Playing this game as a cisgender hetero man is difficult...

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Personally, I am amused whenever I find a new character, smutty scenes are triggered and the text claims that the character is the best fuck Steele ever had.

Steele's standards are so low, they could have sex with a deflated blow-up doll and it'd still be the best sex they ever had.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
The obvious solution here would've been to enforce a standard of writing in which any character's content, no matter the author, is written in a way that does not assume any attraction on the PC's side until the player actively does something that shows their interest.
If it's so obvious, where's your smut RPG? Oh that's right, you haven't made one because you're lazy and would rather impose your limited standards on games built by others.

Of course that ship has sailed long ago but I'm sure a lot of players would've appreciated to not be constantly told that the character they're playing is into things they just don't find appealing at all.
Yep. That ship sailed right the hell out of port and anyone that paid attention when they bought their ticket knows they're on a "See-All, Fuck-All" cruise and if you don't like it, feel free to stay all the way off the ship captain's back about "weird" sexual content.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Its fascinating. Its rare that I can have societal expectations of gender so strongly personified. Sorry OP, I don't want to come off as a dickhead, or cunthead... Whatever.

My snappy response would be, you have been surrounded by what CIS Het manly man is supposed to be, so much so that it may feel weird having any deviations from "it". Even though the societal expectations are weird.

For example:

I read many questions in the form of: "How do two women have sex. (I even googled it myself in my teenage years.) Why? Because:" sex is when a penis gets pushed into a hole. The one who has the penis is the man, the one who has the hole is the woman.

Two Men can have sex, because a man also has a hole. But then he is the woman. But, women only have two holes. They must need a strap on..."

Why is sex defined as something penetrating something else? Why? Its dumb, but it is the main focus when anybody in the "CIS Community" is talking about sex.

YOU CAN HAVE GAY SEX WITH A MAN WITHOUT ANAL, JUDY!

And the opposite is also true, a CIS man cannot like being anally penetrated. Anal penetration is "gay". Its dumb, hurtful to both gay and hetero people, and polices any sexual activity that may make your life more enjoyable.

I hope that you cherrish the little gem of weirdness that you found. That you come back to it, when you are ready to explore creative ways to have sex in your fantasy. And maybe, have a more fun and fulfilling love life as well.

I wish you all the best, random person on the internet.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Its fascinating. Its rare that I can have societal expectations of gender so strongly personified. Sorry OP, I don't want to come off as a dickhead, or cunthead... Whatever.

My snappy response would be, you have been surrounded by what CIS Het manly man is supposed to be, so much so that it may feel weird having any deviations from "it". Even though the societal expectations are weird.

For example:

I read many questions in the form of: "How do two women have sex. (I even googled it myself in my teenage years.) Why? Because:" sex is when a penis gets pushed into a hole. The one who has the penis is the man, the one who has the hole is the woman.

Two Men can have sex, because a man also has a hole. But then he is the woman. But, women only have two holes. They must need a strap on..."

Why is sex defined as something penetrating something else? Why? Its dumb, but it is the main focus when anybody in the "CIS Community" is talking about sex.

YOU CAN BE A GAY MAN WITHOUT HAVING HAD ANAL, JUDY!

And the opposite is also true, a CIS man cannot like being anally penetrated. Anal penetration is "gay". Its dumb, hurtful to both gay and hetero people, and polices any sexual activity that may make your life more enjoyable.

I hope that you cherrish the little gem of weirdness that you found. That you come back to it, when you are ready to explore creative ways to have sex in your fantasy. And maybe, have a more fun and fulfilling love life as well.

Dunno why you have to keep fully capitalizing 'cis'. What purpose does it bring to draw ones eyes to it?
Also this whole post is just, what?

Lone Wolf115

For example:

YOU CAN BE A GAY MAN WITHOUT HAVING HAD ANAL, JUDY!

I was left confused. I will reread it and hope for clarification.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I find this statement wholly offensive and demonstrably false. I consider a handjob as "sex".

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Dunno why you have to keep fully capitalizing 'cis'. What purpose does it bring to draw ones eyes to it?
No, its just that its not a word I use during everyday writing, and don't know the conventions about it.

Maybe I am rambling, but the idea is that the OP's idea about heterosexuality are pretty much what the americanized, protestant definition of it would be. With all the problems that brings. I do not want to blame the OP in any way. These are the ideas of the society, represented IMO very purely.

Similar to how I picked up pretty racist ideas without question, because they were the norm. It was weird for me to question the name of the sweets I like. And how I indirectly benefited from a racist structure.

We live in a world where american media still dominates. Media, for which the puritans have defined what is appropriate for children, what sexuality is and how it is allowed to be presented. I tried (badly, probably) to hint at that. The OP's post shows how pervasive this norm is. And again, not the fault of the OP.

Why is 'How do two women have sex' even a question? Why is it called gay sex now, when the hetero people have been the weird ones for centuries.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
No, its just that its not a word I use during everyday writing, and don't know the conventions about it.

Maybe I am rambling, but the idea is that the OP's idea about heterosexuality are pretty much what the americanized, protestant definition of it would be. With all the problems that brings. I do not want to blame the OP in any way. These are the ideas of the society, represented IMO very purely.

Similar to how I picked up pretty racist ideas without question, because they were the norm. It was weird for me to question the name of the sweets I like. And how I indirectly benefited from a racist structure.

We live in a world where american media still dominates. Media, for which the puritans have defined what is appropriate for children, what sexuality is and how it is allowed to be presented. I tried (badly, probably) to hint at that. The OP's post shows how pervasive this norm is. And again, not the fault of the OP.

Why is 'How do two women have sex' even a question? Why is it called gay sex now, when the hetero people have been the weird ones for centuries.
Sir/Ma'am this is a Wendys.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
@Aelana I guess what you're trying to say is that the expectations that society/culture put on one's sexual preferences are both unrealistic and stupid ? (for example, people assuming that if a guy likes having butt stuff done to him he must be gay)
If that's it, boy do I agree !
But I think people are confused because of the way you put it ? This is a casual discussion, not an academic debate.

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
Nah. I just have preferences, and thought that roleplaying was a priority in the game.

I don't care that content I do not like exists in this game.

For example:

YOU CAN HAVE GAY SEX WITH A MAN WITHOUT ANAL, JUDY!

Where is this coming from? Like where in this entire thread does this statement point to?
Is this projecting?

Reactions: JinRonin

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Nah. I just have preferences, and thought that roleplaying was a priority in the game.
The game is not based around your roleplay though. It has a story that is "likely" predetermined and has a predetermined "character" and you're technically following along. You can do things WITH that character and take different paths and stuff. But for the gazillionth time. Steele is not YOUR character and will never always do/act the way you want them to in each and every damn scene.

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
The game is not based around your roleplay though. It has a story that is "likely" predetermined and has a predetermined "character" and you're technically following along. You can do things WITH that character and take different paths and stuff. But for the gazillionth time. Steele is not YOUR character and will never always do/act the way you want them to in each and every damn scene.
Hence the word "thought" past-tense.
You're right that this thread's on a loop, but I'm not the one bringing it back, and my statements in response have always shown what I thought previously, not how I feel at the moment.

Lone Wolf115