Need help with Brint/Brienne TS

Marsproject

Oct 6, 2015
To put it simply I completely forgot once you get to Khorminos the cave where the curse armor is that turns Brint into Brienne collapses and becomes unavailable, is there any way I can do the transformation through the save editor? If so what do I gotta do to start the process?

Normally I would go back to an earlier save but I would really want to avoid doing that if at all possible as its at least an hour or two back from my current one.

F

FreshMeat

Honestly: Brint, Etheryn, Cait, Azzy are the Companions I wouldn't mess around with save editor, code monkey...
If it's only 1-2 hours of play, you are better off going back to the save and do that properly. Especially because you have a ton of new dialogues, different interactions etc. Some things will remain the same so you can speed up that part because you already know what will happen.

F

FreshMeat

It might be my own way of (over)doing things, but I always have my regular saves, properly named, and experimental ones where I try out next steps or just mess with things.

Tarnakus

Oct 31, 2020
You can go back from undermountain and then manually edit the save file. Look for a flag called MAD_COW_KILL and delete it. This will allow you to start the Mad Cow (From the original tile in Valley) quest and proceed from there.

By save edit, I mean using a text editor. It's been a long time since I used save editor on the forum.

Edit: I had old save file and it worked.

Example:
Before edit:
\"KM_ENTER\":1,\"MAD_COW_KILL\":2,
After edit
,\"KM_ENTER\":1,\"KM_WAGON_TS\":6097,

Delete everything between two comas and then one coma.

Warning - this will not clear any flags from Khorminos done with Brint - You will probably see the same scenes with Brienne (unless they have exactly the same flag) but if devs check somewhere for Brint specific flag and you have it - he will appear from thin air.

BTW. Changing Brint->Brienne is not that dangerous as game is more or else prepared for that - the reverse is a lot more difficult and dangerous to your save file.

Last edited: