Ovilixer, eggnancies and oviparious perk questions

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
So I was looking at the wiki and the pregnancy related docs from the Event Writer's Guide, and I had a few clarification question I was hoping would have answers.

So, first off: Regarding the oviparous perk (which is currently only granted to the Harpy or Mothfolk Champ), if the egg is fertilized, it seems to default to a harpy baby. This makes sense to me if the ovilixer is used, but I'm wondering if the reason mothfolk babies aren't a result is because it hasn't been written yet or because the Champion doesn't naturally create eggs unless the ovilixer is taken.

Second question: If the Champion is an egg-laying race but hasn't taken an ovilixer and gets pregnant, does that mean the Champ has a live birth of whatever race impregnates them?

And third off: If the Champion gets impregnated by an oviparous race (let's say a Vesperan Drone) while they're also an oviparous race, would the baby still be a harpy, or would the child default to the sire's race? (In this case, let's say a Mothfolk Champion laying the egg(s) of the above Vesperan Drone).

TL;DR: Does an oviparous Champion only lay harpy eggs by default or because alternatives weren't written yet?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
but I'm wondering if the reason mothfolk babies aren't a result is because it hasn't been written yet
Mostly this.

does that mean the Champ has a live birth of whatever race impregnates them?
You always give birth via the normal means for your partner race, unless it's an Oviparous egg being fertilized.

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
Gotcha, thanks Savin!

By the way, reading the Mothfolk codex again, it says they can lay a clutch of 2-6 eggs. Should an egg preg scene reflect this, or stick to the “only one egg created when oviparous” system that’s currently in place?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Gotcha, thanks Savin!

By the way, reading the Mothfolk codex again, it says they can lay a clutch of 2-6 eggs. Should an egg preg scene reflect this, or stick to the “only one egg created when oviparous” system that’s currently in place?
If it's via the perk it's probably still just the one egg.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
I do so really hope that someday being a mothfolk begets me some moth babies - it's weird when you pump out a big ol' harpy egg as a bug and honestly, the harpies in this game just don't jive with me very well... except for Shar, she's an adorable creature. Who also has real, working arms and not jsut wings for arms, which is probably where my issue lies with them.