Patreon and offbeatr won't let me donate, can anyone help? Update: found the problem, debit card

Samfuller

Aug 1, 2019
England
I've been trying to donate to get access to the backer builds, but every time I try it says that it won't go through or didn't get transferred.

My current theory is that mabye it can't change british pounds to american dollars.
Does anyone know a way around this?

Follow up question, do backer builds work on android? Just checking before I put money down

Update: due to only having a debit card and not a credit card I cannot use third party sites, this includes things such as paypal, patreon and offbeatr

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
My current theory is that mabye it can't change british pounds to american dollars.
I doubt that, considering that they are two of the most widely used currencies in the world.

So, let's ask a few questions. Some of these might be obvious, but they are the most areas where things go wrong.
- Do you have enough money in your account, checking with the exchange rate and fees?
- Have you entered your card details correctly?
- Is the card in date?
- Check with your bank to see if they're blocking payments to Patreon.

Samfuller

Aug 1, 2019
England
Did you try paypal?
Can you use paypal on patreon? I may need to make an account

Update: due to only having a debit card and not a credit card I cannot use third party sites, this includes things such as paypal, patreon and offbeatr

Last edited:

Samfuller

Aug 1, 2019
England
I doubt that, considering that they are two of the most widely used currencies in the world.

So, let's ask a few questions. Some of these might be obvious, but they are the most areas where things go wrong.
- Do you have enough money in your account, checking with the exchange rate and fees?
- Have you entered your card details correctly?
- Is the card in date?
- Check with your bank to see if they're blocking payments to Patreon.

In order, yes, yes, yes, £30 a week for online transactions, it's thursday and the first time in a month I've done payment online.

Just realised how rude that reads, I'm not angry, just listing off answers. Sorry if that sounded rude or angry

Samfuller

Aug 1, 2019
England
In order, yes, yes, yes, £30 a week for online transactions, it's thursday and the first time in a month I've done payment online.

Just realised how rude that reads, I'm not angry, just listing off answers. Sorry if that sounded rude or angry

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
That might be more of a bank thing, because I have a debit card and I can use paypal and patreon.