Old Kids TV Shows

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Children's television isn't what it used to be. Once it had coherent plots, good, well timed humor, and some could even be enjoyed by adults. Nowadays it's just of flood of "kooky randomness lol!" (Looking at you, Teen Titans Go). So let us reminisce about the good old days. I'll go first.

Avatar, the last airbender: What's not to love? It's got humor, drama, plot, awesome characters, and intense action. This was back during the golden days of Nickelodeon. You know, when they still slimed people.

Kirby, Right back at ya: yes there was a Kirby TV show. And it was actually pretty good! Kinda hard to find, but someone made a playlist on YouTube of all the episodes, and I'll give a link if anyone is interested.

Hero 108: A bit obscure, but I loved it all the same. Quirky, but in a good way, full of action with some laughs sprinkled in, I remember watching this shows all the time. Definitely worth checking out.

Teen Titans (the original): How could I not mention this? The show was absolute gold. Action, comedy, plot, mph, it was awesome! And now it's memory is being sullied by the rancid pile of retardation that is Teen Titans Go. :( Such a shame.

Star Wars the Clone Wars: started watching this on the tail end of my cartoon days, and I loved every second of it. The succsessor to it, Star Wars Rebels, is pretty good too, from what I've seen.

*Note: I have the memory of a goldfish, so this list will be expanded upon as I start remembering more of them.*

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I hated Hero 108. Also, I think I might be older than you. I've seen all those shows but they were the tail end of my cartoon watching days. I was thinking Gargoyles, the DCAU, and Duck Tales/Darkwing Duck/other Disney cartoons.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
There is still some good stuff that's recent. The new TMNT is pretty good, and of course so is Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
@Tinman I think I must be in the same age bracket as you. I grew up watching shows that were based on toylines. Like Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, James Bond Jr. and a dozen others. But a few of the ones I really remember are Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Batman: The Animated Series and Robocop the Animated series.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Gargoyles probably fueled the reason I'm in places like this in my spare time these days, lmao. Them monster designs were tight, and the female protag was wonderful.

Spiderman and batman from the 90's were also my bag. Younger, totally animaniacs and the loony toons junior series, though I don't know if you can say they were less random.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I forgot about Cadillacs and dinosaurs. That was a pretty trite show that I wanted to love, but then gender was pretty strictly segregated to keep kids like me unable to find a character to empathize with.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
The problem with Gargoyles is they cut them ...

Also now you mention it, aside of the usual, transformers, gijoe, thundercats etc dunno if you knew those...

And even this one maked me puke, right now resurface because the movie

And w.i.t.c.h, winx and the like...

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I haven't time to watch those ATM...but the Valerian cartoon was particularly bad? I want to get my hands on the comics...

Maridia

Dec 14, 2017
My favorites were:

Hey Arnold
Transformers: Armada
Transformers: Cybertron
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Brandy and Mr. Whiskers
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Pokemon (original only)

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
But it was so awesome. 0____0
BUTTERED TOAST.
Not only that, but the fucking 4th wall breaks were the best part of the cartoon in general... in my opinion at least, but I've had many of my friends agree.
Like all of them were done so frequently yet subtly you wouldn't have noticed at a young age and just went along with it, the characters and just the fucking show in general gets meta done in a way it's like natural for the show and isn't all blatant and whatnot and I love that aspect of the cartoon because of that.

Reactions: Maridia

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
I'd have to dust off my rose-tinted glasses while attempting to wax the nostalgia of the shows that I liked in my youth.

Bucky O'Hare
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1980s)
The Centurions
Thundarr the Barbarian
Pirates of Dark Water
Ronin Warriors

Damn I feel old now.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Join the club

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Nebula

Dec 20, 2017
Star Wars the Clone Wars

The best of its kind. Honestly, my hatred for Disney arose the moment when they canceled the series early just to stick a middle finger to their competitors (Cartoon Network). Didn't really like Rebels until it gained a darker tone during the last season, especially when tying loose ends. Oh well, at least the studio released the unfinished Clone Wars season with all the voice acting (which also explains where the empire got the power for their death star)