No Nova Shields Uveto Upgrade

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
What the title said. Basically, I defeat Janeria, and after the fight I get the text saying that Nova got something from that encounter. I put on Nova, no shield boost. Think this is maybe a bug, because I'm not seeing any sign of a balance change here.

Edit: Was a little too quick on the draw: Apparently you cannot be in swimsuit mode and have the shields. Which is kinda weird; but I guess nice balancing for later? Still got me confused for quite a bit and firmly in the belief that the shields were removed somehow.

Attachments

• Adamant (M) - 13Hrs 11Mins, 42 Days - Uveto VII, Siretta.json
    651.1 KB · Views: 3

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Note for ged if you see this, a very long time ago I tried to redo her to use getters to finally fix this or a bug like it. In the end, I was not able to create what would essentially be a nested getter, for the resistances. I think you had an idea maybe?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I actually think I might have stumbled over a kinda cause for this earlier tonight - basically a bunch of code for nova was still using the old hasRandomProperties thing instead of the new hasDynamicProperties thing, so any time it got cloned or copied to do anything it would reset back to default. This doesn't really break it long-term or anything, it just means there'll be instances where it'll just have the wrong stats until you reconfigure it again.

As for a nested getter; not really possible without essentially refactoring the item class to move the backing properties around to free up the name for the getter.

Reactions: lowercase_donkey

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
The issue is it will not update her stats if she is not in the base configuration. If you set her to base configuration it will apply the upgrade and then you should be able to change her configuraiton however you wish.