Need Opinions: Wings and horns

What to write first!

• Total voters

Darkness

Aug 9, 2017
Hello,

Im reasonably new on the forum but I been following the game for a while. Got free time on my hands so deciding to write things. For my first "piece" I want to go something small. I been looking through the wiki etc.

Now wings and horns caught my eye. Im thinking of writing some goat horn TF so you don't need the treatment to get them, also avian/swan/eagle/dragonfly wings seems empty so I wouldn't mind doing those.

Getting to the point; is there any interest in these things being added into the game but more importantly anyone got a suggestion on what to write first since my brain is choosing to be indecisive on this matter.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Write what YOU want to write, not what others want you to. That's the one thing we always tell others that are new to doing something for this game. Because if you let others decide for you, you'd just get mixed opinions.

Just pick which one interests you the most in writing. If you want my advice, we already have Avian wings in the form of Amber Seed, and Swan and Eagle are kinda redundant in that regard since they're all avian anyways.

Also SoandSo already wrote a Goat TF with the horns and all, it just isn't coded in as of yet.

Last edited:

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
It's not an area I pay much attention to, but I think Dove balm gets you angel/dove wings too, right? So yeah, Dragonfly would probably be your best bet there. I could see a lot of people wanting to combo it with the elf ears for a fairy look, etc.

Write what YOU want to write, not what others want you to. That's the one thing we always tell others that are new to doing something for this game. Because if you let others decide for you, you'd just get mixed opinions.

Tbh, I have mixed feelings about the fact that everyone does always says that. The general impression I've gotten is that most people really are undecided. They have two or more options, all of which are enjoyable to them. And with all else being equal, they'd rather write the one that would get the most interest? I know if I was in that situation, I'd rather receive an opinion - or at most a "they all sound good, I don't have an opinion" - than be admonished because I was asking for input, y'know?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
If you are thinking about writing a standalone goat horn TF, I would instead think about adding it onto Hornitol. I've always found it weird that Hornitol only grows rhino and narwhal horns.

Reactions: Kesil

Darkness

Aug 9, 2017

Just pick which one interests you the most in writing. If you want my advice, we already have Avian wings in the form of Amber Seed, and Swan and Eagle are kinda redundant in that regard since they're all avian anyways.

Also SoandSo already wrote a Goat TF with the horns and all, it just isn't coded in as of yet.

Ahh did not know about that goat TF. Thanks for the advice also yeah I am writing what I want to write I want all these things in the game this post was primarily to get info like you just provided that something is already being worked on or something is quite similar.

Darkness

Aug 9, 2017
It's not an area I pay much attention to, but I think Dove balm gets you angel/dove wings too, right? So yeah, Dragonfly would probably be your best bet there. I could see a lot of people wanting to combo it with the elf ears for a fairy look, etc.

Tbh, I have mixed feelings about the fact that everyone does always says that. The general impression I've gotten is that most people really are undecided. They have two or more options, all of which are enjoyable to them. And with all else being equal, they'd rather write the one that would get the most interest? I know if I was in that situation, I'd rather receive an opinion - or at most a "they all sound good, I don't have an opinion" - than be admonished because I was asking for input, y'know?

Ohh, is anyone working on fairy ish wings? I am totally down to write some fae TF content if not xD Perhaps something similar to inessa, saeri wings?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Ohh, is anyone working on fairy ish wings? I am totally down to write some fae TF content if not xD Perhaps something similar to inessa, saeri wings?
Sylvanol gives Fae/Fairy wings already. :p
A butterfly wing TF however doesn't seem all that hard to do. If you're gonna be calling them Saeri wings though you'd outta just make a full on TF item for the species, which isn't best for newbies to take on. Just calling them butterfly wings is best.

Darkness

Aug 9, 2017
Sylvanol gives Fae/Fairy wings already. :p
A butterfly wing TF however doesn't seem all that hard to do. If you're gonna be calling them Saeri wings though you'd outta just make a full on TF item for the species, which isn't best for newbies to take on. Just calling them butterfly wings is best.

ahhh, well someone needs to update the wiki ;) But yeah that sounds great for a second project xD

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Both Sylvanol and Wings articles have had that bit for a long time. They're referred to as sylvan wings, though.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Aren't swan wings just going to end up as bigger dove wings? They're also fully flight capable and large enough to be treated as clothes if you have two pairs or more.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Don't we already have literally everything from this list?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Don't we already have literally everything from this list?

I don't recall us having dragonfly wings yet. I think you can save edit them in cause they were ported over from CoC but I don't think anything in game grants them yet but I could be wrong.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
I don't recall us having dragonfly wings yet. I think you can save edit them in cause they were ported over from CoC but I don't think anything in game grants them yet but I could be wrong.
We do have dragonfly, but no avian or eagle.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
We do have dragonfly, but no avian or eagle.
We don't have dragonfly wings.
And again, We DO have avian wings, Amber seed and dove balm gives them, and eagle wings would be redundant given they're avian wings as well.

Last edited: