Oppai Odyssey

Cryoxxx

Aug 19, 2020
www.patreon.com
aLJEHer.png

Links for more info: Patreon GAMEJOLT Discord

About:

You are the captain of spaceship and your crew is a bunch of cute girls. Explore your spaceship and build friendships and intimacy with your crew much like games such as "Mass Effect" and "Knights of the Old Republic." Your mission is to explore and survey uncharted planets and experience the unique races and environments. Especially the cute girls. Oppai Odyssey includes completely animated scenes and sexy situations.

Enjoy a fully exploreable spaceship, filled with events to enjoy with your cute crew mates.

giphy.gif

Controls:
Use your mouse or finger (if on android) to click through dialog and story.
Use your mouse or finger to click on doors/pathways/characters to navigate and experience the events in the spaceship.
Use the minimap in the top right coner to find where those sexy girls and events are.

Features:
Over 1500 renders
7 fully animated sex scenes with multiple animations per scene
Fully exploreable spaceship with day/night cycle
Tons of events with your cute crewmates

Genre:
Adventure, Male Protagonist, Romance, Dating Sim, Animated, 3DCG, Big Tits, Big Ass, Sci-fi, Titfuck, Creampie, Handjob, Vaginal Sex, Harem, FemDom

Play the game:
Get the game for free from either of these places!
Patreon Gamejolt

Some Animation Previews:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some Other Images:
um2nFTl.png

1uwy82u.png

p7QCqG1.png

9gGFewQ.png
0za2MD0.png

Last edited:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Pretty vanilla so far, with some heavy femdom undertones. There is also libido increasing drug usage. I am into lots of kinks, and since it's a sci-fi game. The possiblities are endless.
It's generally best to be up front about what kinks and pairings are currently present in the game as well as what's planned for future content. If there's certain things that are focused on or mandatory, be sure to say so. The easier this information is for your potential players to find, the more likely they are to discover your game. There's an awful lot of adult games out there and most people won't try games unless they know ahead of time that there's something in there for them, they've just been burned too many times by the bad devs.

Reactions: Ainonna

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I gave this a try and it's very much the case that you don't have control over the scenes you get. You pretty much end up banging the various girls without warning. The only time this is not the case is with the teacher, which gives a choice that probably gives a bad impression since its the only sex scene that actually gives the player a choice on whether or not they want to trigger it. You get a mandatory tit-fuck almost immediately afterwards. It's to my tastes, but definitely not everyone's. Everything I've seen in the game is m/f or solo f.

I got lucky in the sense that I actually enjoy the content the game has to offer. I also like the doctor and the engineer. I'd prefer a few more choices to let me decide what the PC's attitude is about some things, but I'm okay with being along for the ride right now.

Since Ren'py has a built in roleback feature, I'd recommend to the dev that you not bother with the choices in the sex scenes that move between different animations, just have it play out. If the player wants to go back to an earlier animation, the roleback works just fine for that.

The PC is planning sedition against his commanding officer surprisingly quickly. Especially considering that she's following standard military protocol. My impression was she's no-nonsense, likes to keep things brief, and make it clear how serious the situation is. The doctor does far more questionable things without asking the MC's permission, but I guess she gets a free pass because she got him off?

Cryoxxx

Aug 19, 2020
www.patreon.com
I gave this a try and it's very much the case that you don't have control over the scenes you get.
Thank you for the constructive criticism.
Regarding having more expansive choices for what or WHO you do, I do think that there should be more choices on how MC acts and when sex scenes trigger. But it is also difficult to lock content that I worked hard on and I think players would enjoy behind a choice that some might not choose. When I make the game, I want my audience to experience everything, ya know? That being said, I do have some choices that effect it. For instance, teacher scene can be skipped, or the gym scene with engineer can be delayed through choices. I am definitely trying to find a balance here to remeber that is a GAME first and then a STORY.

Also, for the commanding officer, I see it as MC taking a note to remember how she treated him. Calling someone a "boy" and to "keep your mouth shut" aren't really military protocol. MC is soldier and his duty comes first, he isn't planning a rebellion, but if an oppurtunity presents itself, I am sure he will take it. Her storyline is one that I am looking forward to the most.

If I am coming off as defensive about my game, I really am not. I enjoy the banter, and if you cared enough to comment in the thread; that makes me happy. Glad you enjoyed the scenes and hope stick around for the ride!

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'm very familiar with what it's like to have scenes that your players don't experience in a game, as I've worked as a dev before and am currently a writer for an adult game. The one I'm currently working on is intended as a broad appeal game, so we actually don't intend for any given player to experience more than half of the scenes in the game due to it being content they just aren't into. Less actually, due to branching paths. Every sex scene is optional, even if that might be somewhat detrimental to the story as it's a sacrifice we have to make for this to be a game people can fap to. The upside is that there's more players and each scene usually has some people who say it's their favorite. The romantics are in love with a, the gay fans lust over b, the folks into extreme kink x are into c. Completionists are our bane, when they insist that they need to see the pairings they don't like (say m/m) or the more extreme kinks they're not into. Then they complain about it.

I've seen two main ways to build an adult game. Broad appeal and niche appeal. In a broad appeal game, you usually make everything optional and clearly signposted (or have content toggles), have a wide variety of fetishes, and have a lot of vanilla or fairly universally appealing content to tide people over between the kinkier stuff they're really into. Niche appeal games generally pick one specific kink or group of kinks that they focus on. Nearly all of the content in the game has that particular kink and is free to make that content mandatory as the player gives the okay for that content when they started the game and the bulk of the content is about that one kink. Anything that isn't about that main kink should be optional and clearly signposted. These aren't hard rules; for example a broad appeal game can have optional sections of the game that focus on one kink that isn't optional, assuming it's signposted. They are useful guidelines.

An adult game that forces players to see content they don't like isn't useful as fapping material. It doesn't matter how well written it is if that kink is a turn off. Human sexuality is stupid complicated and players will be much better at understanding their sexuality than a developer can possibly be. That's why content lists are so important. They tell players, 'this is a game you can fap to' or, 'this is a game you can't fap to.' It's just as important that player can find what they like as it is for them to avoid what they don't like. Using the broad and niche appeal guidelines helps you maximize the number of players that enjoy your game.

Bringing this around to your game, you could do something like having big breasts, the drugs, and m/f be the focus of the game. You are up front about this in the advertising and main menu, so players give permission for that content when they click start. Then you can go nuts with that kind of content in the game itself and it's totally fine. Even have major plotlines of the game use that as critical parts of the storytelling, like the ship's crew getting addicted to the drugs and exploring how that affects their relationships with one another and character development as a result of it. Just don't blindside people with unexpected or unavoidable content unrelated to the central themes. Alternatively, you can pull back from this and instead give players choices over who they get involved with and who's kinks they want to see. The game explains to them in some way that the doctor's content focuses on the drugs and it's up to the player whether or not they want to pursue that relationship path and engage with the drugs. If they choose not to, then they don't get the drug content.

Cryoxxx

Aug 19, 2020
www.patreon.com
I'm very familiar with what it's like to have scenes that your players don't experience in a game.
I would like to fall under the broad section. I myself enjoy a lot of the more popular fetishes and would like to represent those through the game. Yet those scenes are not in the game currently so I dont think they deserve a place on the fetish list yet. What sort of method would you use to add that sort of content to the game. For story related events do you think a simple "There is a gangbang scene here, do you want to see it?" check would suffice?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I would like to fall under the broad section. I myself enjoy a lot of the more popular fetishes and would like to represent those through the game. Yet those scenes are not in the game currently so I dont think they deserve a place on the fetish list yet. What sort of method would you use to add that sort of content to the game. For story related events do you think a simple "There is a gangbang scene here, do you want to see it?" check would suffice?
Any scenes that the game's story can progress without actually happening or can have non-sexual variations substituted should have some sort of choice before the scene actually triggers. This choice should always tell the player in some way that a sex scene will happen and with who, and ideally should telegraph what kind of content to expect. This could be as simple as the character's appearance and personality if those imply what kind of content will happen (a large breasted woman can imply tit-fucking without spelling it out). If the scene has more extreme kinks or a twist of some kind, you'll have to be more explicit about what to expect (say if the woman wanted to use a strap-on on the MC). If you'd rather not work the telegraphs into the story or dialogue in some way, content tags on the choice work. The absolute last thing you want to do is surprise your players.

You have to be careful with more extreme kinks, even if they're not overtly shown. Your gangbang is one such example, as players can become protective of characters they think 'belong' to them in some way, such as a wife or girlfriend. So while the PC having the option to watch a random gangbang video of someone they have no personal connection with or can choose to participate in a gangbang on a rival character is fine, one where their girlfriend always gets gangbanged even if you don't watch/participate is going to rub some players the wrong way. Mandatory stuff for the PC is especially dangerous. Not everyone will appreciate it if their PC canonically has to have sex with x character, is forced to sub for y, or always tortures z. That's even if you don't actually have to watch the scene.

Stuff where people are doing the stuff they'd always be doing anyway (like masturbating or a preexisting couple having fun together) is usually fine to have happen regardless of whether the player watches or not. Someone complaining about being NTRed by a man having sex with his wife are being unreasonable. (Yes, we've had complaints about that in our game.)

Cryoxxx

Aug 19, 2020
www.patreon.com
Any scenes that the game's story can progress without actually happening or can have non-sexual variations substituted should have some sort of choice before the scene actually triggers.
Thank you for your input. It really helps me understand my audience better. I really want to add some more kinks to my game but I was worried I would scare people away right away. I now have a few ideas how I can implement them without "cutting content" or sacrificing the story.

Cryoxxx

Aug 19, 2020
www.patreon.com
0.2.1.7 Public release is here for everyone! Get it HERE

giphy.gif

Changelog from 0.2.1:
Finish your first mission now!
  • 170 new renders
  • Completed main story mission
  • 2 Fully animated scenes with 7 animations total
  • Fully updated prologue
  • 205 Updated renders