[Patreon]Forbidden Tales: The Dark Seed[Brawler/Breeding RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
DarkMaster is right. But your project looks interesting. I like the human form, furries, and also half-breeds among these. Very interesting, I want to see how it continues...

Last edited:

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
Thank you for your Feedback, i appreciate it.

p.s. i think you misunderstand the concept behind Patreon and why it is good to support a game early on.

Last edited:

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
Thank you for your Feedback, i appreciate it.

p.s. i think you misunderstand the concept behind Patreon and why it is good to support a game early on.

There are well over a hundred erotic games awaiting patronage on Patreon.

Perhaps six developers have completed a project so far.

There are dozens of games that have been abandoned or forgotten, many with actual work and actual patronage put into them.

What have you done to prove that you indeed have the fortitude to complete your project where so many others have failed?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
The previous posters have pointed out that you can't really expect people to throw money at you because you've posted some screenshots and a description. Passive-aggressively insulting them is not going to help with that. We know you're an artist, but you need more than art to make a game. What proof do we have that you are actually capable of building this game? I'm not trying to imply that you are not, I will gladly believe you. But not to the point that I'm going to send you any money. It would be best to first have a demo (at least) so people can see for themselves what your game is like and whether or not they like it enough to support you.

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
Dndw is also right on this point. Without a playable demo the project does not have great reliability in the eyes of the public to receive financial support.
But do not be discouraged by this, if you move on with your project will work.
And I believe that deserves a chance, the project is new and looks interesting. :D

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
Guys please could you all take moment and take a deeep breath and relax? all i did was presenting my game iam currently working on and was pointing out for people who might like to support me where they can if they choose to.
I wasn't demanding anything and i will work on my game and it will get finished with or without support.
I don't get it how you don't understand what patreon is and what it is for... iam not selling a game or a project and Patreon isn't ment to be as a shop to do so.
Iam a creator, an artist to be specific and Patreon allows people to support me if and when they choose, there is no too early or too late.
If you support me on Patreon you not only support the game but you support me and the other things i do, like doing illustrations,tutorials and so on.
So please stop it already with the crying about me asking for support.
By the way how do you guys think are commercial games are made? People show up and do free labour for the purpose of putting a Demo together that might get wanted into a full fledged game by the Consumers?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
The thing is that there are a lot of people that do post their adult game Patreons in the hopes of getting support for their dream projects or as a way of getting rich fast for little effort. As was pointed out, the sheer number of these games means that you really do have to stand out from the pack in some way to get attention. A playable demo with good artwork or interesting game mechanics is a way for doing this, it is almost impossible to get attention without a demo. The other big thing is that advertising and making a very strong first impression are very important, if you post too early it may not matter how good your artwork or quality of game is, since a lot of people will just pass it by due to the bad first impression. That's probably the biggest reason why this is simply too early to share.

With regards to game and artwork Patreons, this is something that is incredibly uncommon. Unless you specify otherwise, people are going to assume that the Patreon is going to focus on a project, not all of a content creator's work. You didn't, so a lot of people probably assumed that the game was the only thing you were working on. Again, first impressions tend to be what people focus on, so explanations in the thread replies have a high chance of being missed.

I'm not trying to attack you or put you down on your project. There are simply a lot of pitfalls that new content creators fall into and I want to make it clear what they are.

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
That is what Patreon is about though. You support the Creator not the Creations, it makes me really sad to see once again the lack of appreciation for the effort and labour that creators have to endure to make things.
Having that said, there is nothing wrong with your points for people who want to make things for the sole purpose of making money.
Once again there is no too early for anything, i encourage everyone to make things the way they want and don't listen to anyone who is saying how things should be.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
That is what Patreon is about though. You support the Creator not the Creations, it makes me really sad to see once again the lack of appreciation for the effort and labour that creators have to endure to make things.
Nonononono. You misunderstand me completely. I have great respect for people who follow their passions and make things they love. The problem is that it's not just creators who work hard for their money; everyone else does, too. And most of us don't have enough of it to spend it carelessly. So we have to choose which projects to support with the limited funds we have available. Try to look at it from a neutral perspective for a moment. You have decided to spend 5 bucks on a project you like. Great! That's very generous of you. Now, do you pick the project with a well-developed demo, a history of months of work and demonstrable dedication, or the guy who posted a cool concept but hasn't actually made anything yet? If you're anything like me, you'll go with the established project for now, and check back later if that cool concept with the good-looking art got anywhere.

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
Both could be failures and what now? I don't see your point. Having a Demo is no indication if a project will make it till the end, as many projects have shown. I can see your concern but again if you want to consume a product, then buy a commercial successful game, because Patreon is probably not the right thing for you!
Patreon is the possibility for Fans of all sorts of creators to support them directly and get a little reward from the Creator.
If you are so afraid of wasting valuable money, why don't you save it instead of spending it?

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Both could be failures and what now? I don't see your point. Having a Demo is no indication if a project will make it till the end, as many projects have shown. I can see your concern but again if you want to consume a product, then buy a commercial successful game, because Patreon is probably not the right thing for you!
Patreon is the possibility for Fans of all sorts of creators to support them directly and get a little reward from the Creator.
If you are so afraid of wasting valuable money, why don't you save it instead of spending it?

Kinky i will try to be helpful, what they are trying to say is not the negative sense that you are getting, they are not saying "you are not qualified or you will fail", however what they mean is that people almost never support a project at first without any guarantee that they will truly work on it, it isn't based on you but generally, it would be great if you introduce more about yourself, what you want to do, why do you make a patreon, and of course past works or anything related that you have done, because it will generate trust and people will give their money more easily.

You know, people may want to give 5$ to a project because it seems cool, however what they want is to be sure that they will truly be used in a good way. People support a creator because they like their work and they think he deserves it, so it's better to always show those points.

jk103

Oct 14, 2015
Of COURSE having a demo is an indication that a project will make it to the end. EVERY successful project I've seen has started with a working demo. That's Step 1. You haven't finished Step 1 yet and you're asking for money.

Patreon is a risky platform for supporting game development. There's no regulation, accountability, or oversight. We've all seen too many developers up and disappear as soon as the cash starts flowing, banking on the fact that their supporters are too naive or lazy or forgetful to cancel their pledges. Community policing is pretty much the only tool we have to prevent Patreon scammers, so if you're coming to a public forum to advertise your account with nothing but a few sprites and a screenshot, expect to be greeted with a healthy degree of skepticism.

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
jk103 sry to say but you are pretty dumb if you make a reply like that after i have explained multiple times, that iam not only working on a game and my patreon is not purely for the game...

KinkyDesign

Oct 10, 2016
sry guys this is really getting annoying i will delete the Thread, this whole forum seems not to be for me... all i get is this stupid nonsense from you guys about me telling people that i have a patreon if they want to support me.

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Welp, i will leave it at saying that i found most people here giving recommendations so that you could get a more succesful patreon and you found all of us annoying.

In fact i would say that here all of us understand your point but you didn't want to understand what others are saying. Good luck with your project and i truly hope that it goes well but you will need someone for public relations even as a one person project.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
OMG! I can't believe I miss this fun!

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
OMG! I can't believe I miss this fun!

In my opinion it was all a misunderstanding. Kinky just came forward to present his project to share the progress of game development. It does not have a ready playable demo.
But he posted his Patreon as an indicator of his project. In fact he has not asked for any support for now.
But he got a little annoyed because he believed that everyone thought he was asking for support right away when he does not have a demo ready yet.
Unfortunately he deleted his topic because of this misunderstanding. I hope he reposte his announcement, I would like to follow this project...

Last edited:

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
In my opinion it was all a misunderstanding. Kinky just came forward to present his project to share the progress of game development. It does not have a ready playable demo.
But he posted his Patreon as an indicator of his project. In fact he has not asked for any support for now.
But he got a little annoyed because he believed that everyone thought he was asking for support right away when he does not have a demo ready yet.
Unfortunately he deleted his topic because of this misunderstanding. I hope he reposte his announcement, I would like to follow this project...
To be honest... I actually saw when this was first posted, I originally assumed it was going to get ignored due to the lack of a playable demo but linking to the patreon, which is why i didn't post when it first appeared. If I had realized this would actually go this far, I would've said something when I had the chance.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
To be honest... I actually saw when this was first posted, I originally assumed it was going to get ignored due to the lack of a playable demo but linking to the patreon, which is why i didn't post when it first appeared. If I had realized this would actually go this far, I would've said something when I had the chance.
I figured it would have as well if I hadn't posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.