PlayStation Vita

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Hey!

Do any of you guys own a Vita? I have this 3ds I never use and I'm thinking of selling it and getting a vita instead since Sony has sexy games like Monster Monpiece.

Any other good games I should know about?

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Are portable games even worth it these days?

I never really see anything that is portable exclusive anymore that warrants getting a whole new handheld console.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I don't have room for a console setup, I don't like bringing my laptop with me to bed and I very much dislike mobile games so for me handheld game consoles are pretty great. Plus whenever I play on PC I get easily distracted because it's so easy to multitask. Lying snug in bed with a handheld helps me focus on and enjoy the game. 

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I have a Vita. Not sure what genre your into so I don't no fully what to recommend.

I do recommend Persona 4 Golden though. An excellent game that's a mix of RPG and Social Sim. My avatar here (Mara- a demon from Buddhist myth) is a summon from that game. The Game gets high reviews as well.

For old school games, you could get Ratchet & Clank or Jak and Daxter as well.

There's a whole heap of games you could get.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Oh yeah! I remember reading about persona 4 and I really wanted to give it a try. I'll have to check that out then. Thanks!

Does the Vita have like an online store or anything? Or is it all physical copies?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Does the Vita have like an online store or anything? Or is it all physical copies?
It does have the PlayStation Store, which has many games. I got Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment and AC Liberation this way. Some games, particularly from Japan or PSP/PS1 games, can only be obtained this way.

You would need a Vita memory to store the data on though. Pretty sure one comes with the Vita, but you would need to purchase more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
The Vita has some good games, I wont go on about P4 since its already mentioned, but its not that hard to find a physical copy of, there is Disgaea 4 a promise revisited, its D4 with all the DLC, theres Demon gaze that's pretty good, Wipeout 2048 is a lot of fun, Valhalla knights is alright. You can get all 3 Hyperdemision games with some new tidbits. PSP games as well as PS1 games can be played on the Vita and I know PS3 and PSVita have cross buy in the PS1 store, as well as a Minecraft (But it on one you can get the other free.)

I wanna get SAO:HF but I don't have the memory space, its all taken by Borderlands 2 (I got the first shipments of the new slims that came with Borderlands 2), What is that like, Number13?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I wanna get SAO:HF but I don't have the memory space, its all taken by Borderlands 2 (I got the first shipments of the new slims that came with Borderlands 2), What is that like, Number13?
Pretty big. It's set in an alternate story which a glitch prevents people from being logged out after Kirito beats Kayaba. It goes from floor 76-100. There is also the Hollow section, which has it's own storyline and much stronger opponents and items. You start the game in this section.

Also have Uncharted, Golden Abyss, the Jak trilogy and the first Persona game.

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Pretty big. It's set in an alternate story which a glitch prevents people from being logged out after Kirito beats Kayaba. It goes from floor 76-100. There is also the Hollow section, which has it's own storyline and much stronger opponents and items. You start the game in this section.

Also have Uncharted, Golden Abyss, the Jak trilogy and the first Persona game.
I ment how does it play, what are some of the features? Custom character or pre-set?

I have Jak 1-3 on PS2 as well as the HD tril on PS3, Platnuimed the first game, still need to do so with 2 and 3.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I ment how does it play, what are some of the features? Custom character or pre-set?

You play Kirito, but can customise his look. You can also equip him with different weapons if you aren't interested in Dual blades. The more proficient with certain weapons the more skills you unlock with it.

While you only play Kirito, you can have teammates to support you (e.g. Klein, Asuna, Leafa, etc).

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
You play Kirito, but can customise his look. You can also equip him with different weapons if you aren't interested in Dual blades. The more proficient with certain weapons the more skills you unlock with it.

While you only play Kirito, you can have teammates to support you (e.g. Klein, Asuna, Leafa, etc).

Ok, whats the combat comparable to? we talking Hack and slash, TBC, Dynasty warriors style HnS.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Aaah, I want all those games! The device itself isn't super expensive, but then I looked at the cost of extra storage, as well as the games and I'm pretty disheartened :( I don't like spending that much money >.< And there doesn't seem to be a cheeky way of getting games either *shifty eyes*

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The storage is the biggest problem imo. Sony sticks are expensive as hell and one is never enough. =/

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
The storage is the biggest problem imo. Sony sticks are expensive as hell and one is never enough. =/

Yeah, I need to get a bigger one myself. I might seek used one, easre all the game data on it, transfer my old to my PS3 then to new Stick.

I was pissed when I saw SAO getting a PS4 make, but not a PS3 one. Also a shame you can make your own char and it play more like an ORPG, or the HACK games. Fucking hack games rocked.