Pause experience

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
During the game I have found on numerous occasions that when trying to wait to get my equipment or level my companions I arrive at the dungeons with a higher level than I should have, so I wanted to suggest some kind of cursed ring that when equipped the champion does not receive exp, this could be useful for players who want a challenge.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Or you could just
Not sleep to level up.

Ruby Opal

Aug 8, 2021
Nárnia
I don't think that will happen, the level is a very big part of the system and the game, and some content will only be unlocked with the level increase. Besides not having many people interested in this idea of losing XP.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
I don't think that will happen, the level is a very big part of the system and the game, and some content will only be unlocked with the level increase. Besides not having many people interested in this idea of losing XP.
Well, it's something you could easily get rid of, considered a kind of Hornet ring, you decide when to put on and take off

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There are similar mechanics in other games, whether they're in the form of items or special abilities you can toggle when you don't want to gain EXP. I'm not sure I'd necessarily want it in this game myself but I can see why some people might want to impose a handicap on themselves. The real trick is that since you can't change companion equipment, this sort of thing would only work for the Champion, or it would have to prevent all EXP gain entirely. I assume it's at least technically possible since one of the last tweaks to the game was scaled EXP for underleveled companions.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
I remember in Bravely Second there were menu options to manually increase or decrease experience, money, and job points. Maybe something like that could work?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Might I suggest a location where you can donate exp , in various amounts like donating to the nursery.
You can set it so that you can never drop a level [that may be a mechanical no no]
You could be exchanging it for a loss of corruption [removing the memory of the sin] maybe helped by some priest

whether this experience is funneled by said priest to awaken some eldritch abomination from the god war is entirely optional

I think it should be an achievement [preferably with a pithy name]

Reactions: Burnerbro and Prent