Now that the level 7 updates been out for a bit. How are your builds coming along?

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
I've got a pretty fun thief debuff build that I've been playing with. Companions are fire Brianne and Queen Ryn. Basically it turns into two turns of blessed fireballs with 50% down fire resistance.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Oh boy howdy, is my spellblade a higher-risk, higher-reward now.

I'm post Ryn/Dracia quest. And wound up keeping Arona and HealRyn as a mainstay in my party. Arona is now perma on spirit totem. Because watching her drop a random Smite makes me giggle.

So now I'm rocking Charge Weapon, Flashfire, Powerwave, Deadly Shadow, and Assassinate.

For most things. Flashfire primes two negative status effects, and that's enough for twist the knifes boost to let me bop it hard in the face with Ashe. For tougher fights dropping deadly shadow into flashfire for 4 fucking debuffs REALLY makes my crits do wonderful things.

What makes the magic happen is the Royal Robe from Floof-Husbando, the Firejade from my other favorite Red-haired floof (spellpower and crit), and this lovely crown I got as a present recently.

The hardest part for this build for me, is Powerwave. I love its speed (it's just a recharge 1), I love that it counts as ranged for flyers, and having Storm damage on top of Bludgeoning, Fire, and Holy means I have nice weakness coverage to ensure my crits still hit a wide variety of things really hard.

But the new quest gave me two abilities that I can choose between: shielding smite (more fire damage for Robe bonus, plus makes entire party more tanky), or Searing Arc (yo Dawgs, I heard you like fire damage...).

So both of them compete with Powerwave for the slot.

I know there are better weapon options for me, i just refuse to put down Ashe... ever. Any weapon who screams like a giddy child when I crit with it, deserves to never leave my hand.

Reactions: A1teros

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Yeah my champ is running Lay on Hands, Grease, Primal Scar, Resplendent Aria, and Revive. You set up the fire debuff (Grease for AOE & Primal Scar for single target) and Ryn puts up a 2 turn blessing. Brianne Fireball or Flare and then does again with your Resplendent Aria on the next turn.

Max Agility, Toughness, and Presence with Presence getting +3 starting bonus.

I tank gear with max leadership so I can put threat off Brianne with Lay on Hands.

Last edited:

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
AoE Black Mage with Hexblade Cait and Healer Ryn. Recent updates changed this for me:
Arcane Penetration is a nice enough buff;
Dawnbreak replaced Vitality Reap as Encounter blast spell;
Biggus Piggus replaced Flame Spirit as Summon (not a fan of summons, but I feel like they're better for prolonged or multi-phase encounters);
Dischord fix put some doubts about its worth in my head, but I still keep it around as my primary blast spell.

Additionally, I've learned about Regal Kimono and tweaked it to have Tiran Vestments stats and gave it to myself early (and without romancing Tetsuya :cool:).
This made me switch from Arc Cannon to Fireball and from Shadow Magic to Blight Orb for level 4 Gytha stuff. Wouldn't recommend Fireball over Arc Cannon for anyone that isn't a boreal elf without it (nor Blight Orb over Shadow Magic for Gytha).

Also, I haven't tested it, but due to the way Arcane Penetration works I'm considering Shatter as a replacement for Dischord.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I've been really enjoying My valkyrie bruiser (tho whether they maintain that role is up in the air cuz they're hitting really hard after rynquest) I'll spoiler the reasons why since it's a lot of stuff from the new dungeon.

My weapon of choice currently is Cloudforger and my headwear is Crown of Winter(my queen wanted me to have a crown too how could I refuse) for the dawnbreak ability.

I basically open with Dawnbreak, follow up with Celestial Form, Blessing from Ryn, and then depending on whether it's a group or single target, use a simple cleave or sunstrike. It's a lot of flat damage stacking and sunstrike ends up looking a bit like this:

1681525459615.png

Combined with cloak of winter for the extra defenses when healed, the 72 shield hp from celestial form, vigor aurora in case of emergency, she's also really hard to kill, even when I bumped up to dark mode. Then again that may just be because there's no dedicated level 7 area yet.

I'm considering swapping azzy for agni just to see how that extra fire damage from her at-will interacts. maybe throw in a naptha for extra shenanigans.

1681527031998.png

it's shenanigans alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacremas

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
Pretty damn good. Thx to those new melee spellblade spells and the new summons(Im going powerful binding), shit is going pretty good. Using the dawnblade with s.gladius to go with the new reaping blade and searing arc. Now Ive just gotta figure out what's the best summon to go with Hexblade Cait and Royal Ryn. Im leaning towards the big ass fuck off boar, they seem pretty damn cracked.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
Reaping Blade + Steady Strike + Charge Weapon+ Flames Within with Galon's Griefmaker is rocking so far. A lot of self sustain, Reaping blade hits and restores my entire health bar. Charge weapon gives me holy damage for Demons, Flame's Within is basically going Devil Trigger and buffing everything and you can reduce the fire damage taken with fire resist. Only thing I can't decide is Unbreakable vs Assassinate.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
Reaping Blade + Steady Strike + Charge Weapon+ Flames Within with Galon's Griefmaker is rocking so far. A lot of self sustain, Reaping blade hits and restores my entire health bar. Charge weapon gives me holy damage for Demons, Flame's Within is basically going Devil Trigger and buffing everything and you can reduce the fire damage taken with fire resist. Only thing I can't decide is Unbreakable vs Assassinate.
I'd go with unbreakable, but then again I like my ultimates to be the oh shit button.

Zarkrai

Sep 30, 2021
What's Reaping Blade and how do I get it?

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
What's Reaping Blade and how do I get it?
Recharge skill that deals blight damage and leeches health from the enemy. You get it by using mirror stance and getting hit by it yourself vs
Dragon knight/Gytha
in the RynQuest.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I usually prioritize tankiness above all else and tough skin is super awesome for that.

Stats

Unbenannt 3.JPG

Equip

Unbenannt.JPG

The thief skill for double debuff duration is extremly potent with group stuns like grease. Not only are enemies prone for 2 turns, but enemies with stance abilities always try to renable them ASAP. Which in turn means that some enemies burn 3 turns doing nothing.

Summon Talsenne is by far my favourite summon. Power wave and celestial smite are very strong powers on their own. But song of storms is stupid good, especially since she is smart enough to buff your damage dealing party members.

Talsenne stats

Tals.JPG

Equip On presence min/max Black mage with powerfull binding.

Lead.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacremas

WiseWalker

Mar 13, 2021
I usually prioritize tankiness above all else and tough skin is super awesome for that.

The thief skill for double debuff duration is extremly potent with group stuns like grease. Not only are enemies prone for 2 turns, but enemies with stance abilities always try to renable them ASAP. Which in turn means that some enemies burn 3 turns doing nothing.

Summon Talsenne is by far my favourite summon. Power wave and celestial smite are very strong powers on their own. But song of storms is stupid good, especially since she is smart enough to buff your damage dealing party members.

Talsenne stats

View attachment 30155

Equip On presence min/max Black mage with powerfull binding.

View attachment 30156
Who/what is talsenne?

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Who/what is talsenne?
A hidden summon from the ring of fates quest. The power requires level 7. It could be aquired before the last patch, but not equipped.

To get the power you need to:

1. Play the ring of fates quest. At some point you have to put the jade teardrop in a door to open it.
2. Get the ring.
3. Defeat the Vaccia and Bruno/Ligma mini-boss.
4. IMPORTANT: Go back to the door and remove the jade teardrop!!! It will appear under key items, not normal inventory.
5. Finish the quest as normal.
6. After some time you should get a event where your Character puts the jade teardrop into the ring of fates. Next time you sleep Talsenne will appear in your dreams and you will get the summon power. You can also fuck her at the wayfort summoning circle.

IIdarkfireII

Aug 16, 2020
I use the titanic hat, bodysuit, two lucky strikes, sheildsplitter, cloak of winter, and I have blue flame blade, cleave, steady strike, deadly shadow, and assasinate. My thief demolishes almost every encounter in 1-2 hits.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I started using Charge weapon and dual wielding (I cheated so I can use Ashelander and Wings of Asira together but the build works just fine with Dawnsword + Asira, imagine not having Ashe though) and it's been pretty great. Charge Weapon + Power Wave + Cleave + Assassinate is a great set, Dawnbreak gives me AOE while Dastardly Trick gives me a stun for CC so I swap as necessary. You could also swap Cleave for Soul Arrow if you're up against a single target boss and could use survivability.

Hexblade Cait and Queen Ryn are companions, particularly because if I'm in a dungeon and need even more survivability over damage I can just swap Cait to her witch set. Agility/Spellpower/Strength as stats with as much offensive gear as I can take, use a presence or cunning drink if I remember to. Notably Rings of Fortune are pretty great giving penetration and crit stats.

Black Mage's Level 7 perk arcane penetration is pretty great since it just gives you free damage with no prerequisites so that's what I run. Twist the knife requires I land a debuff and I'd just rather not spend a turn on that if I can.