Physical damage build help needed

DumbRock

Nov 28, 2022
Hey all I'm trying to make a dps warrior build but it's been a while and a lot of content got drop. What attributes/powers and gear should I go for?

Also I saw in some posts here about a power called Wyvern Ignition and that sounds dope as hell. Where can I get that?

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
DPS warrior is still one of the easiest builds to pull off.

First I would focus Strength (Attack Power) and Agility (Initiative). Your third attribute focus could be anything, but I would suggest Prescence (Leadership and Health).

For Powers I would take
Recharge: Power Wave or Holy Shock
Recharge: Cleave
Ultimate: Unbreakable (I know its not a dps power, but I still consider it the best ultimate)

Thats about it. Go ahead and choose which at-will and encounter power you want.

As for weapons, you either need to go two-handed or dual wield. Spiraled sword is a good twohanded that you can get early. Santified Gladius is a good dual wieldable weapon you can get early. You might consider getting the dawnsword for its deflection power. If you want to be really spicy then you can get flames within encounter power, but then you would need to boost up fire resistance.

Remember, no build is great at all situations.

Wyvern Ignition is NPC exclusive, sorry :(

DumbRock

Nov 28, 2022
Wait Power Wave and Holy Shock? Don't those stack with Spellpower?

Also another thing. While playing through the game I stumbled through this quest where you get a mace out of a dragon and I really like the fluff around it even if the itself is kind of meh. Kinda wanna make a character based around using it. I'm thinking a cleric/holy warrior that can do dps and heal as a theme for that. Would str/agi/will be good for that, right?

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Yes they do, but the very low recharge time still makes them useful even if you dump willpower. Rend is decent as well. So is steady strike barring its long recharge time.

Ashelander is a pretty good weapon but not so much for a dps. Ashe is a nonlight weapon so you can't dual wield but it's one handed so it doesn't have the stats of a two-handed weapon. It is really good weapon for sword and board tanks and non spellcasters who dump agility.

For your combo dps/healer, I would concur that str/agi/will would be the stat focus. Now one combo for Ashe is the fire jade which boosts the healing you can do.

DumbRock

Nov 28, 2022
Huh I guess I could also go for a tank build with the Ashelander. What's a good stat distribution for tanking? Warrior's recommended array says str/agi/tou but I see people saying that toughness is one of the worst stats in the game

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
With heal being as overpowered as it is, it's very easy to dump toughness as long as you have an atwill heal. Presence is better for tanking imo as it can buff your allies and having Agnimitra in your party can quickly make you hard to kill.

For your physical dps build, I think using a bow and related abilities would be better, my recommendation being

Bessy mauler and driving shot, triple threat and flames within with duelist's stance or ranger's stance as at-will.
Cait in her sun dancer set could also be useful for this build.

Reactions: PalletTown

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Is wyvern ignition a power you can use? I think that's one of Byvernia's abilities, not sure if the player can learn it.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Also I saw in some posts here about a power called Wyvern Ignition and that sounds dope as hell.
That does dope as hell.

Maybe we can make a new power called 'Digital Ignition'. Where you make your target all hot using your fingers/claws.
I just don't know if should be tease damage... or a Black Mage/Charmer spell that actually sets them on fire, or does half fire/half tease damage.
'You ignite your digits and try to caress [Enemy2]'s [bodypart]. [They quickly slap your hand away before your fingers can ignite them.|The sudden caress of your touch pauses them briefly, long enough for your magic fingers to ignite a fire in them. Literally, as they burst into flame. (Fire and Tease damage. Set enemy On Fire)]'