Ouroboros (Complete!)

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015

Ouroboros presents a bright, cheerful world in which something is horrifyingly wrong. The hero has a princess to save and a quest set before him, but there are unsettling signs that all this has happened before. As you play the game, you'll come to realize that the dungeons and monsters are meaningless distractions from the task of uncovering the truth.

More info about this completed side project on my blog, or you can find the commercial version in the following places:
itch.io
Nutaku
MangaGamer
DLsite English
DLsite Japanese

You can also get it via Patreon. If you're an old or long time patron, just message me for a free copy! ^-^ But you can also use it as a store by giving me a temporary pledge, if you'd rather support directly instead of using one of the above stores.

If you like this project and don't know who I am, you can take a look at my other work in either of these places:
- The Last Sovereign (my ongoing solo project)
- Hreinn Games (my fully-illustrated collaboration with Nomo)

This was a lot of fun! Though I'll be working on my core projects for the foreseeable future, I hope at some point I can create some small completed games as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKrone

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Great game with a lot of philosophical and satirical tones to it...and is also a fun romp of silliness. The characters are the big draw of the game and they are fleshed out beautifully. Makes you think a lot more than you would expect coming in, especially mid to late game. Worth every penny of Patreon and every minute of game play.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Downloaded and will try on my PC ASAP. One thing I will mention (as I do to all devs who play with MV) - remember that you can also make the game now Linux and OSX friendly. Same goes with Renpy...

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
@Hoboy: I have a Mac link up on the blog now! MV also allegedly supports Android and iOS distributions, but I have not ever worked with these. I'm open to figuring them out as soon as there's desire from players.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I don't understand how to do the spoilery thing I need to do. I thought I needed to say yes but it didn't work.

Edit: 955. I doubt goblin grinding is the answer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I have confirmation the Mac version works easily, but if anyone tries the Android/iOS version, please let me know how that goes.

@Anomolousrabbit: Goblin grinding is completely unnecessary. Without being sure exactly what you're trying to figure out, my tip is that you should avoid the areas and paths the game tries to force you to take.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Yes - the Mac version works great! Happily killing critters now...

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
I don't understand how to do the spoilery thing I need to do. I thought I needed to say yes but it didn't work.

You should question things Slimey says. He has slime for brains, you know.

any hints for garuda and memories enemies

Garuda: Buff Emantha's magical attack, use Curse and Annihilate.

Memories: Use attacks that can't miss, such as Dispel Shadow, Swift Strike, and Curse.

Not all characters are useful every round in every battle, so just have some of them guard if you can't find anything better for them to do.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
There is a new version of the game uploaded - notably, this version includes a prologue that didn't exist in any previous version of the game. The people who were kind enough to give this game a try were consistent in saying that the game didn't give away its true nature fast enough. Accordingly, I have changed the synopsis and added the prologue, which I hope will interest the people who would actually like this game.

Conrad

May 23, 2016
Ok, so I'm playing the game and have been enjoying the characters and all that jazz so far but I seem to be stuck... I may just be retarded or blind or something but I can't find a way to destroy the final barrier (the blue one) in the castle nor am I able to find a key to the door to the right of it. What do I do?

Hymmnos

Dec 15, 2015
Ok, so I'm playing the game and have been enjoying the characters and all that jazz so far but I seem to be stuck... I may just be retarded or blind or something but I can't find a way to destroy the final barrier (the blue one) in the castle nor am I able to find a key to the door to the right of it. What do I do?

I can't remember which keys unlock which rooms but there are four keys total. One on floor one, one on floor two, and two on floor three. On floor three, there is one key inside and one key outside. I think that you might be missing the outside key.

Conrad

May 23, 2016
I can't remember which keys unlock which rooms but there are four keys total. One on floor one, one on floor two, and two on floor three. On floor three, there is one key inside and one key outside. I think that you might be missing the outside key.

I don't think that's it... I'm not sure if I got a key from each one but I see four open chests around here. One on each floor inside and the one up and to the right outside... Possible glitch? EDIT: Never mind. I loaded up an earlier save to check if it was a glitch, saw I got an armor from the chest outside, looked around more and found it. Blind me is blind.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
OK, I finally got around to playing the game and I have to say it was quite fun.

I liked what the final boss was as well. Made things interesting.

There seemed to be a bug in that fight though. Every time I tried to heal or give TP, it always stayed on Emantha, so I couldn't heal any other party members.

I do hope to see CG as well, although that could take awhile.

Hymmnos

Dec 15, 2015
There seemed to be a bug in that fight though. Every time I tried to heal or give TP, it always stayed on Emantha, so I couldn't heal any other party members.

I have encountered similar issues before in other fights and I think it is caused by having your mouse over an ally or enemy.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I have encountered similar issues before in other fights and I think it is caused by having your mouse over an ally or enemy.

Thanks for informing me that, although the revive skill was working perfectly for me so I'm not 100% sure if it was the mouse.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Finished it and love it.  Although those memories east of the beach were kind of a pain.  I kind of wish there was some kind of sandbox/admin mode after you finish where you really can control the illusion.  Although I imagine that would be extremely hard to program.

Void Director

Aug 26, 2015
I just finished the game and it was a lot of fun.  I did notice two bugs (I think) though. The most common one is that you can use jump to avoid a bunch of the triggers for scripted events. For example if you jump over the activator for the castle you can walk around the castle grounds. 

Perhapse more importantly I found a way to break the game (I think). Its triggered when you have the ability to restore one companion and you choose the mage to get the candle before talking to the thief to get gold for the bomb then immediately do the fire dungeon and get the grate removing horn. If you then talk to the thief she will trigger the dialog to go to the castle then leave without giving you any money for the bomb. The shopkeeper then won't sell you the bomb even if you have 100 gold. This means its impossible to break rocks as you can't get the rock hammer without the horn and you haven't learned the skill to break them yet. Thus you cannot progress or restart the cycle and must reload an older save.

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
So now that the party has control of their world, goo-girl version of Slimey when?

just kidding please no

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
So there was a thread for the game! Ok so I found a bug where if you look through Amiel's house after getting the third artifact she will still tell you to no look through her things even though she is not there. I was trying to figure out if there was a note or something.
Please tell me this game is going to have a continuation. I want to smash the people who stuck them in that world.... Although I did find the last boss to be fitting.

Kyrant

Mar 5, 2016
How do I get to fuck that Fairy instead of killing dem Goblins in the Fire Dungeon? She had offered 2 options, but I can only do 1, unless I need to clear the dungeon first in order to fuck her?