PLAN B

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
It's mentioned here that Oma can not kill and can not make life, including having a child. That falls into the category of wishes she can not grant. Though, I'm not sure about the returning Cait's sister part. That said, this post includes the Champ asking Cait what she'd wish for, which you can do for the companions, and she says she'd wish for Calla to return.
Oh neat, I completely missed that post. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see if we can actually grant companion wishes then.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I'm sure this is something you've already thought about/are thinking of, but my curiosity is compelling me to ask anyway.

How is Oma going to address the really obvious questions with regards to just resolving all the conflict in the plot herself, i.e. wishing that Kasyrra, Tollus, or all the wraiths would die, or just wishing Cait's sister would be returned to her immediately?

Also less important, but since I'm assuming Oma isn't going to have any pregnancy content, what would happen if you wished you could impregnate Oma?
As Tide Hunter said, Oma 'cannot infringe her will upon another person's sovereignty,' meaning she can't make someone do something. She is bound by the rules of the lamp to distinctly not be able to do anything to anyone, and that includes everything from killing someone to moving them from one location to another.

This limitation is why you can't simply wish for Calla to be back: Oma says that Calla being 'in a different dimension' is too broad a definition and it could take her an eternity to find which dimension she's in, and even if she did find her, she'd be unable to move Calla back because of the previous rule.

For the pregnancy thing: Oma technically could make a baby, and go through the whole gestation process and everything - but the baby would be an extension of herself rather than a living creature with its own soul. She mentions in Quinn's wish that wishing for a family with Oma is asking for heartbreak, because none of it would be real: Oma's love for her 'husband' would be compelled by the desires of whoever possesses the lamp rather than a real, organic thing between two adults. Likewise, any kids you have with her wouldn't be real, either.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
As Tide Hunter said, Oma 'cannot infringe her will upon another person's sovereignty,' meaning she can't make someone do something. She is bound by the rules of the lamp to distinctly not be able to do anything to anyone, and that includes everything from killing someone to moving them from one location to another.

This limitation is why you can't simply wish for Calla to be back: Oma says that Calla being 'in a different dimension' is too broad a definition and it could take her an eternity to find which dimension she's in, and even if she did find her, she'd be unable to move Calla back because of the previous rule.

For the pregnancy thing: Oma technically could make a baby, and go through the whole gestation process and everything - but the baby would be an extension of herself rather than a living creature with its own soul. She mentions in Quinn's wish that wishing for a family with Oma is asking for heartbreak, because none of it would be real: Oma's love for her 'husband' would be compelled by the desires of whoever possesses the lamp rather than a real, organic thing between two adults. Likewise, any kids you have with her wouldn't be real, either.
When you introduce a wish granting character into a story you always run the risk of said character either being too powerful or so limited that they're useless, but it's cool to see that you've apparently hit a good balance with Oma. Most of the wishes do seem to be pretty useful, and the rules make enough sense that I can't see people really complaining about Oma not being able to magically solve everything. I'll look forward to seeing her complete and in-game, whenever that is.

Just for fun, what would happen if we made some sort of wacky bullshit wish like "I wish an active volcano appeared beneath the cultist base."

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'm going to guess that since that would definitely result in death, it would fall firmly under the 'no interfering with individual sovereignty' thing.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
I'm going to guess that since that would definitely result in death, it would fall firmly under the 'no interfering with individual sovereignty' thing.
Yeah, but in this instance she wouldn't be messing with individual sovereignty, she'd be messing with the ground. Maybe I don't want to kill the cultists, maybe I just think volcanoes are neat and their base just so happens to be the ideal spot for one.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I still have a bad cough but I'm feeling much better, so I updated Oma with 1,000 words! This does the 'bad' wish for if you wish for more inventory space.

I've been hung up on the wishes for most of the year; once I write this 'good' wish, they'll finally be done!
(With the exception of wishing for her freedom and wishing for sex, but I'm looking forward to those, while the rest was all just busywork)
Having a pack to keep all of your adventuring gear in is an absolute necessity for your survival. It carries everything from food, to temporary shelters, to survival gear[pc.hasLyric|, and even living creatures]. You’d have been dead a few times over without your pack by now… which only serves to remind you of how limited it can be sometimes. There are times when you wish you had more space for more items.

You’ve already convinced yourself, given how naturally you just thought of the word ‘wish’ for your inventory space. You ask Oma if it’d be possible to somehow grant you more space in your pack; if it’d be possible to store more things with you while you travel.

“You could simply obtain a larger pack,” Oma offers humorlessly.

Sure, you could – but that’s not what you asked.

“Manipulating the space within your pack to grant you more space than it can outwardly carry is within my power, yes.”

Is there a limit? Can she only, say, double the ‘space’ within your pack?

“There is no limit, no.”

… Wow.
“Your wish has been granted to your exact specifications,” Oma explains. “Within that pocket is an infinite amount of space. Adding anything to it will not increase the weight of the pack. Your stone is in there, {wishes remaining|[pc.master]|[pc.master]|[pc.name]} – you simply need to find it.”

How are you supposed to do that? It’s <b>infinite!</b>

“Perhaps you should have specified,” Oma answers, her nostrils flaring.

Perfect. What you have isn’t infinite storage space in your pack; what you have is an ordinary pack, but one of its pockets is an endless, infinite, yawning void of nothing.

… Maybe you should sew that pocket shut.

grimpich

Sep 17, 2022
So a liberated Oma will grant you the rest of your wishes without any kind of kink?

The champion desires overwhelming power or superior knowledge.

If Oma is not released she will give you a lot of data, garbage anecdotes if you choose wisdom and if you choose strength she will transmit a disease that will last a week debuff arguing 'What does not kill you will make you stronger'

If Oma is set free released it gives you an extra point in the strength or cunning stats depending on what you chose, it would be a method to compensate not being able to reach maximum strength or cunning unlike the other attributes that can be done through start character creation.

Lyric max thic Booba I see it as impossible, I think that making corporeal changes to others would go against the rules but what if the person in question wants it?

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
So a liberated Oma will grant you the rest of your wishes without any kind of kink?

The champion desires overwhelming power or superior knowledge.

If Oma is not released she will give you a lot of data, garbage anecdotes if you choose wisdom and if you choose strength she will transmit a disease that will last a week debuff arguing 'What does not kill you will make you stronger'

If Oma is set free released it gives you an extra point in the strength or cunning stats depending on what you chose, it would be a method to compensate not being able to reach maximum strength or cunning unlike the other attributes that can be done through start character creation.

Lyric max thic Booba I see it as impossible, I think that making corporeal changes to others would go against the rules but what if the person in question wants it?
Yes, wishing for Oma's freedom first will grant you your wishes without any strings attached. Doing otherwise will punish your hubris with every wish.

Wishing for stat increases was hard 'no'd by Savin during the pitch. Coming up with wishes that we could give the player, which were all strong but not overpowered, was a bit challenging!

Oma cannot make any changes to anyone, regardless of whether or not they want it. She 'cannot infringe on a person's sovereignty;' there is no clause about whether or not a person wants it, she just straight-up can't do it. She can, however, do whatever you ask to herself, if she likes you, which was meant to be the appeal for her sex scenes: she can be anything the writer wants.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
That too, but I feel it depends on the characters in question.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Oma with 1,200 words! This finishes the good wish for having more inventory space. The only wish left to write is her freedom - I'm looking forward to being done with this segment of her content!
In that case, you make it official: <b>you wish for double the amount of space within your pack, and for your pack to not gain any additional weight when you place things in it.</b>

Oma’s eyes blink, and her irises go from slate silver to a radiant rainbow of colors. She snaps her fingers on her free hand, itself glowing a pale blue from her fingers to her wrist, before everything settles back down and her body returns to the way it was.

“Your wish has been granted.”

You set down your pack. Sure enough, it doesn’t look any different, nor does it weigh any more than it just did. When you open up its main pocket, though, you see that its inner lining doesn’t match with its outer lining: the space within the pack has been increased, the dimensions of the interior being mismatched with the exterior.[pc.hasLyric|

Inside your pack is a <b>very</b> surprised kobold, laying flat on [lyric.hisHer] back now that there’s so much space inside. “What just happened?” [lyric.heShe] asks in bewilderment.

You tell it to [lyric.himHer] honestly: you wished for a genie to make the inside of your pack bigger so that–

“So that I could have more living space?!” [lyric.heShe] interrupts, [lyric.hisHer] eyes wide with joy.

… Yep. [lyric.HeShe]’s got it.

Lyric sits up, [lyric.hisHer] hands reaching up through the mouth of the pack, and [lyric.heShe] gently grips onto your cheeks. Pulling [lyric.himHer]self to [lyric.hisHer] knees, [lyric.heShe] closes the gap between you two and leans in, kissing you on the mouth. It’s a quick peck, but the appreciation is apparent.

“You’re the best,” [lyric.heShe] says, nuzzling [lyric.hisHer] nose against yours, before settling back down into the pack’s main pocket, appreciating just how much roomier it is in there.]

grimpich

Sep 17, 2022
When Oma is released, is there a possibility that one of the wishes will be to ask for a weapon? there is no need to create a new one there are many existing weapons in the game that are not accessible to the player.

And if it is possible that it is not a sword, almost all elemental weapons are two-handed swords, something for dual wield or more variety of axes and spears would be nice.

For example
Ancient-Hewer or Nightfang: Moreeee axess
Gittern: for charmers
Royal Greatspear or Silver cestus: Punch ghosts

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Oma with 1,000 words! This update gets started on wishing for Oma's freedom. There are lots of variables for if you're bimbo; if you're corrupted; if you have any points in Cunning (which is a very low bar); and if you have any wishes remaining. The goal is, if you're Bimbo, you stumble your words into wishing for her freedom without burning any remaining wishes; if you're not and you have basically any points in Cunning, you phrase it more deliberately. You only fail if you're playing a very low Cunning not-Bimbo PC.
[pc.isBimbo|Okay, but, like… {more than one wish remaining|you still have {three|two} wishes left, and you still want to use them. Seeing Oma wrapped up in those golden chains is a kinky accessory and all, but she’s clearly not into it, and if one of you isn’t into it, then it’s not a kink; it’s torture.

Which can <b>also</b> be kinky, but – wait, no, you’re trying to focus on something else, here.

Like, but there’s gotta be a way, though, right? You <b>could</b> just make {two wishes|one more wish}, and then use your last one on her freedom, but, like, can’t you do it now? You have a hard time focusing and remembering stuff sometimes. Couldn’t you say something like, <b>‘Oma, I wish for your freedom, but only after you grant my {next two wishes|last wish},’</b> or something?|you’ve used two of your three wishes, so… you <b>could</b> use your last wish on something else, but seeing Oma wrapped up in those golden chains makes you think that maybe she’d enjoy it if she didn’t have to. Personally, you’d be pretty okay with wearing them – they’re so pretty, they’re solid gold! And you could get into the whole master/slave thing, if whoever held the lamp asked nicely – but you can tell when someone isn’t okay with a kink, and Oma is <b>not</b> okay with this kink.

Um… you have just about everything that you could want. At least, off the top of your head. Something is going to come up later and you’re going to want a thing and you’re going to wish Oma was here – oh, but then, if Oma <b>was</b> there, then wishing for her to <b>be</b> there would be a waste of a wish, wouldn’t it?

Wait, you’ve gotten yourself all tangled up. It’s better to skip straight to the end: <b>you wish for Oma to be free!</b>}

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
When Oma is released, is there a possibility that one of the wishes will be to ask for a weapon? there is no need to create a new one there are many existing weapons in the game that are not accessible to the player.

And if it is possible that it is not a sword, almost all elemental weapons are two-handed swords, something for dual wield or more variety of axes and spears would be nice.

For example
Ancient-Hewer or Nightfang: Moreeee axess
Gittern: for charmers
Royal Greatspear or Silver cestus: Punch ghosts
The plan was for Oma to be the weapon: if you wish for her freedom, she'd hang around you as a pair of earrings that you could tap at any time to speak with her, and you could also equip her as a weapon in combat. Her rules would still apply: she can't directly harm someone, but if she happens to transform into a sword, and you happen to swing her, and she happens to hit somebody, then that's hardly her fault.

That said, I was thinking of changing this to something else. We already have tons of unique weapons; maybe something more defensive, like a shield or a cape, would be better.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
The plan was for Oma to be the weapon: if you wish for her freedom, she'd hang around you as a pair of earrings that you could tap at any time to speak with her, and you could also equip her as a weapon in combat. Her rules would still apply: she can't directly harm someone, but if she happens to transform into a sword, and you happen to swing her, and she happens to hit somebody, then that's hardly her fault.

That said, I was thinking of changing this to something else. We already have tons of unique weapons; maybe something more defensive, like a shield or a cape, would be better.
Maybe gauntlets or something? There's a major dearth of unique options in the hands slot. There's so many options for the cape slot it's already hard to choose (and with how fucking sweet the story behind the cloak of the deeps is, I have a hard time seeing myself ever dropping it). Necklace would also be a fantastic option, there's quite a few unique options on the neck slot, but for tanky characters they're kinda pushed into non-uniques like the fluffy scarf, so it would be cool to have a new option there. Other than that, the only slot lacking interesting options I can think of is the feet, and a girl turning into footwear feels... weird unless you're going for a very specific vibe lmao.

Reactions: sumdude3456

grimpich

Sep 17, 2022
Maybe gauntlets or something? There's a major dearth of unique options in the hands slot. There's so many options for the cape slot it's already hard to choose (and with how fucking sweet the story behind the cloak of the deeps is, I have a hard time seeing myself ever dropping it). Necklace would also be a fantastic option, there's quite a few unique options on the neck slot, but for tanky characters they're kinda pushed into non-uniques like the fluffy scarf, so it would be cool to have a new option there. Other than that, the only slot lacking interesting options I can think of is the feet, and a girl turning into footwear feels... weird unless you're going for a very specific vibe lmao.
The least options you have in the game are the footwear of the feet, perhaps a good interaction in the silly mode.

Oma: Use me whenever you want champion

Champion: Oh great.... another one with podophilia... (Orgasmic noises when walking with Oma turned into shoes)

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Gauntlets won't work; you have to consider the generic attack text when writing weapons, and "you unsheath your gauntlets" and "you swing your gauntlets at the enemy" doesn't invoke the imagery they're set up for. This is why being totally unarmed gives you a rusty knife instead of your fists.

Everything else is worth considering, though.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Gauntlets won't work; you have to consider the generic attack text when writing weapons, and "you unsheath your gauntlets" and "you swing your gauntlets at the enemy" doesn't invoke the imagery they're set up for. This is why being totally unarmed gives you a rusty knife instead of your fists.

Everything else is worth considering, though.
I didn't necessarily mean gauntlets as weapons - they could for example buff your weapons and attacks, or something. Just a potential slot she could be in, since the hands slot is fairly lacking. Also, the fisting jokes it opens up...

Ireyon

May 14, 2018

May I suggest a necklace?

The only really interesting (and let's be frank, useful) one is the Amulet or Transference/Union, which you lose if you want Kiyoyko to be free. We already have quite the collection of unique equipment for every other slot (even belts, Jesus) but necklaces are rather rare honestly.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
to be honest, I would kill for a one-handed magic damage weapon, I do not build my physical stats please don't make me useless while my magic is in cooldown

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Sentient cape that boosts evasion by literally moving you out of the way of attacks, and billows theatrically on command.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
to be honest, I would kill for a one-handed magic damage weapon, I do not build my physical stats please don't make me useless while my magic is in cooldown
What, you mean things like the Divine Blossom, Fire Wand, Metal Wand, and Seasonal Rhapsody? They're all one-handed weapons that deal magical damage. Unfortunately, as weapons, they scale based off of attack power, and given that, I doubt we'll get any other weapon that does magic damage and scales off of spellpower instead.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Oma could be mage armor, some people want a alternative spellpower armor to the nun and it would work with her being magic. That or she could be a pair of magic shackles that give spell power or a bunch of plus magic arm jewelry or bangles.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
What, you mean things like the Divine Blossom, Fire Wand, Metal Wand, and Seasonal Rhapsody? They're all one-handed weapons that deal magical damage. Unfortunately, as weapons, they scale based off of attack power, and given that, I doubt we'll get any other weapon that does magic damage and scales off of spellpower instead.
I meant that scale from spell power yes, its already coded tho, a companion weapon scales from it so LET ME GET ONE TOO YOU JERKS-

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Oma with 1,300 words! This finishes the scene where you wish for her freedom. It does not actually grant that wish; that scene comes a little bit later.
Oma’s normally stone-still, hardened expression immediately cracks: her brow lifts, her eyes widen, and her triangular ears perk upward, as if she was trying to listen for something in the air. “What?” she asks, her voice higher in pitch than usual.

Suddenly, the lamp in her hand, as well as the choker around her neck and the massive golden chain connecting the two, starts to glow: the polished gold illuminates itself, shining its luster on everything from Oma’s skin to the ground around her. She flinches as she looks down at her lamp, caught by surprise by the light – the light emanating from the metal is clearly magical in nature, but she didn’t do that.

A few seconds later, the light calms down, and the lamp, the choker, and the chain return to the polish that they had before. And yet Oma continues to stare at the lamp in her hand, her eyes wide with bewilderment, like she had never seen it before. When she manages to tear her eyes away from it to you, she looks at you like… like she’s a slave, and you, a person she had only just met, had opened her cage.

[pc.isBimbo|You ask Oma what that was all about. All you did was–

Wait.

Fuck! You used a wish, didn’t you? Shit, that’s not what you meant to do at all! All you meant to do was ask a question! Did you just lose that wish? Can you undo that? You don’t want to use any wishes until you’re absolutely <b>sure</b> of what you want to use them on.

Oma ignores your rambling; she stares at her lamp, dumbfounded, her mouth ajar. You’re pretty sure she hasn’t heard a word you said.

“[pc.Master],” Oma says just as you start your rant over from the beginning. Her mouth still hangs open, but the corners of her lips start to lift, and she lets out a single, soft exhale. She temporarily loses her balance and has to step to one side to right herself.

It takes her another few seconds before she can think to say anything. “[pc.Master], please, you have {two wishes|one wish} remaining. Wish for anything. <b>Anything</b> you can think of. Anything you want, and I’ll grant it.” She steps toward you and, with her free hand, reaches for one of your own. “I’ve waited hundreds of years for this moment; please don’t make me wait too much longer for it. My freedom is so close that I can feel it; I can <b>feel</b> it through this damn collar on my neck. I’ll give you <b>anything</b> you ask for, just, please…!”

Wow, Oma’s getting kind of intense all of a sudden.

But, hey! She wants you to wish for {a few things|something}, right? Sure, you can think of a few things.

In all the excitement, you’ve totally forgotten what it was you had gotten so worked up over….