only just entered their equivalent of our atomic age, so tech like spaceships would be pretty tough to grasp. And the Rush hasnt been going on for very long, not to mention the tenuous situation on the planet, so I'd imagine it would be pretty hard for any myr to get off world.

Maybe instead make them have a shop on the planet instead, or something, or be related to the black market selling red myr venom. Just a thought though.
Yeah, this makes sense. While the backstory we'd worked out had M previously being a pilot hopeful for the golds who had some prior experience flying planes, which we'd hoped would make their deal make a little more sense, we do run back into the problem of ships being expensive (and stealing them being difficult), the situation on the planet being tenuous, and First Contact + the Rush being so relatively recent. Not to mention that biplanes and spaceships are probably, uh. A little different.

On-planet we have a few ideas for where we could place them, those being on the surface in the DMZ, No Myr's Land, and Gildenmere, but all come with some issues. The DMZ presents a problem of potentially more stringent observation (again, considering the tense situation), having a shop in No Myr's Land would likely be incongruous and potentially diminish the impact of Briha and Lys wandering around, and as far as I know there aren't any other red myr actually in Gildenmere, so Neiva's presence might cause problems/create implications.

That being said, there are some advantages with the DMZ and Gildenmere as locations. The DMZ is very much a place two myr who were hoping to leave imminently would live and gives them somewhat more social freedom; on the other hand, Gildenmere proper might solve the problem with being too similar to Anarrie and Shiare by showing the same base red myr/gold myr couple in a very different situation/atmosphere, plus adding an air of tension that could be really interesting.

The wizard mural is non-negotiable, though.
Although one thing I do want to note is that I think the name Neiva is a bit too similar to Nevrie, another character already in game, so you may want to tweak that for the sake of avoiding confusion. Also what Kesil said about Mica.
Yeah, I see what you mean, especially if the player is reading fast/if we put them in the DMZ, where Nevrie also is. We'll talk about it.
The main draw I see from Fenco games is that fact that it gives regular shmucks like you and me the opportunity to actually apply our own creativity and such into an active medium. The entire point of these games is "If you want it, make it". Well, or throw money at someone to make it for you, but I digress....

Point is, do what you want to do. Take into consideration what others say if you so desire, that's perfectly fine also, but always keep in mind, this is your project.

Sorry if after what I've said earlier all that sounds contradictory. I just thought that you sounded a bit hesitant in this and wanted to give you a bit of a boost, lol. Hope that's all right.
It didn't sound contradictory. This is very much a passion project for us and it's always a little nerve-wracking presenting those for strangers, hence how nervous I now realize I sounded. Your encouragement is appreciated!
All that said, personally I'd be a bit bummed that's it's limited to male npcs, buts it's nothing I can't live with, nor anything a little save scumming/editing can't solve, lol.
This is very true. Plus, since pronoun/gender choice would ideally take preference over femininity score in the determination, it might theoretically be possible for the PC to just... switch pronouns and get down to business? (Also, because this is related and I think I'd like to elaborate a little more; what I personally want out of these characters would be more along the line of "option to flirt is greyed out/unavailable if conditions aren't met", rather than "option to flirt is available, but the PC is rejected", because while the second one might be a more "realistic" interaction, it also would feel too much like a bait-and-switch for my tastes.)

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an in-depth reply!

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
On-planet we have a few ideas for where we could place them, those being on the surface in the DMZ, No Myr's Land, and Gildenmere, but all come with some issues. The DMZ presents a problem of potentially more stringent observation (again, considering the tense situation), having a shop in No Myr's Land would likely be incongruous and potentially diminish the impact of Briha and Lys wandering around, and as far as I know there aren't any other red myr actually in Gildenmere, so Neiva's presence might cause problems/create implications.

That being said, there are some advantages with the DMZ and Gildenmere as locations. The DMZ is very much a place two myr who were hoping to leave imminently would live and gives them somewhat more social freedom; on the other hand, Gildenmere proper might solve the problem with being too similar to Anarrie and Shiare by showing the same base red myr/gold myr couple in a very different situation/atmosphere, plus adding an air of tension that could be really interesting
Honestly, if you're that concerned about keeping along with the established lines already set, I'd probably just hit up the head honchos themselves and get the word from the horses mouth. I'm sure they won't bite too hard lol.

it might theoretically be possible for the PC to just... switch pronouns and get down to business?
I'm not sure it works like that actually, at least not for the most part, though you could probably just ask them to make it so when they code it.... I know there's a cheat option that's meant to remove NPC preferences but I don't think it actually works....

Last edited:

TheShepard256

Plus, since pronoun/gender choice would ideally take preference over femininity score in the determination, it might theoretically be possible for the PC to just... switch pronouns and get down to business?
This is incredibly possible; coding-wise, all it needs is a simple pc.mf("m","f") = "m" check, as the mf() parser respects gender preference by default. Though in the 'disabled' tooltip, you might want to specify that it's male pronouns specifically that are required to access their sex scenes, to avoid any potential confusion (since different people can mean different things when they say "male", saying "you're not male/masculine enough for this" might lead some people to think it's their gender appearance and/or genitals that are locking them out, rather than their pronouns).

PepsiMaid

Apr 28, 2023
This is incredibly possible; coding-wise, all it needs is a simple pc.mf("m","f") = "m" check, as the mf() parser respects gender preference by default. Though in the 'disabled' tooltip, you might want to specify that it's male pronouns specifically that are required to access their sex scenes, to avoid any potential confusion (since different people can mean different things when they say "male", saying "you're not male/masculine enough for this" might lead some people to think it's their gender appearance and/or genitals that are locking them out, rather than their pronouns).
Oh, it's good to know that this would be pretty easy to implement! Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure that the wording is clear.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ok i just double checked, there is no longer a cheat that removes character sexytime preferences anymore. at least none i could find. not a huge loss tbh, cuz like i said earlier im pretty sure that shit didnt work.