Nos

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
A world brutalized by endless ambitions. Vampires, or Nosferatu, rose like a virulent plague, and would prove to be the end of ages. Unbound, unfettered, their power swept over the planet, and even rose as far as the moon, turning it blood red in the sky, and thwarting the sun's own power over the creatures of the night. But their war cost all the world. They called upon dark magics, and darker beings, and they made deals. They didn't heed the warnings of the wise. They paid the prices of those bargains. The world is covered in a thick miasma, a single, sole bastion of civilization left... ruled by Nosferatu overlords. A glimmering hope blooms, a mesiah that has led the lost, the downtrodden through that green, sickly fog, to make a utopia. The church comes to end the Nosferatu menace, once and for all.

There is talk of hidden forests that yet bloom green, protected by the desperate soul of the world.

And all the while, something in the miasma has slumbered, awaiting the time to awaken, sending forth its endless minions to gather the last dregs of life upon the world...

And still, there is worse to come.

I'll be writing a cast of characters from all sides of the conflict, which may end in several different ways. For those interested in roleplay, this will be an erotic adventure, though relatively vanilla beyond the bdsm elements. If interested in specific fetishes, ask.

Character races include: Human (Slave, freedmen, clergy *Templar, Inquisition, Crusade*), Nosferatu (Normal, Nobility, Royalty, Elder... everything short of Ancients), Adepts of the Forest (And druidic oriented creatures, furry compatible, dragons are allowed, though less than fully mature only.), Angels (Servants of the Church of Crea, from Cherubs and Guardian Spirits to Seraphs... everything short of Archangels.) Demon (Of all shapes and variety, and level of power, short of ruling Devils)

If interest is showed, I'll be adding more detail, like the divisions of the Nosferatu and Church powers militant, though many details must simply be learned through rp. I'll be gming this world, and its most powerful characters... but none are truly infallible. This adventure will not be particularly smut driven like TiTs and CoC, every battle having sexual answers and undertones, but there is always the need, on all sides, to grow and expand their people, in a world where numbers are always lacking, and every character introduced will have the possibility for sex.

Also, I support, and even encourage, weaker characters, though there's room for great power characters here. You will have opportunities to grow, no matter your choices, and by the end, your character's ultimate effect upon the world will be determined most of all, by their determination and desire.

I also want good writing. Put in some effort, and it will be rewarded. I like details, I like depth of character. Breath life into your character, I'll breath life into the world around them.

https://join.skype.com/tTye1ctGyZco Feel free to join and work out your character~

Last edited:

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
Well, my interest is certainly piqued. I understand your desire to hold off on most of the setting's details until after you're certain this RP will actually happen, but would I be correct in assuming this is a medieval fantasy setting, or something else entirely? I would just like to get some of the broad strokes noted so I can mull over character concepts accordingly. :)

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Ah, it is post apocalyptic, but yes, medieval technology. Magic. Though, little magic beyond dark magics and holy magics, as the crafts of man fell with their empires. A wizard would be exceptionally rare, for instance... and most dark magic users would find one difficult to predict and deal with, as most arcane lore has been lost. Vampires are just so much better with other elements, after all.... The magic systems are a bit custom crafted, but it can be assumed that anything along the lines of DnD is acceptable, depending on relative power.

That said, there will be opportunities to incorporate steampunk technology into the adventure, as it is currently in development.

Last edited:

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
I see! Thank you for clarifying and elaborating there, it's given me some food for thought already.

If you don't mind indulging me again, your remark about the vampires and their affinity for at least some form of magic got me wondering: are there significant inherent disparities in power between the playable species?

I can understand what you are getting at when you bring up the possibility of development and growth in characters, I just want to ensure that any I develop will have all the tools they need to do it plausibly and not wind up impotent or ineffectual ^_^

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
There are absolutely massive disparities in power, but most of the races aren't aware of just how massive. Vampires are incredibly powerful... they conquered humanity as soon as they cared to do so. It'll be more fun to discover this in the adventure, though. Just keep in mind, the potential for growth, from any avenue of approach, is astounding. This is a magic rich environment, and anyone with the tenacity and luck might become powerful enough to topple empires. If you have a character that looks to be possibly ineffectual... routes will open up to change that. No worries about needing to power-game for the story. You can seriously play a squirrel, and there'll be routes to become the squirrel-god, more or less.

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
Fair enough! The Human-lover in me was a little leery of winding up as a mere spectator to supernatural Demi-gods, so I'm relieved to hear that won't be a real concern, at least not for the player characters.

Those avenues for development do sound pretty intriguing. I'll mull over preliminary character concepts accordingly. :)

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
There is room for a lot of mutation, especially. One of the main characters you'll be interacting with is an alchemist, and virtually any kind of transformation is conceivable, so don't worry about getting really out there with your ideas. There will be crazier things than demi gods to contend with, down the line.

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
Hrm, good to know! I doubt I will make extreme use of physical transformations, but I can see how that overall plot element would open up a fair number of options for development. More food for thought on my end!

And I was just trying to make a point with the mention of Demi-gods, but that does give me a better idea of the scale this RP may wind up being played upon.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
It can go in many directions, depending on the players involved. It can roam into demi godlyness, or it can stay on a smaller scale, but anyway you wish to go is manageable, perfectly so. I fleshed this world and plot out long ago.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Alright! I can do one on one until more players decide they may wish to show up. For now, I think I'd prefer to rp on a chat, than on a forum. I have plenty of free time... but I'll be saving all the logs, and if we decide we prefer a forum post, I'll put it all up, and we can continue on there. Skype, Discord, and Aim are all acceptable mediums. Let me know which you prefer, or if you prefer another, let me know that, too, and I'll see about setting up there.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Hm, interested party here. Is this going to be a linear party-style adventure where all PCs will be together and interacting, or maybe a little more sandboxy where people can go off and do their own thing? The scope seems pretty large, so I imagine there are lots of possibilities ^^

Also, is there going to be some sort of a rules system implemented? I gave what's been written a once over, so sorry if it's already been explicitly stated <//<

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
Ha, well, I was going to suggest giving the thread a little more time to attract interest, but it seems Xat went and beat me to the punch :p

Anyway, does that mean will be using the forum after all? I'm rather curious about the answers to Xat's questions as well :O

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
For now, I'll be using skype and logging the rp's, and if we attract enough interest (3 or more) we'll have a party with reasons to work together. There will be a lot of opportunity for sandboxing though, so anyone who wants to rp when the group isn't around, will be able to have their own offshoot rp's, more personalized and the like, depending on the time I have available... which for at least the next week, is a lot of time. I'm quite eager to get started, so those who are ready, feel free to join the skype, I'll post the link in the first post, and join me to flesh out your characters.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Ah, apologies. There will be no rules system... it is all written. I'll be determining everything related to the action, all of the enemies, etc, all will be at my sole discretion... but I always aim to make the rp enjoyable for the characters involved, so don't let that dissuade you. It's weighed heavily in the players favor.

Weiss Ritter

Aug 28, 2015
Posting my character sheet here for the sake of easy access~

Name: Cyrus

Race: Human

Class/Occupation: Slave, Steampunk Tinkerer

Physical description: Cyrus is a strikingly handsome young man with raven hair and bronze skin born of a time when the sun burned bright and pure. His build is a toned and athletic one clearly honed by years of training to be both pleasing to vampiric eyes and sturdy enough to be…played with to their satisfaction. Though his skin is as supple and unmarred for the most part as one would expect of a prized domestic servant, Cyrus’s hands are firmer than might expected of one such as him-hinting at the years the young slave spent serving his superiors in a more physically demanding capacity.

Backstory: Cyrus’s ancestors belonged to a tribe on the inhospitable fringes of one of the great empires that dominated the world before the rise of the Vampires. When the mist first came, they were forced to flee into the Nos Empire or perish. Though their status as outsiders to both the Vampires and their Human subjects guaranteed many of the tribesmen would be lowly slaves even into the present day, the desert-touched skin Cyrus himself inherited caught the eye of a vampiric mistress seeking an exotic servitor.

The boy was taken from his family and trained to become the personal attendant of one of the Nos Empire’s elites. Though the luxury of his newfound position was infinitely preferable to a life of hard-if generously cared for-labor, Cyrus found there were several other perks to be found in embracing his new lot in life. Chief among them being access to libraries likely among the greatest that had ever been assembled on their world even before the mists consumed all. Much to the delight of his mistress, her prized acquisition proved to be a voracious reader capable of assimilating all manner of information at a breathtaking rate.

While the positives of possessing such an erudite servant were considerable, Cyrus’s mind proved a more difficult thing to keep under control than his body. Some time ago, concern for his family prompted him to reach out to them in spite of the express commands of his mistress to completely disregard his old life in favor of his new duties. After pure misfortune resulted in the young man being caught red-handed in one of his cleverer attempts to sneak messages out of his mistress’s estate, Cyrus was subjected to the spells favored by vampires seeking to blur and remove all but the memories of life in their service.

In the present day, Cyrus remains blissfully unaware of this and fully dedicated to his position. By all accounts, his mistress appears to have made the right call, for the intensified interest Cyrus has taken in toys of steam and clockwork is an amusing and much less dangerous hobby than his previous covert efforts. Still, if the current state of the world has proven anything, it is that its vampiric overlords-despite their vast experience-can suffer from disastrously unintended consequences much the same as any mortal…

Last edited:

A Clod

Aug 15, 2017
Hi I'd very much like to join in but I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

1. Have you guys already started and if so, how far is everyone in the story?

2. How do you feel about fallen angels?

3. Will you move the rp here in the forums after enough people join in?

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Of course! Btw, love the Steven Universe reference in your name. The story hasn't really even started yet... I've done individual stories with three different people, preparing their characters for the campaign to come, and when those are finished, I'll post them on here. Fallen angels are just fine! There is some very nice lore behind them, too. Angels have most of their power through the God they serve, but each is capable of drawing on a font of internal power, though it is generally immature for most, as they rely so heavily on their God's power. I'll work with on details of why your angel fell, and would love someone on that side of the story before the party arrives in that area.

It is possible the party will move here, to a forum posting, if people want to enough, and if we have more than three members. It's not my own preference, but it certainly has its advantages.

A Clod

Aug 15, 2017
Rock on man, always nice to meet a fellow fan! Anyway I should probably start submitting my own character sheet. Are there any specific details you need or shall I use Weiss Ritter's format as a good example?

A Clod

Aug 15, 2017
Just posting this here for the sake of easier access

Name: Marione Qrow

Race: Fallen Angel

Physical Description: A pale young woman with bright pink eyes and snowy-white hair tied into a very long ponytail that reaches all the way down to the small of her back while causing her bangs to fall towards the left side of her face. She has a willowy frame with barely any muscle tone and her breasts are just above A-cup. A pair of pink and blue chains mark the right-side of her body, from her arm all the way to her leg.

Background: Once a seraph infamous in heaven for her love of mischief. Marione despises boredom above all else and lives to have fun no matter what the consequences are or who gets hurt. Unfortunately after a hilarious incident involving the Pope himself, the archangel Michael decided to punish the mischievous angel by exiling her to the mortal realm with most of her power gone. However while other angels saw this as a fall from grace, Marione saw it as the best reward ever. Now free to do as she pleases the fallen angel spends most of her time causing trouble much to the Pope's chagrin, who has been looking out for her since her fall and gives the troublemaker errands to complete from time to time.

Additional Notes:
  • Marione seems to have retained some semblance of immortality as she doesn't age and able to recover from any wound albeit very slowly with highly severe injuries requiring a significant amount of time.
  • She still has enough strength and agility to rival a fledgeling vampire's. This fact combined with her appearance often gets her mistaken for one.
  • Marione always carries around an odd sword which she calls 'Ynette' that closely resembles a ridiculously large kitchen knife wrapped in pink and blue cloth.
  • For reasons unknown, even to Marione herself, Ynette somehow brings misfortune to everyone in its vicinity with the fallen angel being the only exception. This effect is always active and she has no control over it whatsoever.
  • According to Marione, Ynette is extremely shy and doesn't like other people touching her. She claims a few people have tried to wield her and died in the process. Wether it was due to Ynette's effect or if Marione had killed them herself is a mystery.
  • She thinks cats and imps are adorable especially when they're on fire.

Last edited: