NPC Pregnancy Questions

TayJK

May 19, 2017
With the Pregnancy article a bit incomplete, I decided to go through the Encounters menu and looked at who I could knock up that I hadn't already. I noticed three people that has the line "Times Impregnated" after them: Vanae Huntress, Vanae Maiden and Milodan Temptress. But under the Other section of Stats, no accompanied Sired listing. What's going on?

Can we knock up Dr. Teyaal? I know both she and her daughter Sela can knock the PC up, and you can impregnate Sela, but can you do the same to her mother?

How long does a Shalin Shaman pregnancy last? In my game she's currently 270 days pregnant, which seems a lot for what I am presuming is an egg laying race. She's listed as having Wasteland Encounters, so does that imply she has non wasteland encounters, where she might let me take her child to the Nursery?

How long does Nusha's (the Gabilani Chemist on Dhaal) pregnancy last?
On a similar note, how long does Sylvie's pregnancy last? I am working on a chart, so I might update the Pregnancy article.

Feruze mentioned on Dhaal I got her pregnant, but she put the child in some sort of artificial womb. Is there any plans for me to resolve this plot thread?

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
Can we knock up Dr. Teyaal? I know both she and her daughter Sela can knock the PC up, and you can impregnate Sela, but can you do the same to her mother?
i meant to test this myself last week, and i still have the saves for it, so i'll be able to update it tomorrow.

How long does a Shalin Shaman pregnancy last? In my game she's currently 270 days pregnant, which seems a lot for what I am presuming is an egg laying race. She's listed as having Wasteland Encounters, so does that imply she has non wasteland encounters, where she might let me take her child to the Nursery?

How long does Nusha's (the Gabilani Chemist on Dhaal) pregnancy last?
On a similar note, how long does Sylvie's pregnancy last? I am working on a chart, so I might update the Pregnancy article.
these i can also check and update tomorrow
Feruze mentioned on Dhaal I got her pregnant, but she put the child in some sort of artificial womb. Is there any plans for me to resolve this plot thread?
i also have a save ready to test this and confirm. ive been told that she sends it to briget to incubate, however

Reactions: TayJK

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
You cannot impregnate Dr. Teyaal. The Shalin Shaman's pregnancy isn't really implemented, so it will "last" until the next time you impregnate her - she will never deliver. The Vanae Huntress, Vanae Maiden and Milodan Temptress don't have any content either; the counter is all that there is, and you won't see their offspring in the nursery. Nor will you see Feruze's kid after Bridget finished gestating it, nor will you see the Kui-Tan hybrid from Dhaal ever show up in the nursery.
You have to remember this game is much like a Hollywood "Old-West" set - there are lots of facades, but there's nothing behind them - there's lots of stuff that looks like it might lead somewhere, but there's nothing coded behind it.

Reactions: TayJK

TayJK

May 19, 2017
You have to remember this game is much like a Hollywood "Old-West" set - there are lots of facades, but there's nothing behind them - there's lots of stuff that looks like it might lead somewhere, but there's nothing coded behind it.
Oh, I am very well aware of the limits of TiTS. I was an original Offbeatr backer. I remember when the game was just Tavros and the first Probe world who I don't want to look up how to spell.

Also, while the good doctor Teyaal can knock Steele up, under sired her kids count as generic Gryvain.

TayJK

May 19, 2017
The Shalin Shaman's pregnancy isn't really implemented, so it will "last" until the next time you impregnate her - she will never deliver.
Note that it appears Briha (the Red Myr deserter in No Myr's Land) also appears to have a pregnancy day counter that never stops going up. After giving birth, she hangs onto her child until you next encounter her, sending the child to the Nursery and zeroing the counter.

With most everything else done in my current save, I am focusing on birthing lots of offspring. I am currently waiting for all the NPCs currently pregnant (down to just Amber and Ula) to give birth so I don't miss anything while staying with my Frostwyrm eggs for a year.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The Shalin Shaman's pregnancy isn't really implemented, so it will "last" until the next time you impregnate her - she will never deliver.

I wrote a scene where you encounter the Shaman nesting some time after you impregnate her, a scene Adjatha decided to cut because the gestation period meant it happened a long time after you knocked her up. However it appears Leek programmed her to 'appear' pregnant anyway with no payoff, so we've wound up with the worst of both worlds there. Good work team.