Non Tainting transformatives

Mactire

Dec 21, 2015
would it be possible to have xenogen stores sell non taint causing transformatives after you give kimber the requested items and or hair samples. i know currently taint doesnt have a negative impact on your character but i expect it will in the future and i would rather not have to remake my character again. pretty please

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It would probably be easier to introduce a service: Pay (huge amount of money) & spend some time (a few days?) to reduce Taint by (more than time spent). The Codex description says it's possible, but it's not available to players.

I bet Dr. Lessau could do it. Tavros has a Medical deck we only visit as part of a Quest.

Reactions: Baggrin

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
would it be possible to have xenogen stores sell non taint causing transformatives after you give kimber the requested items and or hair samples. i know currently taint doesnt have a negative impact on your character but i expect it will in the future and i would rather not have to remake my character again. pretty please
I guess this is exact the opposite of very idea of TFs: you actualy rewrite pert of your genocode for having some other and/or additional tail/boobs/prick/horns/etc. Ofc if it's messing with genocode it will make some taint. But, i agree with Theron - perhaps, some more options for decreasing taint would be good.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I guess this is exact the opposite of very idea of TFs: you actualy rewrite pert of your genocode for having some other and/or additional tail/boobs/prick/horns/etc. Ofc if it's messing with genocode it will make some taint.
Most legal TFs don't cause Taint. The most common Taint-causing 'TFs' are alien foods, which Steele's microbots are adapting to*, rather than a product specifically designed to transform the user. Most intentional TFs that cause Taint are illegal, probably because of it.
*Coincidentally copying a lot of cosmetic features, instead of just the digestive system.