Paragon vs Utopia

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
I'm a little confused about the conflict between these two.

According to Ilya, Utopia is supposed to be the group that handles sex slaves and such, but the brothel is Paragon, and the Slavery answer at the party is only favored by Paragon. If you talk to Corelleh Dovah at the party, she speaks negatively of Beth's slavery, but at the brothel she says Paragon stole one of their Mindeash devices which implies they do something similar anyway?

What's supposed to be the difference between these 2 (in regards to slavery)?

Reactions: OofS

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
I'm a little confused about the conflict between these two.

According to Ilya, Utopia is supposed to be the group that handles sex slaves and such, but the brothel is Paragon, and the Slavery answer at the party is only favored by Paragon. If you talk to Corelleh Dovah at the party, she speaks negatively of Beth's slavery, but at the brothel she says Paragon stole one of their Mindeash devices which implies they do something similar anyway?

What's supposed to be the difference between these 2 (in regards to slavery)?

That’s what I want to know too. I was confused at first about the brothel being owned by Paragon of all people and not the sex crazy Skies as well. I know that Wsan wrote Ilya, so I’m thinking it was probably a lore mix up?

output("\n\n<i>“Hmmmmm,”</i> Iyla decides at length, keeping you torturously close to orgasm with her skillful tongue. <i>“Utopian Skies handles people. Hotels, brothels, virtual reality setups, the whole gamut. Sex slaves, art installations, garden decorations... you name it, they’ll convince someone to do it for you. Stay away from them if you can. Paragon Inc has an iron grip on food, implants, and weaponry. Typical thuggish gunrunners. Then there’s us! Brightwater.”</i> She smiles up at you. <i>“Good thing you came here. We’ve got a lot to offer. Liquor, pharmaceuticals, medicine... all the fun stuff.”</i>");

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
That’s what I want to know too. I was confused at first about the brothel being owned by Paragon of all people and not the sex crazy Skies as well. I know that Wsan wrote Ilya, so I’m thinking it was probably a lore mix up?

Paragon are basically Amazon. They're muscling in on everyone else's business, and they have Carver's backing.

Reactions: OofS and Keet

TheShepard256

Maybe sex slavery specifically is traditionally under Utopian Skies' purview, but they've recently been trying to move away from that (due to Corellah's distaste for Carver-like practises, the fact that being a slave is unpleasant (the exact opposite of what Utopian Skies stands for), or both) and Paragon (the only other zaibatsu that traditionally deals in slavery) is taking over that market.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Every zaibatsu dips its toes into every pie there is; different zaibatsu are just more specialized or more famous for, a particular type of product. Like you can still find Utopian Skies weapons and food, even though those are Paragaon's big things.

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
I hope that there's a faction war in the end where your favored faction wins...

Paragon could win with guns,
Brightwater with drugs,
and Utopian Skies with sluts....somehow....