[On Hold] CompatiCock - A Minor TF Item

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Preacher had a pretty neat idea that I like better than this one. Thanks to his approval, this mod will be pretty radically changed or just completely started over based on his idea. (Essentially: a tentacle-cock that resizes to fit orifices as appropriate.) I see a bunch of potential for this, but the design and coding will take a good amount of work to implement. I'm still busy with my Lapinara content expansion, so will pick this back up later on. I want to be able to write most of the code for it, so that implementing it isn't a hassle for the crew. (Otherwise, it'd probably be too troublesome to approve)

So for now, this is on hold. :)

Hello everyone,

I've been working on this thing here are there since finishing the HL Jock, but haven't done much with it while working on my Lapinara expansion. I had meant to get the code ready for it and finish the optional extranet advertisement text before posting it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and put it up here now.

The basic idea is a TF item that gives the CompatiCock perk, which dramatically reduces the effective volume of a cock when checking to see if it'll fit in a given orifice. I understand it could seem outlandish, so please read the codex entry section if you think the idea seems implausible from a fiction perspective. As far as game design goes, I put my reasoning in the doc, and it has a bit of a downside and a high price point.

Check it out HERE

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Unless the scene in question checks for cockThickness and and cockLength directly...

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
What's the point of removing/bypassing size limits and keeping your monster dong if the scene isn't written for said dong? It would still be acting as if you had a more "normal" size.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Unless the scene in question checks for cockThickness and and cockLength directly...

Not much can be done about that. cLength and to a lesser extent cThickness play into several other things I wouldn't want to tamper with, particularly actual volume and parser calls. For the most part, checks for access to a scene should use effectiveVolume unless there is a specific reason to check something else. If so, it'd make sense to refuse based on that reason. The dong may be squeezable, but would still be however long, for example.

What's the point of removing/bypassing size limits and keeping your monster dong if the scene isn't written for said dong? It would still be acting as if you had a more "normal" size.

The main reason is to be able to read such content despite your dong. In a more real fashion, this modification "de-monsterfies" the dong, so you no longer have one. The parser calls in the scene would still properly describe it's appearance, but the mod changes things so that the effect of size isn't so important. Your cock may be X inches thick, but it still squeezes down to Y inches for compatibility with your partner. No ripping people apart or anything like that. From a fiction perspective, it makes sense. As for truly monstrous members, this isn't really meant for them, which is why I included a scalar effect on effective volume. There's of course going to be a difference between players who have a large cock due to game effects such as the treatment or aesthetic sense, and those whose actual sexual kink is large insertions and splitting people open. The former would likely be happy to be able to read all the great content in TiTS, even if the scene doesn't include any size fetishism. (Plenty of scenes with a small size threshold still talk about things being tight and etc.) The later most likely would find it pointless. But this is an optional TF in a game full of optional TFs. Those who only want to see scenes with a focus on giant size obviously shouldn't get this mod, just like those who don't want fur shouldn't take mods that give them fur.

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
You should then make the reverse true too. Make non-hyper cocks able to access hyper scenes/taur scenes. Otherwise it's incredibly one sided.

Reactions: Emerald and Kesil

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
You should then make the reverse true too. Make non-hyper cocks able to access hyper scenes/taur scenes. Otherwise it's incredibly one sided.

That would require a completely different mechanic, and a completely different fictional basis. It would be a lot harder to do, as well. There's not nearly as much hyper content either, so it wouldn't give nearly the same benefit. I'm sure somebody could make an "inflatable cock" mod of some sort though. CompatiCock isn't one-sided though, it's a large to effectively-small mod. Condensol isn't one-sided for not enhancing size, just like Throbb ins't one-sided for not shrinking members. I wouldn't be adverse to working on something like an inflatable cock mod, but since i don't have much interest in the hyper scenes I don't know if I'd be the best person to do it. A decent amount of work would be needed to figure out parser conflicts.

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
That would require a completely different mechanic, and a completely different fictional basis. It would be a lot harder to do, as well. There's not nearly as much hyper content either, so it wouldn't give nearly the same benefit. I'm sure somebody could make an "inflatable cock" mod of some sort though. CompatiCock isn't one-sided though, it's a large to effectively-small mod. Condensol isn't one-sided for not enhancing size, just like Throbb ins't one-sided for not shrinking members. I wouldn't be adverse to working on something like an inflatable cock mod, but since i don't have much interest in the hyper scenes I don't know if I'd be the best person to do it. A decent amount of work would be needed to figure out parser conflicts.

What you're effectively asking for is a way to remove size limits, but only for hyper dicks. Might as well just ask for an option to turn said limits off in the game's options instead, if being limited by cock size is the issue. And condensol just highlights the incredibly minor thing this would add, since condensol is already there for the very purpose of allowing hypers the chance to experience content they'd otherwise miss. And condensol isn't comparable to throbb at all. Condensol is temporary, and only affects size - while throbb changes many different things, and is permanent.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
What you're effectively asking for is a way to remove size limits, but only for hyper dicks.

If I wanted a cheat to remove size limits, I could do that myself without creating a TF item or taking up the dev's time. From a creative standpoint, I'm against removing size limits on hyper dicks. I just didn't think it would be nice to exclude them. Because this is a multiplicative modification of volume, and doesn't actually force a true result from a check on whether something fits, this wouldn't actually let a hyper dick access content with tight restrictions.

Let's look at some maths to see what I mean:
(These aren't actual values, just approximations, because I'm lazy. just the basic volume formula of a cylinder, with width 1/6th of length as in the game.)

Let's say the volume for a Treatmentized 24" cock is 301 cubic inches. (3.14*2^2*24) [incidentally, this is the length a treated cum cow that is 6ft tall would have for autofellatio]
Let's say the volume for a hyper 36" cock is 1017 cubic inches. (3.14*3^2*36)

Quite a big difference already. Now let's say that a certain orifice has a max capacity of 150. Neither one would fit.

Then we modify the effective volume using a length-based modifier (the length based modifier can be tweaked to what the devs want, this is length / 50)
Large Cock = 301 * 0.48 for an effective volume of 144
Hyper Cock = 1017 * 0.72 for an effective volume of 732
With a flat modifier:
Large Cock = 301 * 0.35 = 105
Hyper Cock = 1017 * 0.35 = 356

In either case, the large Cock would fit while the hyper version wouldn't.
As shown by the math, this most definitely isn't a mod to make everyone fit everything, and it isn't aimed at Hyper anything at all.

condensol just highlights the incredibly minor thing this would add.
This is explained in the document, but Condensol lasts for a good amount of time, meaning you're still small for future encounters. Furthermore, if you run into an encounter, it's already too late to take Condensol. Incidentally, Condensol IS aimed at hyper sizes, while this mod isn't. EDIT: Elaboration - Condensol takes a minimum of 50% off. This is useful for hypers, but for a large member, you could go from 18 inches to 9. Unlike this mod, condensol modifies length, meaning the size descriptions from parser tags also change.

As an aside, I only mentioned condensol and throbb in the first place as examples because you said it was "one sided" that this TF doesn't work both ways. I was pointing out that most TFs don't work both ways, it's irrelevant what my examples do, it could have easily have been Shark Bites and the Sukmaster 2000.

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
We seem to have a different idea of what hyper is, because to me (and plenty of others would agree) 24 inches is hyper. Either way, if you want this to be aimed more specifically at "Treatmentized" penises, then that should be what it is written as. Hell, make it something specifically from New Texas for treated people. As it is, it just seems like something made out of spite towards Condensol.

Reactions: Zavos and Kesil

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Why not lock the cock into a twelve inch inflatable octopus tentacle? Squishy enough to make even the largest dicks fit into the tiniest of holes but expansive enough that it can fill even the largest of holes. Basically it defaults the cock's effective volume to the highest variable that's allowed in the scene. Now that I think about it it'll be a coding headache to implement but It would be nice to have.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Aullama, please don't mistake fictional competition between two fictional corporations as a dislike of Condensol; I actually think it's a really well-done addition to the game. Personally, I don't usually play any particular character or stick really shoot for a certain size. I think the largest was from characters with stock treatment, and I've never actually felt the need to use it beyond simply trying out the negative effects.

As far as CompatiCock goes, I thought of something interesting that would be easy to do, so typed it up. I did so knowing there was a whole host of reasons it could be rejected, but figured the concept was interesting enough to be worth it. I hadn't seen something comparable before, a sort of "Omni-Tool" (sorry, bad pun). It would also seem to provide some utility for some players. Maybe a small percentage, maybe a tiny one. If it made the game more interesting or more enjoyable for 5% of people, certainly that wouldn't be a bad thing?

When we started our rambling back and forth, you asked what the point was. I explained, and pointed out some things about parser tags and how they alter a scene. You then pointed out, essentially, that it wasn't fair that this mod idea doesn't work both ways. I tried to explain that doing that wouldn't fit the concept, and that many transformatives only work in a single direction. Then it became all about just using condensol, basically ignoring all the rest of what was mentioned in our conversation and the document. I've seriously wondered if you're trolling me, and if so congrats-you win, but have tried to persist and answer/explain each new semi-random question.

In regard to size terminology, you have me there. People have different ideas on what is what, particularly where there aren't firm boundaries. In a game where size covers a spectrum from 1 to 100 or more inches, what portion of that is "hyper"? Do you go with Japanese content, something like 3 or 5 feet? do you go with some other community definition? I admit it's ambiguous, but also a reason to avoid ambiguity in the first place and provide numbers. If we went with scientific use of measurement terms, ultra or super would start somewhere around 12 to 18 inches. The essential point being that super/ultra is beyond or higher than what is possible. Since 18 inches is the record for largest human penis that can become erect, it seems like a decent range to start. Moving on to hyper, that's something considerably larger/faster than super. Example: supersonic - the speed of sound which was originally thought not to be breakable, to hypersonic, 5 times that speed. There isn't a right answer though in this case. There are plenty of TiTS characters that have giant members - Penny, tons of taurs, treated people. It seems like too common a group to use hyper for, especially if using a single item will get you to that size. Ultimately though, it doesn't matter beyond our miscommunication due to conflicted views of what hyper means.

Why not lock the cock into a twelve inch inflatable octopus tentacle? Squishy enough to make even the largest dicks fit into the tiniest of holes but expansive enough that it can fill even the largest of holes. Basically it defaults the cock's effective volume to the highest variable that's allowed in the scene. Now that I think about it it'll be a coding headache to implement but It would be nice to have.

I actually think this is a really great idea. If I could find the dang comparison function in the source code, it actually seems like something really easy to implement on a functional level. Problem would be the parser. I think the default parsing functions would end up reading as that 12 inch size... but from when I read through the code it seems possible to do. Could even lead to a some useful parser tags. My concern would be how lean the parser code is... I'm sure that the devs probably want to keep the code lean, since it'd be executed so often, which is what would complicate it, but not too too much... Very interesting stuff Preacher! I almost want to try it, the idea is really cool, and there's so many ways to go with it. :D

In fact, if you want to do something I'd be glad to help out with code or whatever, but if not I could totally see myself scrapping the current CompatiCock idea in favor of your idea via a tentacle/gel/goo/piece of celise glued to you. What would you call it?

Reactions: Zavos

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Mother of text walls.

Knowing myself I'd probably eventually stick to a name like "TentaFit" as a transformative or even a perk that you'll get once you have any sort of tentacle cock and take the item, cause it's a tentacle and it fits everywhere. I could stick my fingers into the proverbial pie that is TiTS transformative writing but I'm not even sure if I'm good at it, I don't even know if ChiselMe is going to be accepted or not. It's in the submissions if you want to check it out. Don't let me be the cause for you scrapping your Idea but if you truly want to do this I'd say it's worth a shot.