Not sure if Glitch

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
I am having a small problem. I have a gryvain hermaphrodite character who i'd like to have a fully-functioning Nyrean penis with full oviposition as well as aphrodisiac semen. However, once I eat enough of the candy to reach fertility (and the message popping up informs me of so) The very next step I take tell me that the eggs get absorbed back into my body. It happens a lot and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help would be very much appreciated, I just wanna go around the galaxy laying eggs in people's orifices.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I think your character needs to have a nyrean score of 3 or higher to retain the nyrean eggs status.

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
I get that, and my character already has that I'm pretty sure. I have had her eat a lot of the nyrean candy and she has enough score to even *get* the nyrean penis as well as the ability to produce eggs. As soon as she moves however, the popup telling me she doesn't have enough genes comes up and the ability goes away. I think it might have something to do with the fact that she still has wings and scaly skin, or maybe something to do with some code with the spider suit from the recent Halloween update.

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
I have read that before, which is why I came here. For all the +1s, my character should not lose the egg-growing things as soon as she moves, because she already *got* them. Do you see what I'm saying?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Post your save, maybe an admin should shove over to bug forum, but otherwise it seems just saying what's wrong isn't working to your benefit.

Open game and file, select "Save File" instead of save, attach the .tits file created to a post.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
This is due to your character's nyrea score being a total of 1 from what I can gather (only the sylvan ears counted).

To work around the score requirement, I have added another transformation within the Nyrean Candy item that will have a 1/3 chance of triggering if your character already has the Nyrea Eggs status effect (which your character currently has). Within the transformation, there is a 1/5 chance to give a perk that permanently applies the Nyrea Eggs status (bypasses the racial score check), otherwise it will boost the nyrea egg production (how many eggs are produced a day and how many are expelled per orgasm). When it is live, you may have to save scum a bit to get the desired perk.

Reactions: braincoral

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
Thank you very much. You have been so helpful, because Nyrean genes are the only ones that get an ovipositor, which I'd like for the character. I'd also like to ask if any addictive semens will be added as well, because I had an idea for a bothroic-modded up character going around webbing people and laying eggs in them. The bothroics are my favorite race so far, with a close second being the mind-wasps.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Similar to SSTDs, I don't think there are any plans to add addictive content that comes from the player character as there will be little to no support content where the player character interacts with other characters. There can be addictive content for a non-playable character, however, since that is easier to isolate it to just interactions with the player character. As such, the player character can produce any fluid, including red myr venom, but that fluid can't be addictive, or at least can't cause any obvious addictive tendencies to other characters.

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
Oh no, I didn't expect so. It'd be hard to impliment something like that. I just got excited about the idea of it after seeing the Dzaan have it. I'm just glad you could help with the Nyrean dong, the only one that is a n ovipositor, knotted, and shoot aphrodesiacs.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
It should be up in the latest release (I think both public and backers by now).

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
Just in case, what is the name of the perk? I've been trying off and on to just *inhale* as many nyrea rock candies as I can but they never seem to get and perks. Half of the time they don't work. My goal here is to get the ovipositing purple-shooting dong while still having wings, which has happened like once or twice but as soon as my character moves it goes away. This is quite perplexing. I am willing to cheat a little if there is one er something?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
The name of the perk should be simply "Nyrea Eggs".

I remember testing it for your save's character and managed to get the perk, so it should work. Do note that your character should get the ability to lay eggs first, then the perk may be attained after. If the perk is not appearing, make sure you are actually playing the latest version of the game.

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
I just had a string of bad luck that day, apparently. This time, I loaded up the save file, and the first time I ate a candy it gave it to me without destroying my wings or anything. This problem is completely resolved for this character design now, than you very much for your help!

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
More on the ovipositors, the egg implantation being told only *after* the fact of a scene seems like it's more of an afterthought, any plans on making the eggs part of the ejaculation scripts? Like how having honey changes all of the "salty" mentions in a scene to "sweet" and such? I think it would be much better sounding if it got into visualizing the eggs coming out of you and going into someone else as part of the active scenes instead of coming in after. Especially so if some characters have different opinions on it. Like maybe a special thing for Bess using her as an incubator or something?

Reactions: wallpaper

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
That would require authors wanting to go back and change stuff. Ejaculation isn't just a parser, it's part of the woven art that is the character scenes. There were no ovipos perks when the vast majority of characters were written, of course it's going to seem like an afterthought.

kenji

Dec 4, 2017
True enough. I maintain that the egging bit might be better suited for the ejaculation parts of scenes as part of the ejaculation parse, just like with the honey perk changing it to honey. It makes more sense for the reader as well, not just being mentioned by your codex after the fact.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Color and flavor are simple calls, though. You can easily switch those around. Trying to force egg stuff into it requires reactions which requires more than just a code function to insert a blurb. I get it, I do, I want this stuff too, but it's not going to work without writers wanting to do it.