Phaedra II Space Battle

StonyBridge

Jun 19, 2021
So I have tried at least 15 times with various ship weapons and gadgets and I cannot for the life of me beat this f*cking Guardian of the Flame ship in orbit over Phaedra II and its frankly pissing me off that I cant beat the damn thing. Is there a combo of ship, weapons, crew and gadgets I havent tried yet or is it meant to be BS?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
First, what are you using?

I have two saves on Phaedra II currently. One uses the MS-XI, the other uses the Sidewinder.
Both have 2x Missile Turrets, 2x Hardened Systems and a Shield Vampire. Use the Missile Turrets until the Guardian is at about 2500 Shields, then use the Shield Vampire.
MS-XI also has 2x Power Core Tuners.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
The usual pattern I follow on all battles is
Evade at first. Let them run their energy down.
When they are down on energy, pound them.
Have a couple of capacitor vampires, and when your ship is down and they are building back up, take their energy away from them.
Pound them some more.
Have hardened systems, so they cannot use vampires against you.
If you are low on energy and don't have any vampires, evade. You won't build up energy as fast as recharging, but you won't get hit as much, either.
The holo decoy is a great thing to have and pop off early in the fight. Let them wear themselves out fighting shadows.
I've had little problems with taking out the ship on Phaedra with those tactics and the Sidewinder.

Reactions: Savin

ShoeFlips

Jun 4, 2023
Just downloaded the newest version of the game today and no matter what action I choose in this battle, besides Run!, I get an immediate crash.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Just downloaded the newest version of the game today and no matter what action I choose in this battle, besides Run!, I get an immediate crash.
Just tried the Browser version of 0.9.064. Didn't crash for me.
What's your Ship and loadout? Do other battles crash for you?
You might try waiting for 0.9.065, which should be in a day or so. If it continues crashing, I recommend posting a bug report. Be sure to include the error message and your save.

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
I used a MS-XI modded with 4 power core tuners, two machine guns, a missile turret and a laser. I evaded a few times and then went all out attack. I only worried about keeping enough energy for the two machine guns (25 each). I had a high evasion/reflex score. The laser took out the shield when I was still high energy and the machine guns did the rest. Note, I had my weapons loaded on my ship in the order above so the machine guns power up first.