Nova shields

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I don't think it does anything unless you try and finish off the Goo Prime (I've never chosen that option myself).

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
If you blow up Tarkus by fucking up the Stellar Tether, then Novahome will survive the experience much more intact if the shields were on.  In particular Aurora won't get sucked out the giant hole in the side of her room and die horribly in the vacuum of space.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
If you blow up Tarkus by fucking up the Stellar Tether, then Novahome will survive the experience much more intact if the shields were on.  In particular Aurora won't get sucked out the giant hole in the side of her room and die horribly in the vacuum of space.

Poor child-bat.

...Or bat-child?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
You sure about that Couch? I don't remember anything about bat-loli NOT getting sucked into space.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
No, you're right.

If the shields are up, Tarkus is completely intact and Aurora doesn't die.

I think that might be how it should have been given all her followup context (she still loses her shop, but she should be found in the Mess if she survived, right?)--though as it functions in-game right now, the shields do nothing and it's only whether or not Steele has met Aurora pre-explosion to determine if she is still alive after the explosion happens. This may need to be bug reported if it is incorrect--actually Aurora might need some bug/typo/consistency fixan in general with her encounter (she also mentions Anno, the "scared-y dog-lady with the guns" as helping with the ship emergency repairs when Anno could have been with Steele off-planet when Tarkus asploded...).

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I dunno I only ran through it once.

First time I never met Aurora and let the bomb explode, but I never did Anno's mission to turn on the shields...

Everything was intact, even Aurora's shop.

There may be multiple factors at play here, like whether or not you met Aurora and/or Anno, if you're still in the wild when the bomb goes off.

Aurora seems to survive with her shop no matter what if you blow up the planet before meeting her.

I'll run through the quest a few more times to make sure.

Alright:

If you only beat Tam and leave after being notified about the bomb:

Tam informs you it was just a bluff, the Captain thanks you for not killing Tam, and they said they would set off the bomb if I went to fight the rest of them. Oh and fuck me for taking Tam-Wolf from her and I'm lucky she had a spare or she'd be super pissed at me. Oh, and she thinks we should should each other again sometime.

Did not meet Anno or Aurora and beat one of the other members.

Bomb goes off, Aurora is nowhere to be seen. Her shop is gone. Aurora is not mentioned at all.