New volunteer coder

Nalmann

Oct 6, 2019
Hello there,
Does anyone know what is the best way of volunteering some coding time?
I really would like to try to code something for the game, but I'm not a writer, so I'm asking if there is someone that has written a character or simply another scene and wants some help in translating his scene/event/npc in game ready code.
I'm new to this but I really wold like to give this a try in order to make the scene more easy to implement in the game.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Hello there,
Does anyone know what is the best way of volunteering some coding time?
I really would like to try to code something for the game, but I'm not a writer, so I'm asking if there is someone that has written a character or simply another scene and wants some help in translating his scene/event/npc in game ready code.
I'm new to this but I really wold like to give this a try in order to make the scene more easy to implement in the game.

Join the public discord and ping Fenoxo about this. If you're interested then there's plenty of small stuff to hand out still.

TheShepard256

I was also wondering about this. Also, where is the public discord? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

make sure you have a demonstrable portfolio of work to show
… Damn it. Why is every single opportunity for me to gain experience in anything always gated behind already having experience in that thing? I don't want to sound like I'm blaming anyone specifically, but it's just something that keep popping up in my recent life.
Seriously, though, I've spent enough time on the TiTS Public GitHub that I'm confident I know enough about how the code works to be a good volunteer coder (assuming I don't have to develop new game mechanics).

OofS

Apr 26, 2019

Nalmann

Oct 6, 2019
@TheShepard256 : I don't feel that's too bad, I was just thinking to go in the submissions section and code a modest event of some sort. It is just too prove that you are up to the job and that you are not wasting the team time, the fact that the code is so readable, it's somewhat a testament of the good gate-keeping they are doing.

@William. & @SoAndSo Thanks for the advice!

Nalmann

Oct 6, 2019
Just to be sure I converted a small submission as proof of basic capabilities. I already contacted Fenoxo by mail now I'm waiting for an eventual response :)