Nyrea companion and Zil companion

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022
Hello all, new member, somewhat long time lurker here. I had an idea (or 2) that I’ve been mulling over for the past week and wanted to run it past the community for feedback and just to see the viability of it both lore wise and game wise.

Now I know it looks bad for me to try and take on such a huge idea for my first project and, to be honest, I don’t want to start it now but I do want to get the idea out there to gage whether it will even be worth it by the time I get to it.

So like the title implies, I would like to make a Nyrea companion and a Zil (or half zil/half human) companion (or at least make them NPCs to start). The reason why is because the companions from Mhen’ga and Myrellion aren’t really representative of the races you find on those planets (at least as far as I know), like it is on Tarkus where you can find a raskel, gabilini, gray goo, and sex bot companion. So I thought it would be good to start adding companions of the various native races. And since I really like the Zil and the Nyrea, I came up with, what I hope, are solid ideas for them.

My idea for the Nyrea companion (name pending) is basically a tsundere-esque beta who secretly really likes being a bottom. To be more specific, it’s a beta who, like Seifyn, found herself to be constantly harassed and assaulted by stronger Nyrea and grew pretty defensive about being an alpha due to personal pride and shame at enjoying being roughly dominated. However, when the player comes along and “helps her get off” (or maybe she watches you be nice to other Nyrea I.e. the scenes where you domme ride or jack them during missionary), she approaches you about joining her harem, which you can rebuff cause she’s weaker than you and she knows it (or you can accept I guess but I don’t have plans for that yet). Then the player can offer to have her join their harem instead since she can’t seem to leave them alone. Or maybe that leads into dialogue like how Ninian in COC2 works where you get new dialogue every time you beat him and eventually invite him to Hawkethorne. In this case you’d just eventually unlock inviting her onto your ship through the extra dialogue.

Once on your ship, the Nyrea would have a system where you help her become more comfortable with being a bottom through scenes where you show her the joys and pleasures of your dom/domme touches, kisses and penetrations. Maybe also make the scenes more romantic.

Eventually culminates in the Nyrea relaxing which allows her to be less defensive and angry about taking the D and more open for experimentation and more hardcore scenes.

Her dialogue would likely center around her history on Myrellion, maybe her time in a alpha Nyrea’s harem and subsequent escape, her amazement about all the different people she’s met, maybe more amazement when seeing some openly practice pet play, or maybe seeing Steele collar themself up shocks her cause she never imagined someone who is a dom would also like being a sub at times.

I also think it would be interesting if she had a role on the ship too, like Yammy and Pippa , that give actual combat benefits. For example, you could train with her to get a temporary boost to physical stats. Maybe make it so her boost doesn’t go beyond the cap like the drinks on Dhaal to differentiate the two and not make it too broken.

For the Zil companion (name also pending) the simple explanation would be native meets explorer and adventures to the world beyond her home. It would basically be a Pocahontas type of thing. More specifically Pocahontas 2 I think, where Steele finds our Pocahontas stand in, and shows them the different worlds, technology and cultures outside of Mhen’ga. In this case, the Zil companion would be a confidant woman who’s very at ease in her natural habitat, but who’s natural curiosity reveals an almost childlike wonder in the people from the stars and all the things they’ve built and done. I’m not entirely sure about what would trigger her, but eventually Steele encounters her and she convinces (or tries to in any way she can) Steele to take her with you to the stars. From here you’d see dialogue options based on how many planets you took her too and maybe see her around some spots exploring like you see Anno exercising and getting drinks. Sex wise, I don’t see her scenes having any specific themes, though they could be more focused around her using her stinger to really rile up Steele. Or maybe they could involve her “mistaking” everyday items as unorthodox dildos and sex toys and the like.

If this makes it easier to reason her existence as a character, she could also be half human. A daughter of one of the first rushers to the planet who grew up hearing the legends of the starbound people part of her lineage. Maybe this incarnation approaches you because word got back of an alien who was braving the jungle and sexing everything as they go and she wondered if it was her rusher parent coming back for her. And while she’s disappointed you aren’t them, she still implores you to let her on your ship so she can search for her missing parent and also enjoy/learn about a side of her ancestry that she knew anything about.

As for what she brings to the crew, she could bring a consistent (but time dependent) supply of zil honey and maybe you could also milk her venom to do stuff with (Like splashing someone with it as an attack or working as weaker red myr venom).

So give me your thoughts. And don’t worry about telling me this is too much, I know. But as I have no ideas for easier things and, again, I wanted to see what merit this idea has, I’ll probably just work on this in the meanwhile.

TheShepard256

The only thing I see wrong with any of this is the half-zil option: Mhen'ga was discovered way too recently (my best estimate is ~9 months prior to the start of the game) for there to be any half-zil NPCs unless they're babies or half-naleen. That said, not being half-offworlder is by no means an impediment to someone wanting to explore other planets, so full zil will work just fine; there are already at least two zil on Tavros, and I doubt either of them were forced to go there.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Hello all, new member, somewhat long time lurker here. I had an idea (or 2) that I’ve been mulling over for the past week and wanted to run it past the community for feedback and just to see the viability of it both lore wise and game wise.

Now I know it looks bad for me to try and take on such a huge idea for my first project and, to be honest, I don’t want to start it now but I do want to get the idea out there to gage whether it will even be worth it by the time I get to it.

So like the title implies, I would like to make a Nyrea companion and a Zil (or half zil/half human) companion (or at least make them NPCs to start). The reason why is because the companions from Mhen’ga and Myrellion aren’t really representative of the races you find on those planets (at least as far as I know), like it is on Tarkus where you can find a raskel, gabilini, gray goo, and sex bot companion. So I thought it would be good to start adding companions of the various native races. And since I really like the Zil and the Nyrea, I came up with, what I hope, are solid ideas for them.

My idea for the Nyrea companion (name pending) is basically a tsundere-esque beta who secretly really likes being a bottom. To be more specific, it’s a beta who, like Seifyn, found herself to be constantly harassed and assaulted by stronger Nyrea and grew pretty defensive about being an alpha due to personal pride and shame at enjoying being roughly dominated. However, when the player comes along and “helps her get off” (or maybe she watches you be nice to other Nyrea I.e. the scenes where you domme ride or jack them during missionary), she approaches you about joining her harem, which you can rebuff cause she’s weaker than you and she knows it (or you can accept I guess but I don’t have plans for that yet). Then the player can offer to have her join their harem instead since she can’t seem to leave them alone. Or maybe that leads into dialogue like how Ninian in COC2 works where you get new dialogue every time you beat him and eventually invite him to Hawkethorne. In this case you’d just eventually unlock inviting her onto your ship through the extra dialogue.

Once on your ship, the Nyrea would have a system where you help her become more comfortable with being a bottom through scenes where you show her the joys and pleasures of your dom/domme touches, kisses and penetrations. Maybe also make the scenes more romantic.

Eventually culminates in the Nyrea relaxing which allows her to be less defensive and angry about taking the D and more open for experimentation and more hardcore scenes.

Her dialogue would likely center around her history on Myrellion, maybe her time in a alpha Nyrea’s harem and subsequent escape, her amazement about all the different people she’s met, maybe more amazement when seeing some openly practice pet play, or maybe seeing Steele collar themself up shocks her cause she never imagined someone who is a dom would also like being a sub at times.

I also think it would be interesting if she had a role on the ship too, like Yammy and Pippa , that give actual combat benefits. For example, you could train with her to get a temporary boost to physical stats. Maybe make it so her boost doesn’t go beyond the cap like the drinks on Dhaal to differentiate the two and not make it too broken.

For the Zil companion (name also pending) the simple explanation would be native meets explorer and adventures to the world beyond her home. It would basically be a Pocahontas type of thing. More specifically Pocahontas 2 I think, where Steele finds our Pocahontas stand in, and shows them the different worlds, technology and cultures outside of Mhen’ga. In this case, the Zil companion would be a confidant woman who’s very at ease in her natural habitat, but who’s natural curiosity reveals an almost childlike wonder in the people from the stars and all the things they’ve built and done. I’m not entirely sure about what would trigger her, but eventually Steele encounters her and she convinces (or tries to in any way she can) Steele to take her with you to the stars. From here you’d see dialogue options based on how many planets you took her too and maybe see her around some spots exploring like you see Anno exercising and getting drinks. Sex wise, I don’t see her scenes having any specific themes, though they could be more focused around her using her stinger to really rile up Steele. Or maybe they could involve her “mistaking” everyday items as unorthodox dildos and sex toys and the like.

If this makes it easier to reason her existence as a character, she could also be half human. A daughter of one of the first rushers to the planet who grew up hearing the legends of the starbound people part of her lineage. Maybe this incarnation approaches you because word got back of an alien who was braving the jungle and sexing everything as they go and she wondered if it was her rusher parent coming back for her. And while she’s disappointed you aren’t them, she still implores you to let her on your ship so she can search for her missing parent and also enjoy/learn about a side of her ancestry that she knew anything about.

As for what she brings to the crew, she could bring a consistent (but time dependent) supply of zil honey and maybe you could also milk her venom to do stuff with (Like splashing someone with it as an attack or working as weaker red myr venom).

So give me your thoughts. And don’t worry about telling me this is too much, I know. But as I have no ideas for easier things and, again, I wanted to see what merit this idea has, I’ll probably just work on this in the meanwhile.
I really like both of these concepts, as has been pointed out a full blooded Zil would make more sense than a half breed but other than that I don't see any reason why these ideas couldn't work. The only thing that's worrisome is as you point out how ambitious it all is. Not saying that should discourage you but if you're gonna do this take it step by step and don't be afraid to write expacs in the future rather than trying to get it all out in one go.

xenoscene

Jul 1, 2016
The reason why is because the companions from Mhen’ga and Myrellion aren’t really representative of the races you find on those planets (at least as far as I know), like it is on Tarkus where you can find a raskel, gabilini, gray goo, and sex bot companion. So I thought it would be good to start adding companions of the various native races.

If this is your primary motive, it might be easier on you to write a preexisting zil or nyrea character as a companion.

I know Seifyn isn't tsundere, but you could do something similar to what you were describing where you get her more comfortable with sex and build up her self-esteem. There's already a bit in her dialogue where Steele asks her if she would leave and her response if basically "I could, but living alone in the caves is scary and dangerous, and I'd rather put up with this even though it sucks".

Idk how you feel about writing a male character (aside from Seifyn :)), but I've seen people expressing an interest in Able as a companion too. I like your idea for your zil's character, though. She sounds really cute and I'd love to see her!

Lone Wolf115

If this is your primary motive, it might be easier on you to write a preexisting zil or nyrea character as a companion.

I know Seifyn isn't tsundere, but you could do something similar to what you were describing where you get her more comfortable with sex and build up her self-esteem. There's already a bit in her dialogue where Steele asks her if she would leave and her response if basically "I could, but living alone in the caves is scary and dangerous, and I'd rather put up with this even though it sucks".

Idk how you feel about writing a male character (aside from Seifyn :)), but I've seen people expressing an interest in Able as a companion too. I like your idea for your zil's character, though. She sounds really cute and I'd love to see her!
Why would Seifyn leave, he's talking about making a whole new character anyway. Seifyn has no reason to leave either and is loyal to the Queen. It would be easier to make whole new character.

@Manbaby it sounds like your Nyrean is based off of Berwyn from CoC2. Nothing wrong with it. I so like the idea of more natives of the worlds you go to but for the Zil I'm thinking more of a half zil half Naleen considering the two races mostly fighting each other a lot.

xenoscene

Jul 1, 2016
Why would Seifyn leave, he's talking about making a whole new character anyway. Seifyn has no reason to leave either and is loyal to the Queen. It would be easier to make whole new character.

He did say he was planning on making new characters, but the reasoning he gave for this was because they belonged to a particular species. I was suggesting writing a preexisting NPC as a companion because it would cut down on the amount of writing he would have to do, since its his first project. But if writing a new character makes you happy, then you should do it! Regardless of how much work it is, it’s much more fulfilling to write about characters you feel emotionally invested in.

You’re right that Seifyn is loyal to Queen Taivra, but I got the impression that she was just trying to convince herself she was happy. She reminded me of someone who’s stuck in an unhappy marriage but doesn’t want to leave because they’re scared of being alone. Despite bearing her children, Seifyn says that the Queen barely recognizes her and that they haven’t slept together in years.

None of this is to say that anybody needs to write Seifyn as a companion. I just think she makes a good candidate for one because, honestly, she deserves better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manbaby

Lone Wolf115

You’re right that Seifyn is loyal to Queen Taivra, but I didn’t get the impression that she was particularly happy. She reminded me of someone who’s stuck in an unhappy marriage but doesn’t want to leave because they’re scared of being alone. Despite bearing her children, Seifyn says that the Queen barely recognizes her and that they haven’t slept together in years.

None of this is to say that anybody needs to write Seifyn as a companion. I just think she makes a good candidate for one because, honestly, she deserves better.
It's not like any leader would remember everyone under their rule/command and you do have valid points but he is just upset, and by Nyrena standards Seifyn is male but not like it really matters but some people would probably correct you.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022
The only thing I see wrong with any of this is the half-zil option: Mhen'ga was discovered way too recently (my best estimate is ~9 months prior to the start of the game) for there to be any half-zil NPCs unless they're babies or half-naleen. That said, not being half-offworlder is by no means an impediment to someone wanting to explore other planets, so full zil will work just fine; there are already at least two zil on Tavros, and I doubt either of them were forced to go there.
I hadn’t realized there was a second Zil on Tavros, but I thought the zil sex worker only left cause she was taken as part of a harem and was then abandoned …which now that I think about it really doesn’t mean she was forced off Mhen’ga.

Not that I’m particularly partial to a half zil over full zil but would it be possible for a human to have crash landed on Mhen’ga decades ago before the rush and maybe just died there after having a kid? Or would that be two sketchy with what we know about star travel, like humans wouldn’t have dared to travel to that part of the galaxy yet? It’s been a while since I’ve read the backstory to the setting (maybe years tbh) so I’m just unsure.

Only reason I ask is I feel giving the zil a specific goal to work towards besides a generic one you do passively seems more compelling. And I could see the zil still trying to find out more about her human parent’s extended family.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022
He did say he was planning on making new characters, but the reasoning he gave for this was because they belonged to a particular species. I was suggesting writing a preexisting NPC as a companion because it would cut down on the amount of writing he would have to do, since its his first project. But if writing a new character makes you happy, then you should do it! Regardless of how much work it is, it’s much more fulfilling to write about characters you feel emotionally invested in.

You’re right that Seifyn is loyal to Queen Taivra, but I got the impression that she was just trying to convince herself she was happy. She reminded me of someone who’s stuck in an unhappy marriage but doesn’t want to leave because they’re scared of being alone. Despite bearing her children, Seifyn says that the Queen barely recognizes her and that they haven’t slept together in years.

I don’t actually have a problem with your suggestion. I mean, I honestly wasn’t trying to do this as my first project, I just had the idea and wanted to get feedback before I started writing it in my spare time.

My only concern with your suggestion is that it would still be writing a companion, but now I’d have to get permission from the character’s author to continue writing them and to write them in a certain way. I guess it feels like I’m trading work load for less creative freedom if that makes sense.

But I totally agree that Seifyn (and to a greater extent, male nyrea) deserves way more love. Nyrea are my favorite race in the game and it’s a little sad that half the race is just unavailable.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022
I don’t actually have a problem with your suggestion. I mean, I honestly wasn’t trying to do this as my first project, I just had the idea and wanted to get feedback before I started writing it in my spare time.

My only concern with your suggestion is that it would still be writing a companion, but now I’d have to get permission from the character’s author to continue writing them and to write them in a certain way. I guess it feels like I’m trading work load for less creative freedom if that makes sense.

But I totally agree that Seifyn (and to a greater extent, male nyrea) deserves way more love. Nyrea are my favorite race in the game and it’s a little sad that half the race is just unavailable.
But I will also add, another major reason why I chose Beta Nyrea is for my own personal pleasure. I really like the idea of there being companions from each native race of a planet, but the reason I’m even suggesting writing all of this is because I wanted to have a bottom beta in the game.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022

@Manbaby it sounds like your Nyrean is based off of Berwyn from CoC2. Nothing wrong with it. I so like the idea of more natives of the worlds you go to but for the Zil I'm thinking more of a half zil half Naleen considering the two races mostly fighting each other a lot.
If I had to quote any inspiration for my Nyrean, besides personal kinks, I’d say it was Etheryn tbh. Just a Ryn who’s angry and defensive instead of shy and timid. Both eventually working into being more confident in who they are. But if that sounds a lot like Berwyn then I should read through his stuff for examples. Good thing I always recruit him despite never doing anything with him…

I figured it would be better to make a naleen npc of their own but I suppose it wouldn’t be a bad idea to consider a zil/naleen mix. Especially since every Naleen Npc I think up just seems like Anno with a snake bottom half.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022

If I had to quote any inspiration for my Nyrean, besides personal kinks, I’d say it was Etheryn tbh. Just a Ryn who’s angry and defensive instead of shy and timid. Both eventually working into being more confident in who they are. But if that sounds a lot like Berwyn then I should read through his stuff for examples. Good thing I always recruit him despite never doing anything with him…

I figured it would be better to make a naleen npc of their own but I suppose it wouldn’t be a bad idea to consider a zil/naleen mix. Especially since every Naleen Npc I think up just seems like Anno with a snake bottom half.

Lone Wolf115

I can say that your Nyrena is definitely more like Berwyn he acts a lot like your idea. Complete buttslut in denial.

I'm not sure about them being like Anno or how you got that but ok after suggesting a Zil/Naleen I'm trying to figure out exactly what that would be, legs = snake, upper body unknown.

TheShepard256

I hadn’t realized there was a second Zil on Tavros, but I thought the zil sex worker only left cause she was taken as part of a harem and was then abandoned …which now that I think about it really doesn’t mean she was forced off Mhen’ga.
I don't know about her backstory, but the second one tries to steal Fisianna away from Steele during one of their dates. Either Steele or Fisi, depending on the former's Willpower, punches him in the face for it.
Not that I’m particularly partial to a half zil over full zil but would it be possible for a human to have crash landed on Mhen’ga decades ago before the rush and maybe just died there after having a kid? Or would that be two sketchy with what we know about star travel, like humans wouldn’t have dared to travel to that part of the galaxy yet? It’s been a while since I’ve read the backstory to the setting (maybe years tbh) so I’m just unsure.
Now that I think about it, it's possible - the Nova on Tarkus provides evidence for that. The only way for a human (or any other spacefaring race) to have gotten to Mhen'ga prior to the Planet Rush would have been to slow-boat there, since the Warp Gate (which is the only known method of FTL travel in the setting) didn't arrive until recently. Since humans used slow-boating ships to colonise other worlds before being connected to the Warp Gate network, it's possible one of them was either sent to Mhen'ga (unlikely, since unlike the Nova, there's no evidence of any prior human presence on the planet) or passed it by and a human somehow got onto the planet with no way back (more likely, since a single escape pod would be a lot easier to overlook than an entire colony ship).

Ultimately, I suppose you'd have to ask Fenoxo about the viability of such an option; I'm just speculating here.

Manbaby

Mar 12, 2022
I
I can say that your Nyrena is definitely more like Berwyn he acts a lot like your idea. Complete buttslut in denial.

I'm not sure about them being like Anno or how you got that but ok after suggesting a Zil/Naleen I'm trying to figure out exactly what that would be, legs = snake, upper body unknown.
I meant personality wise every Naleen I think up seems like Anno and I figured they should be more than just an Anno clone with a different body.

I’d imagine they’d have a snake lower half with a zil top and color scheme. Or maybe look entirely Naleen with antenna and with gold and black skin.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

TheShepard256

I’d imagine they’d have a snake lower half with a zil top and color scheme. Or maybe look entirely Naleen with antenna and with gold and black skin.
Naleen Codex entry said:
Half-Naleen, half-Zil have from time to time been reported, though these winged snake-cat-wasp creatures are rare and cumbersome.
This is literally everything we know about these particular hybrids. I take it to mean that they have a naleen's lower body and ears, and a zil's wings and chitin (possibly even on their serpentine lower half); feel free to make your own interpretation.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States

The Nyrea thing is interesting, if only because we do have some missing room in regards to stat training. There is no aim trainer in the game, aside from the Mhen'ga Scout, but he is stuck on a planet and isn't as efficient as Syri in training. I also just in general like the character concept.

The Pocahontas thing for a Zil sounds like a very interesting concept, especially since the friendly female zil you meet in the wilderness is a good example of a friendly Zil that wants to interact on friendly terms with other rushers, but it'd be better since we already have a lot of bees. Perhaps you could recruit via repeat sex encounters on Vanae Maidens instead? I'd prefer Vanae though for reasons listed below.

Also, it has already happened in TITS that other races such as the Zil have made it to places beyond Mhen'ga, they're just not written in much. Really, a lot of the early races are kinda ignored, such as the Vanae. When you've given birth to the Water Queens, a Nyrea in service of the Water Queen that impregnated you shows up to your nursery to help care for her spawn. A Zil male shows up attempting to use lust pheromones to drug Fisianna into a lustful haze during one of your dates with her. There is Zil Nigh The Science Bi, although it is questionable in regards to said Zil's own freedom. There's also Zheniya, and Zil(presumably Able) also makes an appearance in that smut thing with the cock rating girl.

Granted, that is about it, but that is not to say there has been a lack of content regarding the rush planets. I'd actually prefer the Pocahontas idea to be a Vanae instead of a Zil species, because there's so little Vanae content in the game. Only 2 instances of it exist outside of Mhen'ga, and one of them has this completely random and weird variant of the Vanae get introduced into the game. I think it is called Sca'nae or something? On Uveto, with the other one being Adeline, beyond that though no Vanae content.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
My idea for the Nyrea companion (name pending) is basically a tsundere-esque beta who secretly really likes being a bottom. To be more specific, it’s a beta who, like Seifyn, found herself to be constantly harassed and assaulted by stronger Nyrea and grew pretty defensive about being an alpha due to personal pride and shame at enjoying being roughly dominated.
This is a minor point, but Seifyn is not a beta. Seifyn is male. Betas are female, typically solitary nyrea who do not possess a harem and may even be subjugated by an alpha (see some of Queen Taivra's lust relief messages in battle).

This is not meant as a knock against your idea, though. I'm always interested in more (and more exotic) followers.

Mar 7, 2021
One option for a zil companion would be the generic female Zil Steele encounters while moving around the jungle on Mhen'ga. Steele can impregnate her and it's possible to run into her later. After running into her and discovering she's pregnant, she could give her name and ask to come with you. It would make sense for her to want to stick around her baby daddy, after all. After that, well, there are plenty of female Zil around, so you could still have that generic encounter, but the whole pregnancy and recruitment path would be locked after that point.

Her character, history, and personality could be fleshed out while she's on your ship. Maybe she's a seamstress or something and can make unique clothes, or maybe she bottles and sells her honey (and gives it to you for free in limited amounts) and gives you a cut. That cut can be increased by giving her various gene mods to increase her lactation and pussy wetness. Obvious examples are the various lactaid mods, slutshroom, and maybe soak.