Nuke-proof build and party comp?

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021
Been getting way too many gameovers recently and i've been meaning to ask if you folks have your fave all-around-strong builds and party compositions?

I used to run around alot with Witch Gear Cait and Chieftain Armor Arona for a good balance of healz and physical dps to compliment the classic Song of Splendor+Allure Mirror Stancing Charmer until I find out I lose out on nuke race bosses and mobs with this on the first try.

So what's your new favorite builds and comps? I could use some that would leave me at least hale and hearty for subsequent fights.

Recently i've been enjoying teaming up with Queenly Rainment Ryn + Brienne (thunderstrike is surprisingly reliable) and Agni + Atugia (buffs + defences)

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
cait original dress, etheryn, and brint are all solid choices, and if your a charmer, bolstering dance and song of courage are powerful stances

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
which set is preferable? i tend to ignore the one with the eagle as i tend to have aoe covered with my charmer

why exactly? in which encounters would +10 evasion and mental resistance be essential?
either works for etheryn because group heal

bolstering dance also heals the party every turn and +10 for both is strong

also things like the mares ring, everblossom hood, fire jewel and evergreen pouch should help keep you in the fight aswell

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Mirror Stancing Charmer
That is probably the problem. Mirror Stance instantly sets your threat to maximum level. Enemies always target the party member with the highest threat. Meaning, they will always target you. If you are not build for survivability, facetanking is a very bad idea. I bet that if you remove mirror stance, you will have way less game overs.

What is your gear and stats?

which set is preferable?
I prefer Queenly rayments. Ryn will be a heal/bless bot, but can deal quite alot of dmg, since her weapon has amazing stats.

For Arona I would suggest her spirit totem set. The main problem with her other sets is, that she can't hit shit (total accuracy of 9!). Spirit totem deals massive physical and holy dmg and has a ranged power for flying enemies.

Brint/Briennes Arena set is amazing. I would argue it is there best set.

For party comps:

Queenly Raiment Ryn + Spirit totem Arona or Arena Brint/Brienne is in my opinion the best all purpose combo. I use both Arona and Brint/Brienne when I'm the healer. With this setup, you only lose if you are very fragile and purposefully draw enemy aggro.

Last edited:

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021
That is probably the problem. Mirror Stance instantly sets your threat to maximum level. Enemies always target the party member with the highest threat. Meaning, they will always target you. If you are not build for survivability, facetanking is a very bad idea. I bet that if you remove mirror stance, you will have way less game overs.

What is your gear and stats?
I mirror stance because I never know what special ability I might miss stealing from NPCs (i'm looking at you Gunvaldsen). I practically just stack Crit (i now have a massive rack from the Hornet Ring despite roleplaying as an incel) and Temptation. with some Sexiness on the side. Elsewise I just use gear like kyubi suggests for survivability
also things like the mares ring, everblossom hood, fire jewel and evergreen pouch should help keep you in the fight aswell

And it used to work too, before the new nuke race mobs and bosses
For Arona I would suggest her spirit totem set. The main problem with her other sets is, that she can't hit shit (total accuracy of 9!). Spirit totem deals massive physical and holy dmg and has a ranged power for flying enemies.

whoa this is actually the first time i've herd that Spirit Totem is actually viable outside ghosts. but then again, I never really tried it as I really like Chieftain Bronze set. Thanks! Would try asap

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Spirit Totem is actually viable outside ghosts
Holy is currently the best dmg type by far. Because a) almost no enemy has holy resist and b) demons have a 100% holy weakness and are one of the most common enemies after winter city. This is why charge weapon is so powerfull. And since the stance powers activate automatically, charge weapon is even stronger and both spirit totem Arona and Hexleather Cait got a shadow buff.

I practically just stack Crit (i now have a massive rack from the Hornet Ring despite roleplaying as an incel) and Temptation. with some Sexiness on the side. Elsewise I just use gear like kyubi suggests for survivability
Two items I HIGHLY recommend are the "royal leathers" for the armor slot and the "rosebloom shield" from the beehive.

Royal leathers is a light armor so it works with the Stylish perk of the charmer. It has also base 20 sexiness and with 60 armor and 50 (!) ward the best defensive stats of all non-heavy armors. And 20 evasion, beacuse why not.

The rosebloom shield gives gives 10 sexiness and crit immunity (like all shields). The special effect converts all your tease dmg to phereomone dmg. Enemies with the beast taxomony, like minotaurs or vulpines have a 75% pheromone weakness. Other enemies can be weak to pheromon dmg as well, like the Jotuns with a 50% weakness.

These weaknesses are listed in the enemie stats, you can acces with the sense action during combat. If you encounter an enemy, that is highly resistend to pheromone dmg, just unequip the rosebloom shield mid combat.

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021
Holy is currently the best dmg type by far. Because a) almost no enemy has holy resist and b) demons have a 100% holy weakness and are one of the most common enemies after winter city. This is why charge weapon is so powerfull. And since the stance powers activate automatically, charge weapon is even stronger and both spirit totem Arona and Hexleather Cait got a shadow buff.

Two items I HIGHLY recommend are the "royal leathers" for the armor slot and the "rosebloom shield" from the beehive.

Royal leathers is a light armor so it works with the Stylish perk of the charmer. It has also base 20 sexiness and with 60 armor and 50 (!) ward the best defensive stats of all non-heavy armors. And 20 evasion, beacuse why not.

The rosebloom shield gives gives 10 sexiness and crit immunity (like all shields). The special effect converts all your tease dmg to phereomone dmg. Enemies with the beast taxomony, like minotaurs or vulpines have a 75% pheromone weakness. Other enemies can be weak to pheromon dmg as well, like the Jotuns with a 50% weakness.

These weaknesses are listed in the enemie stats, you can acces with the sense action during combat. If you encounter an enemy, that is highly resistend to pheromone dmg, just unequip the rosebloom shield mid combat.
Those tips are beautiful. Thank you!

Re: Royal Leathers, should I replace my temptation armor slot in favor of the defensives from this?