New Stat-based Classes

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
So I was thinking about the psion class we will (hopefully eventually) be getting and how its primary stat is going to be willpower, and that got me thinking: what other kind of classes could be created for the other stats / stat descriptions? All of the classes use physique/aim for their primary method-of-attack stat and, with the exception of the mercenary, have another stat that is considered their primary stat. Smugglers have reflexes, techs have intelligence, and psions will have willpower. But the character has one more stat that they could tap into: libido. So I have an idea for a libido-based class. The Slut class. A lot of their abilities would be focused around libido and dealing tease damage to the point that they actually don't fare well in normal combat. Any enemies that are resistant or immune to lust damage will be hard for the Slut. One perk that I had thought of that would go well with this class would be a passive where the enemy takes a portion of lust damage based on how much damage you take (because they are awakening some sadist tendencies or some such). Now you might be thinking "what would stop the player from just maxing libido to 100. All their abilities would be overpowered at level 1" but that would be a simple calculation based on the max being 5 times your level like the rest are. Another ability that the Slut could get as they level would be that they can use energy once per fight to do what some enemies can do and remove all of their lust damage. Their kit would basically revolve around the libido, and maybe exhibition stats since they would do less physical damage (it is all just fun and games after all. They're not trying to kill the opponent).

There could be other stat combination classes like the Pilot class who doesn't have many skills in the way of ground combat, but gains more bonuses when it comes to ship combat. Since I see this class as more of a starship captain and this is TiTS, I picture them as something similar to Captain Kirk: shooting laser pistols and having sex with the locals.

I realize these class ideas aren't exactly balanced or anything like that. I was just thinking of them and threw some abilities on them that would make sense for a character of that background to have. What are y'all's thoughts? Have these ideas been talked about to death?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Savin wants to write a Slut class.

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016
Suspect that if a lust based class was implemented, they'd have to have switch the way lust works to something like FoE (basically, higher lust = chance to stun).

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016
Either.

CoC/TiTS lust system is that when a character reaches 100% lust, they lose the combat.

FoE lust system is that each turn, if a character has more than ~50% lust, there's a chance they'll be stunned that turn and unable to act - higher the lust, the higher the stun chance.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
FoE lust system is that each turn, if a character has more than ~50% lust, there's a chance they'll be stunned that turn and unable to act - higher the lust, the higher the stun chance.

I wouldn't exactly say they're 'stunned', that would require you actually attacking them to cause it. The enemy would just be too horny to do anything to you. But yeah, you basically get a free turn to beat the enemy when it happens.
Though that means you too would lose a turn if you was to get too horny as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Oh wait, I see the mixup now. You're talking about lust. I was talking about libido. Libido can be as high as 100 and you still won't necessarily lose. As long as one of the skills or perks the Slut gains is called "The Great Whore of Babylon" I'll be happy ?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Oh wait, I see the mixup now. You're talking about lust. I was talking about libido. Libido can be as high as 100 and you still won't necessarily lose. As long as one of the skills or perks the Slut gains is called "The Great Whore of Babylon" I'll be happy ?

I think the previous comments referred to the fact that the current system of automatic lust loss already makes any enemy without outright lust immunity or ridiculous resistances much easier to beat by lust attacks.

So the lust focused class will be OP against most enemies and bosses and useless against the few enemies who aren't susceptible to lust.

With something like FoE system they described,  lust combat will be more balanced and that will fix the first part of the issue.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Class focusing on making max used of libido...may ends up later on nerfed to the ground to be balanced with current lust system. Otherwise as meantioned above it would make most of the people rolling this class to just stomp most fo the game enemies. But maybe devs come with something that will not be too OP or UP.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That would imply we're going to make a Lust class at all. We're not.

Yeah I know. Adding new class later on if it wasn't planned from the start (vide Psionic class) would only cause more problems and issues to solve than benefits.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Fair enough. What about Lust combat re-balancing? Has it become something the devs might consider looking into in the foreseeable future?

Maybe. Lust weapons still need dicked around with if nothing else.

Personally, I've never been satisfied with Lust combat in TiTS. The whole Tease Skill thing just makes it more annoying than fun. Unless you like grinding a million times, I guess.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Perhaps tease level could be linked to orgasm count? 

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Maybe. Lust weapons still need dicked around with if nothing else.

Personally, I've never been satisfied with Lust combat in TiTS. The whole Tease Skill thing just makes it more annoying than fun. Unless you like grinding a million times, I guess.

Huh.. never really felt grindy to me. Usually have 3 of the 4 maxed by the time I finish Tarkus if I am trying to play a strait lust attacker (which my smuggler is). Butt is almost always maxed before i leave the first planet.. but I am all about dat booty. I actually really like and prefer the lust combat. I will admit I was hoping for a lust based class some day too but smuggler works just fine. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well I do find it slight odd (system to grind tease). If not for my love of Naleen Huntress I would probably never bother to hang around Nhen'ga for too long (well now due to Bess on tarkus I do someties beating Dane, grabbing Bess and going back to Mhen'ga). From causal use I thinkk even around max lvl I thin I wouldn't normaly max either of tease types.