Possibly something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steely

Aug 27, 2015
With the unfortunate loss of the original site and the team scrambling to get things back up I would imagine there are issues and I believe I found one. I remade my CoC characters (Silly Ccleaner) after they where removed. Today I got back on and they where gone again, so at first I thought "Well maybe I didn't save or left Ccleaner on or something like that." So  Imade sure Ccleaner was off and used the save editor and make them again...Now here is where the issue is. After I made the first one I went to make sure it was all set up...There where no files in the save games. I tried making the character normally up to the point where you can start exploring and tried to open it up, but the save editor said it was still the same character I made before and wouldn't let me override the character. 

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I figured I should explain the issue in detail incase someone can spot the error if it is on my end. Hope it is just a hiccup and things get going again.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
If you play online, or use the offline version through a browser instead of the stand-alone player, it may be because your browser settings are set to clear history etc after every session. One of the options is to clear the cache, which would delete your saves. Sometimes your browser will do this even if your settings say otherwise.

Could also be you misplacing the save.

Online location: "computer name"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/"random numbers"/fenoxo.com

Offline location: "computer name"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/"same random numbers"/local host

Assuming Windows: hit the windows button + R. Type %appdata% and ok. In the search bar, type .sol and see if your saves pop up and where it is.

Worth noting that when trying to find the location of the online saves, I noticed two entries for fenoxo's site: fenoxo.com and www.fenoxo.com. The former is the current location. Perhaps the url changed slightly, and now the game is looking in a different location for the saves?

Steely

Aug 27, 2015
I think its becuase my old saves where on the old cite and the editor is useing the old url as well. I can change where it saves by using those same methods yes? If not then I can save it to file and upload it that way.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I don't have access to the CoC editor so I don't know anything about it, but if it can choose its save destination, make it the folder I mentioned.

Did you try searching for .sol in appdata like I said? Did you find your saves? If you did, drop them in the specified folder. If you have any CoC_#.sol save file; whether from saving normally or via the editor, drop it in the folder.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
The website snafu changed nothing in regard to the online Flash paths.  They're based on the plugin API used by the browser and the host serving the SWF.  If you're using the same browser and version, then the plugin API will not have changed.  As I post this, the host from which the SWFs are being served has not changed (the link on the Play page is "www.fenoxo.com/play/…" as is was pre-snafu; if it was simply "fenoxo.com/play/…" for a while post-snafu, that would explain why CoC couldn't find its saves).

Regardless, if CoCEd wasn't enumerating them, then they're probably gone.  CoCEd keeps backups around for occurrences like this, however, if you've been screwing around trying to recreate characters, then you may have overwritten all of the backups (c'est la vie).

Beyond that, while, currently, most browsers store their app data cache under %AppData%, not all do.  In particular, Chrome (which uses PPAPI) stores its app data cache under %LocalAppData% instead.  For example:

Code:
// NPAPI paths (all NPAPI browsers; e.g. Firefox, IE, Edge, Opera<24, probably Safari)
%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{flash_profile}\{suffix}
Code:
// PPAPI path for Opera≥24
%AppData%\Opera Software\{app_profile}\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\{flash_profile}\{suffix}
Code:
// PPAPI path for Chrome
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\{app_profile}\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\{flash_profile}\{suffix}

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.