Next Planet: Uveto VII

Terra_Lupis

Aug 28, 2015
Also, as a side note: I really enjoy this public discussion aspect.

I don't write out huge stories or concepts on my own. Part procrastination, part intimidation, part having-no-time keeps me from really writing.

BUT I enjoy brainstorming, editing, coming up with ideas and offering them, working with others to build on them.

I hope this public discussion/idea pool is a routine thing, letting the writer pick and choose after it's conclusion in regards to setting up writers/setting it into place, while also leaving ideas that could potentially be utilized for other things :) Let's people get involved without the daunting aspect of normal writing keeping them away. Me included. 

Oh yeah, also, added in Arnjold the Puppystud under the Stormguard Temple entry. (I'll just edit this post if I think of anymore possible ideas to offer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: Me and another person (I only see as Anonymous Liger at present) are working on creating 3 different Champions suited to different styles of play/personality, as well as a quest - the Champion's Challenges (present title) - to earn Steele a place in the Stormguard's line of Champions. These fights will be presented as gauntlets testing Steele's (which means your) ability to utilize different skills, weapons, and items to defeat increasingly difficult waves of enemies, with only a short break in-between each round of fighters.

Champions at present:

Arjnold the Viking brute

Freicia the Wild Cat Mistress

Champion of Shadows

Details in the Doc.

Hi TheTripleH,

This is your Anonymous Liger speaking. First of all thanks for the privilege of working with you on this public planet build. Secondly the Challenge's are now the Champion's Gauntlets, also at the time of me typing this there has been a slight improvement on state of champions.

Champions at present:

Arjnold the Viking Brute (Puppystud)

Freicia the Wild Valkryie (Catty Mistress)

Champion of Shadows

I hope to be able to write details about the Champion of Shadows tomorrow but I wouldn't mind in the slightest if someone else gave it a shot.

sorry Savin I was only trying to point out that there reptile's and  most reptiles don't like the cold  as it puts them in a dormant state. had I known it would turn into a  2 page argument  I wouldn't have mentioned it.

To those who are arguing about cold blooded versus warm blooded blame me. I was the one that inserted that bit into the build as I mentioned in my comments before they were 'resolved', it just seemed silly that we had damage markers for skin and fur but nothing for chitin and scales. So if you want any to blame, blame me for at least having some initiative to at least think of mentioning the other skin types and not just sit around arguing about it when somebody does.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Question for Savin.

How will the next episode of Steph Irson go? I ask this as I thought there would be 3 different shows which depend on the choice you give her back on Myrellion.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
How will the next episode of Steph Irson go? I ask this as I thought there would be 3 different shows which depend on the choice you give her back on Myrellion.

A lot of people on the old forum convinced me to re-write some of Steph to un-Treat her. I did, but Fen's not coded that yet (and he's expressed intense displeasure at the idea of the retcon, making me think it might not GET coded). Until the issue's resolved one way or the other, I don't intend to write any more Steph. 

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
A lot of people on the old forum convinced me to re-write some of Steph to un-Treat her. I did, but Fen's not coded that yet (and he's expressed intense displeasure at the idea of the retcon, making me think it might not GET coded). Until the issue's resolved one way or the other, I don't intend to write any more Steph. 

You've provided a decent explanation for it, right? Because as someone who was ambivalent about it to begin with, that retcon really was for the best.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Well, Treatment being totally irreversable IMO is bad idea. In a universe where you can move your mind into a body made of nanobots this doesn't make any sense. Main problem should be the treated one's own unwillingness to do it. Same thing with other bimbo drugs... Cure can be extremely expensive, but not impossible.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, Treatment being totally irreversable IMO is bad idea. In a universe where you can move your mind into a body made of nanobots this doesn't make any sense. Main problem should be the treated one's own unwillingness to do it. Same thing with other bimbo drugs... Cure can be extremely expensive, but not impossible.

I don't see how that's particularly relevant?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I don't see how that's particularly relevant?

Was your suggestion to cure her treatment or just to make it never happen?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
To go back through Steph's old content and edit out her ever having been Treated, yeah. Replace that with Bovinium or something. 

(And by suggestion you mean solution. Other people suggested it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
To go back through Steph's old content and edit out her ever having been Treated, yeah. Replace that with Bovinium or something. 

(And by suggestion you mean solution. Other people suggested it.)

Ok, I got you wrong.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
The desc for the Yukoti is a bit confusing. 

Can we just make edits willy-nilly or should we consult Savin on them? I'm by no means perfect so my edits wouldn't be, either. I edited some things on the doc that aren't quite errors but aren't quite pleasing to the (my) eye. :p Someone take a look? 

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
He said it was open to the public? The sentence you find confusing was me trying to justify a colonization of a planet with human*/high sentient life form. I'm assuming that any galactic civilization would be civilized enough to have some sort of Underdeveloped planetary protection pact. Then again corporate greed could be more then enough to violate galactic standards. I digress if the sentence is to confusing it can be omitted, i can easily just parenthesizes and name the work i did  to inform the public of who's work it actually is.

*based off the three principals that make a human an alien race is in fact a Haman. Human is not a race. just like if robots do in fact dream of electric sheep they are in fact human. TiTs note: since the various species of life forms can breed with one another and produce offspring that shows some commonality among the different life forms and their species becomes the same. same species different race.

oh! i forgot were i am for a second there.

Tails, boobies, horse cock in a cloaca.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
Don't worry about it, I was confused for a little bit there, by the ownership of the idea of the Yukoti. 

The description for the Yukoti could use some work, looks like it was done pretty hastily and doesn't make much sense (in the first part, particularly about the history where the colonists come)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
He said it was open to the public? The sentence you find confusing was me trying to justify a colonization of a planet with human*/high sentient life form. I'm assuming that any galactic civilization would be civilized enough to have some sort of Underdeveloped planetary protection pact. 

No, this isn't Star Trek. You may want to play through Mhen'ga again, where a crapload of planet rushers just rolled up on a jungle planet full of stone age natives and started colonizing willy-nilly. Myrellion, too, where the kui-tan are looking enviously towards the planet as a potential colony (even though it's already home to a vast 20th Century level civilization). Native species either get uplifted or get pushed to the sidelines on otherwise valuable planets. 

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
No, this isn't Star Trek. You may want to play through Mhen'ga again, where a crapload of planet rushers just rolled up on a jungle planet full of stone age natives and started colonizing willy-nilly. Myrellion, too, where the kui-tan are looking enviously towards the planet as a potential colony (even though it's already home to a vast 20th Century level civilization). Native species either get uplifted or get pushed to the sidelines on otherwise valuable planets. 

Not unlike what has happened many times within our own society.

That said, it does beg the question: the UGC are more than capable of just ending the conflict on Myrellion and then claiming whatever they want afterward.  What's stopping them?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

That said, it does beg the question: the UGC are more than capable of just ending the conflict on Myrellion and then claiming whatever they want afterward.  What's stopping them?

Genocide is REALLY BAD, PR wise, not to mention be a huge drain on resources. And Xenogen is the one that threw their weight enough to get the Damocles fleet, and they only wants to study the myr for cosmetic mods -- I don't think they can pressure the UGC to launch a full planetary occupation. Plus it would make the kui-tan colonization really awkward, what with suddenly thousands of heavily armed local terrorists (ie, the Federation army) being a nuisance. 

The better question is "Why doesn't Xenogen just abduct a bunch of myr like it was the 1950s to experiment on, then just leave the myr to eradicate themselves." And that's mostly because this Xenogen branch is run by Dr. McAllister, who's become personally invested in the Gold Myr; if Haswell was running things on Myrellion, they very well might have. 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Mostly that the guy spearheading the occupation wants to be the hero of this story.  He's also fucking the gold queens on a regular basis.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015

Quotes from Juro:

Quote said:
"Once Xenogen realized the potential for exploiting the locals - sorry, I mean, ‘investing in the success of more primitive species’ - they pulled enough muscle in Parliament to steam a small battle group into planetary orbit to ensure the safety of the embassy here. Or more accurately,” he laughs, “to ensure the local population doesn’t resort to weapons of mass destruction in their petty war while U.G.C. citizens are here on the planet’s surface. Both governments have been informed that if they do, whoever survives the nuclear fire has nothing to look forward to other than kinetic bombardment from the fleet.”
 and

Quote said:
 “Understand that kui-tan have some of the highest virility rates of any sapient species in the galaxy, and that both sexes have what you would consider masculine genitalia and the ability to father children. Myrellion has a dangerous lack of males, and a generations-old reproductive problem that has rendered most females sterile, and the population in a constant state of decline. An issue made dangerously clear in what I will optimistically label the aftermath of a seven year long global conflict. Even if this office succeeds in preventing the locals from obliterating themselves, it’s entirely likely that the Myr will simply die out in a few generations regardless. Mass casualties from the conflict have left both factions on the brink of permanent degradation in their genetic pools. In short, Myrellion is a prime candidate for a kui-tan colony once stability is ensured between the local governments, and given Xenogen Biotech’s mutual interest here, could be both a profitable and pleasant planet within a few generations.”
 So there's your explanation as to why the UGC doesn't just glass Myrellion and call it a day. As for just straight up taking over, there's still racial tensions EVEN IF the UGC takes over (given they don't kill off the Myr). In addition, I don't think the Queens would be pleased, should the Myr survive. Playing second fiddle to someone isn't their style, as you can see from the war... Conquering a planet would also represent a large amount of resources, and the UGC is likely more interested in enjoying a profitable alliance than smacking the shit out of Myrellion, taking it, and then building it back up again. In other words, the UGC probably thinks that the Myr will eventually stop playing "They started it" now that they have FUCKING ALIENS occupying the space above their planet. I mean it's pretty shocking to know that there's more to the universe than just your little planet. 

Genocide is REALLY BAD, PR wise, not to mention be a huge drain on resources. And Xenogen is the one that threw their weight enough to get the Damocles fleet, and they only wants to study the myr for cosmetic mods -- I don't think they can pressure the UGC to launch a full planetary occupation. Plus it would make the kui-tan colonization really awkward, what with suddenly thousands of heavily armed local terrorists (ie, the Federation army) being a nuisance. 

The better question is "Why doesn't Xenogen just abduct a bunch of myr like it was the 1950s to experiment on, then just leave the myr to eradicate themselves." And that's mostly because this Xenogen branch is run by Dr. McAllister, who's become personally invested in the Gold Myr; if Haswell was running things on Myrellion, they very well might have. 

I was typing when Savin posted this, otherwise I wouldn't have included the same information, but still, this too, definitely. +1 
Particularly about the genocide thing, and experimentation.

Lots of depth for a sex game. I like it.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015

i was actually thinking star ocean, but i see.

something must be done to protect native people! to think  there is no regulation for colonization. now that I'm queen of Nyrea they will be protected, my cousin is fucked i was gathering those probes for like what ever, i didn't really want to run steel tech. now i have a reason.

corruption -10

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
something must be done to protect native people! to think  there is no regulation for colonization. now that I'm queen of Nyrea they will be protected, my cousin is fucked i was gathering those probes for like what ever, i didn't really want to run steel tech. now i have a reason.

I mean, the Prime Directive approach has its problems too.  It means not giving the natives access to modern medical technology that could save countless lives, for instance, or stopping a war that's about to go nuclear from a race that has no idea what kind of power they're unleashing in doing so.  Brute-force though Xenogen's approach is, it has saved the lives of all of the gold myr and possibly most if not all of the reds too.

That's not to say the current system couldn't do with more oversight.  In general the UGC promotes the success stories where a native race is successfully uplifted into a contributing component of galactic society, and this does happen on a regular basis, but exploitation also happens much more often than anyone would like to admit.

And yes, just giving them the technology to uplift themselves has its own potential problems.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
I mean, the Prime Directive approach has its problems too.  It means not giving the natives access to modern medical technology that could save countless lives, for instance, or stopping a war that's about to go nuclear from a race that has no idea what kind of power they're unleashing in doing so.  Brute-force though Xenogen's approach is, it has saved the lives of all of the gold myr and possibly most if not all of the reds too.

That's not to say the current system couldn't do with more oversight.  In general the UGC promotes the success stories where a native race is successfully uplifted into a contributing component of galactic society, and this does happen on a regular basis, but exploitation also happens much more often than anyone would like to admit.

And yes, just giving them the technology to uplift themselves has its own potential problems.

+3 for Animorphs reference (the link's broken, btw)
:p
The UGC is pretty much in a sticky situation here and is just playing guardian for the moment. Anything it does can be held against it. A policy of no interference, or as little as possible, anyhow. (The UGC still brought medical crap and mods to them, along with various vendors, like Xenogen.) 

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
I remember the Animorphs.  I loved those as a kid; maybe I should re-read a few sometime.

Anyway, Uveto: I imagine the snow effects to be rather like the Weather hazards in Pokemon.  They're just generally annoying and can cherry-tap you to death if you're not careful.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
so how can  the  orange myr pill we  helped create be use to fix the  population  problem? do we get to see it in actual work? and now we have steele queen/king of the nyrea  raising our own brood of  offspring to control the  no mans land domain. our subjugated queen/spouce can play mediator  for peace talks. what awaits the future of myrellion? especially since where  heading towards our next planet?

those are my questions on that but back to  our tits variant of hoth is the cold going to play part in the case of reptile characters  in the future as they get  created? or are they not going to be a starting option later on?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
so how can  the  orange myr pill we  helped create be use to fix the  population  problem? do we get to see it in actual work? and now we have steele queen/king of the nyrea  raising our own brood of  offspring to control the  no mans land domain. our subjugated queen/spouce can play mediator  for peace talks. what awaits the future of myrellion? especially since where  heading towards our next planet?

those are my questions on that but back to  our tits variant of hoth is the cold going to play part in the case of reptile characters  in the future as they get  created? or are they not going to be a starting option later on?

If you've got a bunch of Myrellion-themed questions, maybe it's time to start a new thread for them?

As for reptiles: no effect. ANYBODY who wanders off on Uveto is going to be seriously fucked without a heat belt. 

TheTripleH

Aug 27, 2015
Will shamelessly piggyback off the stormguard champion thing and make the dungeon boss a famous champion if the makers are interested. I planned for him to be saveable and return to the stormguard. would totally make him show up with the other champs if that makes it in

Feel free, man. ATM I'm mostly posting ideas for others to expand or change upon. Posting things that would fit, or that have a lot of potential, so that they're... There. So that the possibility of it being not thought of isn't a barrier. Give it a chance.

The Erebus I could handle, but life's been sh*tting on me in terms of free time. 2015 has not been a kind mistress for time! So I'm operating on giving ideas for others, and shelving it if I can't handle it myself until I get more time/someone does pick it up.

Worse comes to worse and the one me and Terra works on ends up shelved/dropped, due to lack of interest by others / both of us not being able to write it out, you could easily make your champion it's own independent entity. Some guilds really do have a single Champion, after all. I'd be willing to edit/suggest stuff, if you'd have me then, while you're drawing it up.

A champion would be good for the Stormguards over all though, I think. Thus far the Temple itself houses Shade's daughter, a sparring ring, and an elder man explaining the religion/culture of the Guards, correct? A Champion, and (at least) a short mini-quest challenging them, would give some more meat to the temple whilst fitting in thematically. The Norse of our world, after all, did have champions and took things like personal challenges *very* seriously.

That's why I suggested Mr. Arnjold. I gave him some beef so that people have a foundation to build on if they ask/are asked to take him. He can be changed about, again, but the core reasons for his existence ^ remain.

Also, added an "items" section. As well as a suit of armor, and thermal goggles (accessory), as loot.

Terra_Lupis

Aug 28, 2015
Feel free, man. ATM I'm mostly posting ideas for others to expand or change upon. Posting things that would fit, or that have a lot of potential, so that they're... There. So that the possibility of it being not thought of isn't a barrier. Give it a chance.

The Erebus I could handle, but life's been sh*tting on me in terms of free time. 2015 has not been a kind mistress for time! So I'm operating on giving ideas for others, and shelving it if I can't handle it myself until I get more time/someone does pick it up.

Worse comes to worse and the one me and Terra works on ends up shelved/dropped, due to lack of interest by others / both of us not being able to write it out, you could easily make your champion it's own independent entity. Some guilds really do have a single Champion, after all. I'd be willing to edit/suggest stuff, if you'd have me then, while you're drawing it up.

A champion would be good for the Stormguards over all though, I think. Thus far the Temple itself houses Shade's daughter, a sparring ring, and an elder man explaining the religion/culture of the Guards, correct? A Champion, and (at least) a short mini-quest challenging them, would give some more meat to the temple whilst fitting in thematically. The Norse of our world, after all, did have champions and took things like personal challenges *very* seriously.

That's why I suggested Mr. Arnjold. I gave him some beef so that people have a foundation to build on if they ask/are asked to take him. He can be changed about, again, but the core reasons for his existence ^ remain.

Also, added an "items" section. As well as a suit of armor, and thermal goggles (accessory), as loot.

Working on the Stormguard champions still. Had trouble working on it due to work and also just getting my head around what I wanted out of the third champion. Just about finished typing up the basic information and will soon start working on the conversations you can have with the champions. Big thanks to everyone who helped with the project especially TheTripleH who originally started the project when it was just part of the public forum for Uveto VII.

Devils Kin

Aug 28, 2015
(Except Captain Steele who apparently doesn't know how to drive.) 

We can fly a ship and overthrow royalty but we can't drive. "TAXI! TAXI! OI SHIT HEAD! fuck looks like i'm walking back"

Chanterla

Aug 29, 2015
I haven't seen this in the design document, or mentioned, and I never actually used one but I felt that I should just put this out there.

since a temple is being added, maybe there could be a meditation, prayer function in it that allows PCs to reduce libido, and or increase willpower, like a preist or monk helping you go through a mantra or prayer that causes the PC to lose a point in libido or gain a point in willpower.